Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Who: Fremantle vs Adelaide
When: Saturday 11th July
Time: 7.30pm (AEST) 7.00pm (ACST) 5.30pm (AWST)
Where: AAMI Stadium
What: Round 15 AFL Season 2009
See: Fox Sports Live @ 7.30pm (AEST) Live @ 5.30pm (AWST)
Channel 10 Live @ 5.30pm (AWST)

TEAMS: (Red's are IN's for both sides) (Does NOT Include Late Changes to team)

ADELAIDE v FREMANTLE

B: Graham Johncock, Ben Rutten, Andy Otten
F: Hayden Ballantyne, Kepler Bradley, Ryan Murphy

HB: Simon Goodwin, Nathan Bock, Michael Doughty
HF: Stephen Hill, Scott Thornton, Dean Solomon

C: Nathan van Berlo, Scott Thompson, Brad Symes
C: Garrick Ibbotson, Paul Hasleby, Clayton Hinkley

HF: Chris Knights, Scott Stevens, David Mackay
HB: Matt de Boer, Luke McPharlin, Paul Duffield

F: Jason Porplyzia, Kurt Tippett, Tyson Edwards
B: Greg Broughton, Chris Tarrant, Nic Suban

Foll: Ivan Maric, Patrick Dangerfield, Bernie Vince
Foll: Zac Clarke, Byron Schammer, David Mundy

I/C: Brent Reilly, Andrew McLeod, James Sellar, Robert Shirley
I/C: Brett Peake, Antoni Grover, Tim Ruffles, Steven Dodd

Emg: Phil Davis, Richard Douglas, Jared Petrenko
Emg: Daniel Gilmore, Adam Campbell, Luke Pratt

New: Tim Ruffles (North Ballarat)

Freo by -36.

OK I expect loads of detail in this thread, as I am not sure I will be able to watch the game (heading out at 4pm to some non-footy loving friends' place and don't think watching the game will be an option... :(). As I don't have foxtel and therefore can not view a replay, this is it folks, as far as my "getting to see" the game will go.

OK I expect loads of detail in this thread, as I am not sure I will be able to watch the game (heading out at 4pm to some non-footy loving friends' place and don't think watching the game will be an option... :(). As I don't have foxtel and therefore can not view a replay, this is it folks, as far as my "getting to see" the game will go.

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Being forced out to dinner tonight and don't know if i'll get back in time for even half the game. :thumbsdown:

What's this 'Radalaide' business?? I've met some fine folk from Adelaide but is the city rad??

While there are plenty of 'rad' people here in SA if I do say so myself, I've never been much of a fan of the term 'Radelaide'.

I much prefer the unofficial slogan;

South Australia, it's...

aeefb6d2388fbb4099e9bf8ec31c0e5a_resized.JPG

See I couldn't do that. I just tell people now, sorry Freo are playing, no can do.
If pressed I explain that I am a tragic obsessive, it's the defining event of my week and I'm not missing it for anyone.

See I couldn't do that. I just tell people now, sorry Freo are playing, no can do.
If pressed I explain that I am a tragic obsessive, it's the defining event of my week and I'm not missing it for anyone.

Other half made the arrangements, and of course he didn't think to check the fixtures, which is the first thing I do whenever there's any suggestion of some social activity. When he said, "I've made this particular arrangement", I stupidly had it in my head that the game was on tomorrow, and said yeah okay. By the time I double checked the fixtures it was too late as others had been involved and now I am stuck. :(

Other half made the arrangements, and of course he didn't think to check the fixtures, which is the first thing I do whenever there's any suggestion of some social activity. When he said, "I've made this particular arrangement", I stupidly had it in my head that the game was on tomorrow, and said yeah okay. By the time I double checked the fixtures it was too late as others had been involved and now I am stuck. :(

Wear a walkman and grin and nod if anyone tries to talk to you. Find a quiet corner with beer. The other football fans will find you and you can force the hosts to turn the TV on en masse.

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Being forced out to dinner tonight and don't know if i'll get back in time for even half the game. :thumbsdown:

Yeah I'm stuck going to a birthday barbie tonight but you can bet your sweet ass I'll be being antisocial and parking myself in front of the tv while the game's on. They should just be thankful I'm turning up at all after they scheduled it the same night as the Freo game.

There'll be few Freo fans there though so I should have a few people to watch it with.

I've done the right thing, and will be forgoing a party tonight so I can make it to the game.

Sure I'm the only Fremantle fan in my group of friends, but when Fremantle plays is just the type of thing that everyone should take note of. Perhaps I need some new, more understanding friends....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wear a walkman and grin and nod if anyone tries to talk to you. Find a quiet corner with beer. The other football fans will find you and you can force the hosts to turn the TV on en masse.

See the most frustrating thing is that I made the original arrangement for last Sat, knowing that it didn't clash. Then when those plans had to be cancelled, this is what I ended up with. :(

Maybe I can convince someone to put the tele on in the background, and I can keep one eye on it.

Just had a look.... its not on radio anywhere !!

WTF? Seriously in this day and age not one radio station could cover the game???

Anyways..... driving to melbourne now, cya guys tomorrow :)

Geez don't be too down guys, I get the feeling not being able to watch the game will be a bit of a blessing :eek:

The positive (for those going to the game) is that at this stage it looks like it should be a perfect night for football - cool and dry.

The bad news is that would suggest a high scoring game, which probably isn't what Fremantle want. Also any late change involving Luke Pratt would seem less likely now.

The positive (for those going to the game) is that at this stage it looks like it should be a perfect night for football - cool and dry.

The bad news is that would suggest a high scoring game, which probably isn't what Fremantle want. Also any late change involving Luke Pratt would seem less likely now.

Better than one of those days where they have a cyclone force wind blowing to one end and the ball sails back over your head when you try to kick it forward. We've had a few of those over there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back