Dowling 27
Schoenberg 27
Berry 20
Edwards 19
Murphy 19
J. Boyle 19
Taylor 18
Borlase 17

Taylor brilliant. Berry should have dominated this match, but he had zero impact. He is a one-trick pony: run and try to break through everytime you have it, but fail and get caught. He must learn to give off straight away.
Had some very nice clearances in the 2nd quarter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, pretty even 2nd half? Did we put the que in the rack?

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Put it in a little bit, but that allowed them to expose us with some quick ball movement. That's probably partly a symptom of chucking an extra at the ball, it can allow numbers behind to get free and once you bail on one man down the field to take one further up it can create a pretty quick chain of open players.

So, pretty even 2nd half? Did we put the que in the rack?

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, most looked disinterested after the match was over at halftime and just started stat padding/wasting time chipping it around. Also a slight bit of running out of legs off the 5 day break from the younger guys and top ups.

Schoenberg takes the most out of that game looked close to the best I’ve seen him, Taylor next best, was very good for 3 quarters - his moonwalk move in the 3rd quarter was ridiculous. Dowling used it well but more or less stat padded in that 2nd half, didn’t think it was an influential performance from him at all. Fogarty under even more pressure to perform after Gollant and Burgess’ performances as both could easily replace him and probably do a better job on current form.

Good to see Edwards return to form. Much better return this week

Murray took some fine marks but I would like him to launch at the ball with more gusto most times

Taylor another solid game. Want a 30 plus game from him now

Billy much better this week

Harry was our best but he must work on his kick

Boyle great top up

Borlase good at the back

Burgess too good at this level but not sure he can make it at next. Can’t have fog burgo and Tex in same forward like

Ryan not as prominent this week but still a close watch. Has afl quality

Hammil did some good things but I still don’t trust him one on one

Welsh learning the ropes

Strauchnie thought in second half Vincenti beat him.

Gollant on fire first half. Fell out of game second

Bond quiet game again Was better on ball

Murphy only ok but worrying he got in best players looks hindered by knee

Schoenberg won't be far off selection. Has slotted back seamlessly after his achilles.
I have not seen him in the SANFL, and only saw him on the telecast in the rooms for the team song last night. He kinda looked like he spent most of his recovery at Price's Bakery. Was this just an unfortunate angle or is he ready to go in the senior side?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back