List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree and he has pretty much played a lone hand in the midfield for the last 4 years.

I wouldn’t say no to either, we have to spend the money.
would rather frontload the s**t out of someone like LDU.
North would probably accept the bitter pill this year knowing they would get pick 2
That’s why he’s in play, blow them out of the water with a deal they can’t or won’t match and let afl compo satisfy north. It’s going to be a hard sell for north, absolutely terrible again and I think he’d be mad not to cash in his chips.

I’m not a huge fan of these deals but we have to move the needle and with 1 first rounder a year that’s pretty hard to do. We better hope our strategy is the right one because we’ve missed the opportunity to bottom out now before Tassie enter the comp. North and Hawthorn have pretty much gone all in on that plan so I guess we’ll see who was right.

With the celery cap going up ~25(?)% that isn't a totally unrealistic number for him to be asking to move.

But we'd be nuts to cough up anything near that for a small fwd when we are in desperate need for elite mids.
Copy and paste Lifestyles rant about LDU for Stengle for me.

The league has learned its lesson. They'll be made to trade for experienced players to a large degree.
They are going to get the best deal we’ve ever seen, it will leave jaws on the ground. The AFL have learnt their lesson it’s going to be the best young talent plus expats plus experienced talent. The compensation isn’t going to be tassie’s high draft picks it will be via the AFL and the equivalent of a bag of magic beans.

I know posters will be thinking that won’t happen because the top clubs will cry bloody murder but that’s not how it works. These concessions have keep teams up the top in the past and crippled teams trying to rise up the ladder. So if your team is stacked and contending with a decent list profile you’d be crazy to vote against it.

With the celery cap going up ~25(?)% that isn't a totally unrealistic number for him to be asking to move.

But we'd be nuts to cough up anything near that for a small fwd when we are in desperate need for elite mids.

As long as we don't spend the extra celery on spuds

maxresdefault.jpg

The club would absolutely pull a rabbit out of a hat to get a flag in the next few years , we always seem to be in no mans land , we cant attract top liners that would really make a difference and are finishing mid table and not getting high draft picks .
There are a few holes in our list that need to be fixed before we are going to win a flag
By that time tassie will come in and we'll be really nowhere probably ......

Celery? Nuts?

All of a sudden I've got a hankering for a nice Waldorf salad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he wants out of north at all costs (who wouldn’t) he might be happy to come to the Saints. Wait a year and he has multiple suitors, less likely to choose us.
North will probably want two first round picks because he isn't out of contract. Does anyone think he is worth that, especially now that we are drafting pretty well?

If he wants out of north at all costs (who wouldn’t) he might be happy to come to the Saints. Wait a year and he has multiple suitors, less likely to choose us.
Cost too much. Would rather take the chance he doesn’t want to come and take the two first rounders to the draft.

North will probably want two first round picks because he isn't out of contract. Does anyone think he is worth that, especially now that we are drafting pretty well?
It’s tough. If we let him get to FA then he’s likely gonna have other offers and as we know we’re not a desirable destination.

Alternately we we pay over in a trade this year with a limited market.

He’s not worth two firsts but sometimes you gotta pay overs to get the deal done.

I'm undecided. If we really think he's putting us in contention at the pointy end, if we think we've got the team to back him up, then just get it done.

If we'd succeeded getting JDG we would have thought we had the finished article, but would he have made enough difference in our final against GWS last year? We wouldn't have Wilson or Collard, but we MIGHT have had our second premiership cup.

I'm a cautious man, but I think there's a time for bravery and risk. Let the pros decide I suppose

I'm undecided. If we really think he's putting us in contention at the pointy end, if we think we've got the team to back him up, then just get it done.

If we'd succeeded getting JDG we would have thought we had the finished article, but would he have made enough difference in our final against GWS last year? We wouldn't have Wilson or Collard, but we MIGHT have had our second premiership cup.

I'm a cautious man, but I think there's a time for bravery and risk. Let the pros decide I suppose
I think the Membrey situation pre that game has to be considered as well, we looked well down on intensity. I can’t even imagine taking the field after that.

I think our non injured midfield is blue collar good and was a game breaker short so yeh, I think JDG would have made a fair difference. Then add in what we’ve drafted (Wilson) and added (Henry).

I can see the LDU story

If we had JDG the flow on effect would be huge. Maybe we finish a bit higher on the ladder and avoid GWS, Collingwood probably don’t play as well or even make the grand final which changes the whole finals series, not sure it’s as simple as just add him to our last game of the year.

Someone said in another thread that after we beat GWS in 2017 they thought we were two mids away from contending. Seven years later and we’ve still got the same problem, if we get a chance to fix that problem I think we have to take it.

Can't see us burning draft picks on him, surely we wait until he's a free agent and then hit him with the godfather offer.

This is a midfielders draft with really high end players right up until the teens. I think we'd want to make the most of our high priced recruiter too. I'd guess if we have a top 10 pick we'd really want to take it to the draft.

Does any one know if Van Es is going on the LTI list? It would be handy to have a pick at the MSD in a few weeks.

Adam D'Aloia and Mutaz El Nour would both be handy for us.

D'Aloia was captain of SA 2 years ago and a shock when he wasn't drafted. Midfielder going well in the SANFL.

El Nour is a tall defender who isn't that tall but athletic AF. Sudanese mature ager from the Tigers VFL list.

I think we need to stay the course with what we're doing, drafting with our first and picking up players with later picks or free agents. McCluggage should be top priority as a RFA mid. I also like the idea of Daniel given our game plan of hitting targets in the corridor - we need all the good kicks we can get. He's still only 27 (will be 28 in July) so plenty of footy in him.

I would love LDU but that would cost the world in draft picks/players. If it was on offer you have to consider it though. From all the godfather offers in FA over the years not many have come off, and less from smaller unsuccessful clubs too.

C'mon man... it's only celery. It's outside our actual monetary spending. If we can weigh up his talents against fresh produce we should go for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back