• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok, you doom and gloomers, I have some good news, the Crows will do the unthinkable and win, here’s the rationale to my madness:

We have to win sometime
We will bring the pressure big time
Tex sick of carrying the team on his back, will ignore that and shine against his mate Lever
Nicks will release the shackles and scrap his stupid gameplan
Nicks will drop a dud in Murphy
Nicks will recall Nank and debut Dowling, fresh faces, fresh team
Dees were super efficient with their forward 50 entries and couldn’t miss, that won’t happen 2 weeks in a row
Dees will have relaxed too much visiting our wine regions

Crows by 5 or 7 points, load up, both are paying $61

I'm worried that we'll get pumped. Melbourne looked pretty good the other night.

It's all coming home to roost.

We'll do something stupid like bringing in Hamill for Milera.

Murphy into the 22 for Pedlar, and he'll be wearing a bigger knee bandage than Rehn's

Butts for Borlase the only other change.

Tex won't train all week but play

Crouch, Laird, Dawson, ROB at the first bounce.

I'm worried that we'll get pumped. Melbourne looked pretty good the other night.

It's all coming home to roost.

We'll do something stupid like bringing in Hamill for Milera.

Murphy into the 22 for Pedlar, and he'll be wearing a bigger knee bandage than Rehn's

Butts for Borlase the only other change.

Tex won't train all week but play

Crouch, Laird, Dawson, ROB at the first bounce.
Man, talk about bringing a dampener to a thread, why so doom and gloomy?

Things working in our favor

Match is at home ✅
Not expected to win, so less pressure ✅
We've done okay against Melbourne recently ✅
We do have some young players ready to step up from SANFL level ✅

Things working against us

Matthew Nicks is a terrible coach with a horrendous game plan ❌
Our assistant coaching panel lacks experienced quality ❌
Lots of players in terrible form, including our best like Dawson ❌
Prime time slot and media pressure increases pressure that we handle poorly ❌
Nicks is unlikely to drop cooked senior players like Smith ❌
Injury to Milera, who is one of our better ball users ❌
Most of our leadership group sucks ❌
Risk of only changes being young players swapped with young players ❌
Nicks keeps blaming the players instead of his game plan, suggesting he will want us to execute his crap plan A again but better ❌
Melbourne are in good form ❌
Melbourne's midfield is much better than ours ❌
Melbourne have excellent defenders and we love kicking straight to them at the moment ❌
Taylor Walker is moving poorly and appears injured but we'll play him anyway to ensure the injury remains ❌

Yeah got a feeling we'll be competitive and perhaps jag a win.

If we get pumped there'll be a few sphincters cutting washers around the AFC.
Pre being 0-3 i would have thought the same thing. I had this as a potentially exciting match.

If we get pumped, I'm not sure what happens, so you sack a coach at 0-4? Doesn't look good that's for sure.

ROB has actually been one of our few OK players so far this year but fear Gawn will get a hold of him and be BOG.

As DABM said above, we will roll out the same midfield of Crouch, Laird, Dawson and 'back them in to respond as leaders'

The stubborn arrogance of Nicks will see the same garbage gameplan dished out again.

I really hope im wrong but can't see all our 'out of form' players suddenly finding it in 6 days... I think 'best' case scenario is that we lull Dee's into some sort of complacency thinking they just need to turn up to win and we turn it into a scrap sh*t fest and somehow manage o get within a few goals. We will then pat ourselves on the back and say we brought the 'effort' and have turned a corner.

If we lose with the same underperforming senior players again this week then Nicks 100% deserves the sack as soon as possible.

You have to wonder what the younger Crows think of the gold tickets handed out to the older guys?
They'll be looking forward to when they have played enough games to be senior and can play every week without having to perform and justify their selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are generally good for one big upset per year. And we have played well against the Dees the last few times so we could come out and jag a win.

I just can't see it happening myself. I think we are still a couple more losses away from Nicks abandoning his current game plan to go back to a more attacking style like last year. And that being the case Dee's should win this one pretty comfortably.

Going to be a very interesting first quarter. Nicks is predictable in his changes and I can almost guarantee we swap to an ultra attacking mindset this week where we go through the corridor every single time. It will be a take the game on gameplan from Nicks.

Going to be a very very very different looking side from the group that lost by 3 points last year:

Missing: Schoenberg, Sloane, Milera, Cook, Murphy, Murray, McAdam, Thilthorpe, Butts, Lately.

Ok, you doom and gloomers, I have some good news, the Crows will do the unthinkable and win, here’s the rationale to my madness:

We have to win sometime
We will bring the pressure big time
Tex sick of carrying the team on his back, will ignore that and shine against his mate Lever
Nicks will release the shackles and scrap his stupid gameplan
Nicks will drop a dud in Murphy
Nicks will recall Nank and debut Dowling, fresh faces, fresh team
Dees were super efficient with their forward 50 entries and couldn’t miss, that won’t happen 2 weeks in a row
Dees will have relaxed too much visiting our wine regions

Crows by 5 or 7 points, load up, both are paying $61
Lmao this is not the GK I know

Dees by 50

Wouldnt be surprised if we lost by 15 goals tbh
They just came in, beat port on their home deck and are hanging around here for the week so will be settled for Thursday night, have May back and are in miles better form.

Hoping I am wrong but this could be a real thumping and suck whats left of the life out of our season

Things working in our favor

Match is at home ✅
Not expected to win, so less pressure ✅
We've done okay against Melbourne recently ✅
We do have some young players ready to step up from SANFL level ✅

Things working against us

Matthew Nicks is a terrible coach with a horrendous game plan ❌
Our assistant coaching panel lacks experienced quality ❌
Lots of players in terrible form, including our best like Dawson ❌
Prime time slot and media pressure increases pressure that we handle poorly ❌
Nicks is unlikely to drop cooked senior players like Smith ❌
Injury to Milera, who is one of our better ball users ❌
Most of our leadership group sucks ❌
Risk of only changes being young players swapped with young players ❌
Nicks keeps blaming the players instead of his game plan, suggesting he will want us to execute his crap plan A again but better ❌
Melbourne are in good form ❌
Melbourne's midfield is much better than ours ❌
Melbourne have excellent defenders and we love kicking straight to them at the moment ❌
Taylor Walker is moving poorly and appears injured but we'll play him anyway to ensure the injury remains ❌
Also a midfielder who let Ben Cousins run riot has a coaching plan which allows midfielders to run riot ie. Rowell, Parish, Young, Gulden, Tom Green, J Kelly, McLuggage

There is a distinct possibility I might have the most beers I’ve ever had a game this Thursday night.
Fun Running GIF by FC Bayern Munich

Back