Roast Crows Villians

In the history of the Crows, which Crow has hurt us the most?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The villan of the Crows is the Crows culture.

The look out for each other no matter how bad they stuff up because we employ our mates. There is no arms length between management, board or employee and that is a cancer on this club.

Oversees deal and signs off on it where we lose two years draft picks - Not Sacked

Sends a Fax and keeps copy of acknowledging deal - Still at club

10 years of drafting with massive errors- Still at club

Overseas a period with draft sanctions, club turmoil from camp as Chairman - never moved on

I could spend an hour on this but this is our culture, mates, looking after mates no matter how much they * up and employing them in the first place when they had no right to the job.

We can't expect our team to be the best when we don't hold basic business standards to the team off the field.

The look out for each other no matter how bad they stuff up because we employ our mates. There is no arms length between management, board or employee and that is a cancer on this club.

Oversees deal and signs off on it where we lose two years draft picks - Not Sacked

Overseas a period with draft sanctions, club turmoil from camp as Chairman - never moved on

I could spend an hour on this but this is our culture, mates, looking after mates no matter how much they * up and employing them in the first place when they had no right to the job.

We can't expect our team to be the best when we don't hold basic business standards to the team off the field.
This for me - mates looking after mates

And it extends to our dealings with players and assistant coaches

The amount of times ' we searched high and low and * me they were here all the time ' appointment ties into this wrap your arms around them mentality

******* push them out the door

Said it before and I'll continue to say it WE ARE NOT RUTHLESS

Are we that devoid of talent or networking talent we cant pick up a phone and find 3 replacements in a minute?

What the hell is the Fox Footy commentator doing of he isnt ringing people every day asking the question

I guess I'll get the same idiots saying '' nobody wants to come to Adelaide'
Not with that attitude you wont

I caught the end of an interview and I really hope it was Rahilly because they called him James and he said ' yeah I took less money to get the role I wanted - it came down to peace of mind, family and opportunity''

You dont need bags of money - find out what makes them tick

Last edited:

Actually, this makes sense. It extends to senior players too. Once a player has been around 7/8 years they become part of this mates culture too.

For giving his mate Burton such an important job.

I don't blame Roo too much. He saw issues with our club and tried his best to fix them.

The problem is all he knows is nepotism. "His" pub empire is all Peter Hurley's work.

He hired Phil Walsh with no process.

He is not very intelligent . One of my all time favourites as a footballer. But had a non football conversation with him once, not very bright.

But he loves the AFC.

Chapman is the issue there entrusting Roo too much.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

1. Trigg - Tippet-gate could have been avoided & set back the club years.

2. Burton - Birdbrained us with camp run by charlatans turning our premiership window into a spoon.

3. Chapman - for overseeing years of *ups & mediocrity.

I understand the importance of Psychologist in any professional sporting organisation in today's environment. Yet after finishing an article from Sep 2023 , I've had to skull 2 bottles of Mylanta (and I'm still not good).. So my villian is the clubs Psychologist. I know Rosie Stanimirovic only arrived this year, so not sure who Smliey Riley O' has been chatting with. The article has some good examples where they have helped players. Then along come Smiley and he's not alone.

Adelaide ruckman Reilly O'Brien has worked with multiple psychologists, implementing practices like yoga and mindfulness into his weekly routine, while reading and listening to a variety of performance-focused materials.

"There's so much to learn and so much you can implement to help your game and other aspects of your life," O'Brien told AFL.com.au.

Cheers ROB , a bit further on, he really starts opening up -

Like Treacy, O'Brien has encountered mental obstacles like over-thinking and trying to control an outcome before it happens leading into a game.

And here's the heartburn culprit -

Working with psychologists has helped him "create space for uncertainty and just execute your simple actions and let the outcome be the outcome".

While I guess the message is to back yourself in , it is also saying , if it doesn't work out , that's OK , whatever will be will be .. and that's pretty much how we are playing.

There is another more recent article with Josh Rachele on SEN , speaking about Rosie - https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/02...s-to-take-his-game-to-the-next-level-in-2024/

Following the arrival of high performance psychologist Rosanna Stanimirovic, who has previously worked at the AIS and with the GWS Giants, Rachele says he plans to find ways to work through those challenges in 2024.

“We’ve had a new psych come in, her name is Rosie,” he said on SEN Breakfast.

“She’s been working with previous Olympic athletes, and I think she spent some time at GWS. ( helping players in rehab) - https://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/4181/winning-the-mind-games

“That was a big thing for me to go in and see her straight away. She obviously knew my past and how I can get a bit fiery at times.

- Probably clutching at straws , though having somebody actively nullifying "flair' , doesn't sound to helpful to me.

1. Trigg - Tippet-gate could have been avoided & set back the club years.

2. Burton - Birdbrained us with camp run by charlatans turning our premiership window into a spoon.

3. Chapman - for overseeing years of *ups & mediocrity.
Hamish would have stuffed up those picks we lost anyway.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand the importance of Psychologist in any professional sporting organisation in today's environment. Yet after finishing an article from Sep 2023 , I've had to skull 2 bottles of Mylanta (and I'm still not good).. So my villian is the clubs Psychologist. I know Rosie Stanimirovic only arrived this year, so not sure who Smliey Riley O' has been chatting with. The article has some good examples where they have helped players. Then along come Smiley and he's not alone.

Adelaide ruckman Reilly O'Brien has worked with multiple psychologists, implementing practices like yoga and mindfulness into his weekly routine, while reading and listening to a variety of performance-focused materials.

"There's so much to learn and so much you can implement to help your game and other aspects of your life," O'Brien told AFL.com.au.

Cheers ROB , a bit further on, he really starts opening up -

Like Treacy, O'Brien has encountered mental obstacles like over-thinking and trying to control an outcome before it happens leading into a game.

And here's the heartburn culprit -

Working with psychologists has helped him "create space for uncertainty and just execute your simple actions and let the outcome be the outcome".

While I guess the message is to back yourself in , it is also saying , if it doesn't work out , that's OK , whatever will be will be .. and that's pretty much how we are playing.

There is another more recent article with Josh Rachele on SEN , speaking about Rosie - https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/02...s-to-take-his-game-to-the-next-level-in-2024/

Following the arrival of high performance psychologist Rosanna Stanimirovic, who has previously worked at the AIS and with the GWS Giants, Rachele says he plans to find ways to work through those challenges in 2024.

“We’ve had a new psych come in, her name is Rosie,” he said on SEN Breakfast.

“She’s been working with previous Olympic athletes, and I think she spent some time at GWS. ( helping players in rehab) - https://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/4181/winning-the-mind-games

“That was a big thing for me to go in and see her straight away. She obviously knew my past and how I can get a bit fiery at times.

- Probably clutching at straws , though having somebody actively nullifying "flair' , doesn't sound to helpful to me.

Let Rach be as fiery as he ******* wants.

More than happy if he belts someone every now and then or gives a 50 away if it means he is at his explosive, electric best all the time. Just let him loose in the guts like de Goey, Martin etc and see what he can do.

As for ROB. Try just catching the ******* thing every now and then.

I feel like Trigg was the start of really s**t times even though we got to a GF after his time.
the boards behaviour during and just after the Trigg/ Tippet debacle set in the rot.

Trigg should have been immediately dismissed, not doing that has set the standard for the last decade or so

the boards behaviour during and just after the Trigg/ Tippet debacle set in the rot.

Trigg should have been immediately dismissed, not doing that has set the standard for the last decade or so

They're just keen to get good seats and canapes.

Any hard decisions are left to external reviews. Seriously how many other organisations do this?

Whilst a broom needs to go through the club, it should start at the board, I am honestly surprised they don't collectively play the fiddle during matches such is their affect on the club.

Trigg for me. He started the entire rot within the club in his chase for money and corporate sponsorship. He is the reason why we lost so many players. He was the cancer on our coaching and playing group. His affect lasted well past the time he left. Carlton recognised that as soon as he stepped through the door and told him to * off.

The camp debacle is about much more than the actual camp. It's about how awfully we managed the fallout from it.

Which is why I hesitate to name a single villain.

It's also about the reason we had it in the first place. The coaching group laying 100% of the blame on players' mental fragility was never going to end well.

If you watched Port tonight and saw Rozee, Butters and JHF dominating and you don’t have Hamish as a villain you have s**t for brains.
Add Reid to that. Not trading up in the draft to get Rozee is on him, especially as he trained with us, plus the Gibbs debacle and the amount of shitty long-term contracts he's dished out (Milera, Laird, Sloane, R.O.B).

The real question is would we play them instead of our stacked midfield?

I don't think we do

We don't recognize talent or if we do we put them in a queue and their time won't arrive until players ahead of them retire or are injured and with our seniority structure that will be a minimum of 7 years

That's the real reason Rachele signed a 7 year contract - that's when he gets seniority

The real question is would we play them instead of our stacked midfield?

I don't think we do

We don't recognize talent or if we do we put them in a queue and their time won't arrive until players ahead of them retire or are injured and with our seniority structure that will be a minimum of 7 years

That's the real reason Rachele signed a 7 year contract - that's when he gets seniority
Wrong thread?

Back