• Doedee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schoenberg

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Milera

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There is only 1 team past Grand Junction Rd - Central Districts. I think there is a genuine case for a Gawler or Salisbury based team. You could also argue that with the population increases around Seaford, Aberfoyle Park etc a team could be based around that South Eastern foothills
Tea Tree Gully way.... everytime I drive down the length of North East Road I'm amazed by the amount of people out that way and no SANFL team

Tea Tree Gully way.... everytime I drive down the length of North East Road I'm amazed by the amount of people out that way and no SANFL team

Some huge footy clubs in the area as well, TTG, Golden Grove and Modbury all have big numbers, and the junior kids there all get divided between Centrals, North and Norwood. Would make sense for them all to be at the one club.

Some huge footy clubs in the area as well, TTG, Golden Grove and Modbury all have big numbers, and the junior kids there all get divided between Centrals, North and Norwood. Would make sense for them all to be at the one club.

For someone who lives in TTG having to drive my two girls to Norwood for development squads was a serious pain!

They should look to add Golden Grove as an SANFL team. Big club, lots of juniors.

They have a fair opinion of themselves and look to run the Club like they are a professional organisation, so would fit right in!

Pretty good at dodging the salary cap too, it would seem.

WOW .....that's some drive & commitment .....congratulations to you 👍
It’s 16km.

pun manatee GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well that was an Interesting trade off wasnt it?

A heavy price for Fielding many Port Power listed players in that Port magpies list.

They gave up the country zone which was the Eyre Peninsula.

Gave up their local zones too. Thats why Darren Meads son and the Burgoyne kids didnt play for the magpies, they had to play for Woodville west torrens instead.
They had to give them up once OneClub went through. When the Magpies officially became the Power Reserves.

AFL clubs only involvement with juniors is through the Academies.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Sanfl has got its priorities wrong on this and made too many demands of the AFL clubs reserves teams with the stipulations of being seen to win every game. Which made developing young players in certain positions almost impossible.

I'm not sure the Sanfl is prepared for the player losses. I think that will be a shock. Especially with players in that 20yo to 25yo bracket who are studying and havent yet established families lr careers. They may be very easy to entice on a contract to audition for AFL football. Which lets face it, a reserves league will contain some of the best non afl listed players in the country.
Already happening.

Hately joining Essendon VFL instead of playing in the SANFL.

Even if we don't join the VFL/AFL Reserves the SANFL will start losing more players to the VFL.

It really is the second best comp now.

Already happening.

Hately joining Essendon VFL instead of playing in the SANFL.

Even if we don't join the VFL/AFL Reserves the SANFL will start losing more players to the VFL.

It really is the second best comp now.

This is something the traditionalists dont understand. Rowie with all his huffing and puffing. Most players rarely see out a career in the Sanfl. They end up running off to country and amateur footy where the pay and expectations are better. The creation of an AFL reserves team will only see more players walk away from the Sanfl.

This is something the traditionalists dont understand. Rowie with all his huffing and puffing. Most players rarely see out a career in the Sanfl. They end up running off to country and amateur footy where the pay and expectations are better. The creation of an AFL reserves team will only see more players walk away from the Sanfl.
My nephew getting paid a shitload in country footy next year. Rather than hang around and work like a dog for South's reserves with the odd occasional call up to the firsts.

Back