Changes vs Port Adelaide (R11): Frawley, Jetta in for Dawes, Toumpas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was having a look at the team match ups - we look good on paper - only questionable thing i see is terlich on wingard - but I reckon he'll go ok.

How they are lined up on paper isn't how they'll match up, no way in hell would Terlich go to Wingard.

That would be Jetta or Garland that gets the job most likely.

Was having a look at the team match ups - we look good on paper - only questionable thing i see is terlich on wingard - but I reckon he'll go ok.

Why would we play someone who can't defend on their most dangerous forward? He can go to Moore or White.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said on paper, and even then I questioned that match up.

Are you talking about the team listing on the AFL website? If so, those things would barely qualify as a tissue of lies.

Am I the only person who thinks Jetta's inclusion has got absolutely zero to do with the fact it's Indigenous Round?

He starred in the VFL for a good month, got his chance and was in good nick at AFL level before he went down with a bit of gastro before the Tigers game. Deserves his spot back. That's without even considering the fact there are Wingard and Neade to think about it (I like Jimmy, but prefer Nev if we're talking shutdown defender).
I'd agree with you but it seems to me that it has always been the case that this happens for this round (with most of our aboriginal fellas). It is just that this time his form backs it up.

Jetty would have come back in no matter what round it was - especially as Port have a plethora of small forwards and goal kicking runners.

That said, I have nothing against picking an indigenous player largely because it's indigenous round - you know they are going to be pumped for the occasion.

This weekend needs to be Mission: drill Wingard.

Seriously - if we drill the shit out of him and make it hard for him to get hands on ball and when he does - hurt him - we'll put a BIG dent in their game.

I'm not saying dog the guy, I'm just saying we should ride the f'er hard and make him hurt when we can.

This weekend needs to be Mission: drill Wingard.

Seriously - if we drill the shit out of him and make it hard for him to get hands on ball and when he does - hurt him - we'll put a BIG dent in their game.

I'm not saying dog the guy, I'm just saying we should ride the f'er hard and make him hurt when we can.

Port are much more than Wingard , stopping him won't really make any difference

Port are much more than Wingard , stopping him won't really make any difference
I reckon it will. It'll take a main avenue to score away from them, allowing our defenders some breathing space. Not saying it's a game winning tactic, but I do think it'd help us out big time.

Another worry I was is Wines. I have a feeling viney may come off 2nd best of they go head to head.

There's a lot to say on the issue, I actually think these themed rounds are getting out of control. We are all Australians why have one round dedicated to one race. Anyway on topic was there a change to the team, I heard Harford say on SEN Toumpas late change. I didn't hear anything else just the tail end of that sentence.

Quite the discussion! Just wanted to reiterate that Jetta completely deserves his place, he's been very good down back so far this year.

I agree he should be in the side, but hasnt he played one good game down back?

Further to what Captain Jack has said, all off-topic discussion has been moved to its own thread on the 'Hell' sub-board given it was 17 posts and a significant amount of discussion, albeit off-topic.

Please keep on topic in future. The fact that it is indigenous round gave no validity to the manner in which this thread was taken off topic.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back