Will the Crows do the unthinkable?

• Yes, George is genius

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • No, Wayne’s clearly hacked George’s account, save George

Votes: 40 63.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

just no composure anywhere in this entire playing group, young players are just not taught it at this club
The gameplan where they are constantly under pressure does that. One of the key parts that s**t me about it. Even Max made some bad ones today.

I am not sure if it is a lack of skill or stupid footballers but our forward entries are consistently poo.

There are plenty of bad ones, for certain. But have you stopped and looked at what is in front of the players kicking inside 50? All of our forwards just standing next to some of the best intercept marking defenders in the league, angrily motioning to kick it high to them.

Nobody is ******* moving. Nobody is putting on blocks to create space. Nobody is leading. Just standing there waiting for the ball to come in high and get intercepted.

It's driving me up the damn wall.

That little lapse period where they went goal-goal-goal late in the 2nd ends up being the difference. Just annoying that such a short very bad period cost us.
Well, there was also the constant:
  • Missing relatively easy goals
  • Finding new and inventive ways to stuff up forward entries
  • Kicking it to free melbourne defenders, and those defenders then inexplicably having an easy 50m pass to a teammate

There are plenty of bad ones, for certain. But have you stopped and looked at what is in front of the players kicking inside 50? All of our forwards just standing next to some of the best intercept marking defenders in the league, angrily motioning to kick it high to them.

Nobody is ******* moving. Nobody is putting on blocks to create space. Nobody is leading. Just standing there waiting for the ball to come in high and get intercepted.

It's driving me up the damn wall.
That’s a structural problem, I don’t remember our forward line all just moving to the same area last year.

That’s a structural problem, I don’t remember our forward line all just moving to the same area last year.

It's almost as if we lost a very good forward coach and figured we could probably just replace him by shuffling the deck chairs.

But hell, even then, surely the forwards could just remember what they were told to do last year and do that? How have they managed to regress so far?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's almost as if we lost a very good forward coach and figured we could probably just replace him by shuffling the deck chairs.

But hell, even then, surely the forwards could just remember what they were told to do last year and do that? How have they managed to regress so far?
It is not excusing some just plain bad kicking as well. There is a lot wrong right now and it’s not a quick fix.

They didn't quit in the end. But that third quarter was horrendous.

Delete May and Lever, the result would have not mattered. Our ball movement was terrible for most of the game.

Melbourne were the best team we have played this year but I think Carlton are even better. It's going to get really ugly next weekend unless they change something.

Presumably the coaching instruction is to stand there and fail to lead/block/compete because that will confuse teh defencers.

Well that’s it, I’m not wasting one more weekend watching this mob this year - one month in and we haven’t improved, regressed from last year, shocking - disgusting skills. I’ll tune back in when the club gives a damn and does something about this

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Predictable result in the end. We have zero confidence. How does Rachele get a gig...two golden opportunities for goals in that qtr, and and he hogs the one in front of Tex, drops the mark and then fluffs the other kick when he had other options. Soligo very good, Keane pretty good, Dawson improved, but our overall disposal / delivery still stinks...get in anyone from the ressies who can hit a target. Keep Nank and Cook in...they at least look the part.

Next week we need to revive the game against Carlton at Princes Park in the thunder storms where Roo kicked three and we won our first of the season after 3 losses if I remember correctly.

Back