List Mgmt. 2024 List Mgmt

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit of responsibility for our start this year needs to be placed on our recruitment.

We replaced two AFL players Billings, Gresham for two injured AFL players in Dow and Henry.

Both players we let go are having productive seasons with their new teams while our recruits have essentially been on the injury list for the majority of the year.

No matter what you think of Billings and Gresham they are good players and if fit (as they are now) they would be in our starting 22.
Review this after five years, not after five games. Ridiculous post.

A bit of responsibility for our start this year needs to be placed on our recruitment.

We replaced two AFL players Billings, Gresham for two injured AFL players in Dow and Henry.

Both players we let go are having productive seasons with their new teams while our recruits have essentially been on the injury list for the majority of the year.

No matter what you think of Billings and Gresham they are good players and if fit (as they are now) they would be in our starting 22.

One could mount a case that we let 2 brownlow medalist quality players go… big shoes to fill.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 1.17.31 pm.png

And they delisted Clav once he started to show a couple of signs after holding onto him for a while. Probably would not have made it long term, but the strategy was flawed.

Paton had a great 2020 from memory. Broken leg is extremely difficult to come back from so that’s just a bad luck story. That’s the way things go sometimes.
Gave up biggie for Leo.

And they delisted Clav once he started to show a couple of signs after holding onto him for a while. Probably would not have made it long term, but the strategy was flawed.

Paton had a great 2020 from memory. Broken leg is extremely difficult to come back from so that’s just a bad luck story. That’s the way things go sometimes.
Elsaugh stuffed our club for a long time…bloody horrific period that left a terrible legacy!

Elsaugh stuffed our club for a long time…bloody horrific period that left a terrible legacy!

He must be a hell of a good bloke , because why else did we put up with his s**t.
We're still stuffed due to Elshaug, Collingwood have got a major player , still contributing strongly after recruiting him in 2006.

It will be another decade before we recover from the damage he did.
Disgusting that no-one above him in the organisation realised what crap he was.
Which only means they were crap as well.

He must be a hell of a good bloke , because why else did we put up with his s**t.
We're still stuffed due to Elshaug, Collingwood have got a major player , still contributing strongly after recruiting him in 2006.

It will be another decade before we recover from the damage he did.
Disgusting that no-one above him in the organisation realised what crap he was.
Which only means they were crap as well.

Met him at a few training sessions and he seemed like a grumpy campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gresham has lost significant weight has got his speed and intensity back-very different player than we had last year
His helicopter kicks towards the defenders advantage, instead of the forwards, and his disappearance when things got tough yesterday, beg to differ.

He may be leaner and fitter, but his ball use and unwillingness to get involved when things are tough were still there.

Gresham has lost significant weight has got his speed and intensity back-very different player than we had last year

He's working a lot harder than he was at the Saints, His chase looks determined not for show. He wasn't worth the dollars on last years output but he's earning his keep in 2024.

Gresham is averaging less possessions but slightly more goals per game than he did with Saints last year.

Either way - I wouldn't be paying that much for this sort of output.

Gresham is averaging less possessions but slightly more goals per game than he did with Saints last year.

Either way - I wouldn't be paying that much for this sort of output.

Our coaches ruined Gresham's career. He was a gun forward pocket/goal sneak. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he knick 30 goals 30 points in his third year? Then our master coaches decided to try and make him a midfielder and all of a sudden became injury riddled. Essington have the right idea by playing him in his natural position of goal sneak....

Our coaches ruined Gresham's career. He was a gun forward pocket/goal sneak. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he knick 30 goals 30 points in his third year? Then our master coaches decided to try and make him a midfielder and all of a sudden became injury riddled. Essington have the right idea by playing him in his natural position of goal sneak....
Ruptured achilles does most players in.

Tea leaves are telling me that we will be in the mid season draft. I am guessing by May 29 we will have slid to 14th on the ladder and that means pick 5. Maybe Van Es to go on long term injury and give us a chance to pick up someone decent. This year turning out to be part of the rebuild which I think is a reality check.

MISSION #1 FOR 2024
Offload Dougal Howard as a Free Agent, warranting an end of Round 1 pick. "Gresham him off"

North Melbourne surely have the cash and the need. Cordy covers his role fine for now, Van Es or Schoenmaker need a position to shoot for too.

MISSION #1 FOR 2024
Offload Dougal Howard as a Free Agent, warranting an end of Round 1 pick. "Gresham him off"

North Melbourne surely have the cash and the need. Cordy covers his role fine for now, Van Es or Schoenmaker need a position to shoot for too.
I'm more than happy to ship Doogs off but neither JVE or Shoey are replacing him.
Need to look outside the box on that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back