Game Day Game Day: Crows v Pear, Round 8 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What a champion young fella Jake comes across as and on the back of his few words , I take back my questioning of the new psychologist Rosie. It was a rotten performance in the first few rounds and who knows why the need to reinvent the wheel was even an option.Great to see a few positive signs, though the midfield issue is still an issue (albeit up a against one of the best).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was great watching Butters & Rozee burst through the stoppage, run a semi-circle then do a wild high loopy kick into the air over and over. When real pressure is on, they go to butter.
Butters had nil impact tonight.

32 possessions no hurt factor.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

And PA kicked 5.18 because of the pressure our backs put on them.
Credit where it's due, c'mon.
I love the young players we have back there. Port's complete domination around the ball put our defence under the pump though. Port missed plenty of easy shots at goal.

I love the young players we have back there. Port's complete domination around the ball put our defence under the pump though. Port missed plenty of easy shots at goal.
Yep...and it's an-ex Port player who's coaching them - makes it even sweeter! Worrell, Keane and Michalanney were excellent all night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So did Rozee actually do his hammy or was it a precautionary sub?
Hinkley said he was subbed because he was unable to get to full pace and was reluctant to kick. Suspect he's just feeling the effects of the minor hammy he did last week and shouldn't have played.

We have much better structure than Port.

5.18 is a product of just banging into the forward line with no movement at all.

Compared to our movement.

And that defensive structure.

Nicks outclassed Carr tonight

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought Carr coaches when they win and Kenny coaches when they lose?

Yeah agree, for me it’s the gameplan. If we play the chipping defensive garbage I feel we will lose irrespective of our quality.
We have some great players that are being hamstrung by Nicks. Also some crap players being picked by Nicks

I think Nicks game plan stood up well. Port have a clear class advantage in the middle and we overcame that and had a solid win - credit where it’s due

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back