2nds 2016 Adelaide Crows SANFL season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what will eventually save Thompson , and others , ( highlighted on the podcast ;) ) is that with 3 coaches in 12 months we are in a state of flux and players have been given an opportunity to steady the ship when in previous times they may have been moved on.

We gave up Kerridge and half of what we got for Danger only to have him rot in the SANFL and most likely get injured there.
Awesome list management.

We knew his fitness base was non existent. That is something that cannot be corrected with a single post-operative managed preseason. I understand the angst, but no need to make ridiculous statements like a 2nd round pick equates to half of the value of a first and second combined. That's nonsense.

Thommo will get another year, and unfortunately unless CEY makes another Jump 2017 will be his last.
As Greenwood, Gore, Wigg, Crouch x 2 Milera, Lyons would have jumped him.

Thommo won't be getting another year. His deterioration, as certain as it was, over the last 4 weeks has put paid to that. Let's just hope that he's self aware enough to agree to a rest because another couple of weeks in his current form and the decision won't be his.

No way we have already decided to offer him a contract. Not a chance.

AdV is rarely rational when talking about Thommo. The detail of his manifestations is impressive though. He can almost describe the pen in Thommo's hand as he's considering whether to sign or not. Mmmm what's that aroma, fresh coffee, must have just brewed a pot. Oh Mrs Thommo, you do spoil him.

AdV is rarely rational when talking about Thommo. The detail of his manifestations is impressive though. He can almost describe the pen in Thommo's hand as he's considering whether to sign or not. Mmmm what's that aroma, fresh coffee, must have just brewed a pot. Oh Mrs Thommo, you do spoil him.
Read the comments first. I have justified my reasoning And I still believe it will end up being his choice,
Also no one has named 5 inside mids better than him in the current Crows list, and even struggle to find 5 potential inside mids better than at the end of the year. So if he stays for 1 more year they lost nothing and as explained in one comment.
And for your info have not spoken to Thommo for several years and never spoken to his mum, So your joke or attempt at one can be regarded in some circle insulting.

UkNJhWa.png

OTrDBqe.png

Doedee just keeps finding his way into the bests. I haven't really had a chance to watch the games. What is he doing that's so impressive? His numbers are always mediocre so I assume it must be his stopping work?

Not one bit of footage from Brad Crouch, but two from Wade Hancock. The guy had 37 touches and 11 clearances, surely they could find SOMETHING.

Not one bit of footage from Brad Crouch, but two from Wade Hancock. The guy had 37 touches and 11 clearances, surely they could find SOMETHING.

I guess seeing a quick handball from a stoppage isn't a good as a bloke kicking his first 2 league goals.

One thing I'd like to know from those who went, did Brouch burst away from a pack or were those 37 touches just all in and under stuff. For mine its that burst that most of us want to see return

Read the comments first. I have justified my reasoning And I still believe it will end up being his choice,
Also no one has named 5 inside mids better than him in the current Crows list, and even struggle to find 5 potential inside mids better than at the end of the year. So if he stays for 1 more year they lost nothing and as explained in one comment.
And for your info have not spoken to Thommo for several years and never spoken to his mum, So your joke or attempt at one can be regarded in some circle insulting.

Mrs Thommo is his wife. Sloane, B Crouch, M Crouch, Lyons, CEY, Grigg, Wigg, Rat, CC all capable of playing much better than Thommo's current output and more likely to be trained to work in a defensive system if we ever create one. His first 4 weeks were good to very good, his next 2 average and he's now been poor to very poor for 3. We'll see where he ends up, but I doubt it'll be particularly good if we think that the scheduled byes are all he needs to play at his higher end.

Mrs Thommo is his wife. Sloane, B Crouch, M Crouch, Lyons, CEY, Grigg, Wigg, Rat, CC all capable of playing much better than Thommo's current output and more likely to be trained to work in a defensive system if we ever create one. His first 4 weeks were good to very good, his next 2 average and he's now been poor to very poor for 3. We'll see where he ends up, but I doubt it'll be particularly good if we think that the scheduled byes are all he needs to play at his higher end.

Sloane Plays outside and even last week did not match Thommo output for Clearance, but yes he the best mid in Crows
B Crouch not yet later in the year may overtake him,
M Crouch 1 year away but could overtake him by years end. Tackle let him down
Cameron, Needs to get more than 20 touches first could be a possible. But still 1 maybe 2 more pre-seasons away from being a full time mid,
Atkins play his first game as an Inside mid against Gold Coast. possible.
Lyons no his best is equal to Thommo bad games. without the clearances.
CEY , Grigg, I watch the SANFL and they are no where near Thommo and unfortanatle never will. Grigg has the football brain but make Thommo look fast, CEY all the talent but does not know how to use it.
And even playing Poor he is still the leading clearance player out there. he still get 20 touches playing s**t. still has 5 plus tackles.
By the year end he will have played good enough to make the choice if he want stay or retires. The offer will be there.

Sloane Plays outside and even last week did not match Thommo output for Clearance, but yes he the best mid in Crows
B Crouch not yet later in the year may overtake him,
M Crouch 1 year away but could overtake him by years end. Tackle let him down
Cameron, Needs to get more than 20 touches first could be a possible. But still 1 maybe 2 more pre-seasons away from being a full time mid,
Atkins play his first game as an Inside mid against Gold Coast. possible.
Lyons no his best is equal to Thommo bad games. without the clearances.
CEY , Grigg, I watch the SANFL and they are no where near Thommo and unfortanatle never will. Grigg has the football brain but make Thommo look fast, CEY all the talent but does not know how to use it.
And even playing Poor he is still the leading clearance player out there. he still get 20 touches playing s**t. still has 5 plus tackles.
By the year end he will have played good enough to make the choice if he want stay or retires. The offer will be there.

Raw numbers are misleading because they favour those that get the lions share of opportunity. I'm not going to continue comparing Thommo to the guys who won't get an opportunity to prove they can match his current poor output. Thommo is here till the end of the year and I just hope that he gets at least an extra rest after the bye. He plays a damn sight better after a week off than he does when he's had a few games without one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For interests sake theres a few ex Crows playing in the State game Sunday. Ozzie, Riley, Martin, Johnston, Thompson and Wilson.

Anyone get to watch the SANFL vs VFL game?
SA won 106-87.
Good to see 6 ex-Crows playing for SA in Aidan Riley, Luke Thompson, Brodie Martin, Lewis Johnston, Jack Osborn and Anthony Wilson.
Doesn't look like any of those 6 did a huge amount though, looking at the stats.

Anyone get to watch the SANFL vs VFL game?
SA won 106-87.
Good to see 6 ex-Crows playing for SA in Aidan Riley, Luke Thompson, Brodie Martin, Lewis Johnston, Jack Osborn and Anthony Wilson.
Doesn't look like any of those 6 did a huge amount though, looking at the stats.
I watched the first half. Wilson didn't do anything much, Johnston, it's just laughable how selfish and lazy he is. I would hate to play a bloke like him because he just does not give a stuff about anyone but himself. Martin was OK and Osborn did some decent ruck work.

Thommo won't be getting another year. His deterioration, as certain as it was, over the last 4 weeks has put paid to that. Let's just hope that he's self aware enough to agree to a rest because another couple of weeks in his current form and the decision won't be his.

Couldn't get a sniff in the last and got dragged. I know this as I had a bet on him and all he had to do was fall over the line and he couldn't even do that. GWS pace of the game too much for him.

Couldn't get a sniff in the last and got dragged. I know this as I had a bet on him and all he had to do was fall over the line and he couldn't even do that. GWS pace of the game too much for him.
Thompson, VB and Milera all sat the last 11 minutes of the game. Charlie sat the last 4. Still had 3 more interchanges too.

So apparently Richmond and Essendon had a VFL game on Saturday before the Dreamtime game even though the rest of the VFL hd the bye for the state game? Why couldn't the SANFL allow the Crows and Power to have a game this weekend too, or did we even bother asking? Our players aren't even eligible for state rep so this weekend was an absolute waste for both teams. #amateurhour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back