2nds 2016 Adelaide Crows SANFL season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thommo will get another year, and unfortunately unless CEY makes another Jump 2017 will be his last.
As Greenwood, Gore, Wigg, Crouch x 2 Milera, Lyons would have jumped him.
Inside knowledge here or your thinking?

Yes with the game having less clearances .......CEY does run the risk of other passing him ....AFL doesn't stand still and you have to grab opportunities when they're there

High hopes Greenwood ......he really looks the goods after what just 6-7 games after a long hiatus

Wigg we don't know .....but Milera looks like he'll fill-out to be a nice midfielder,, good height and speed ....his agility is exactly what our midfield needs

What specifically isn't CEY doing defensively ?
In the SANFL he should be running at 60% effective Kicks, His kicking when defending is slow, not the kick thru the air but the time it take to kick. He predictable, Constantly stands on the wrong side, Goes to ground and does not seem to want to get to the next passage.
To me and I hate to say this so I will be polite, Great football talent, Great AFL football body, give him Giggs football brain and he better than Fyfe if you get my meaning.

Inside knowledge here or your thinking?

Yes with the game having less clearances .......CEY does run the risk of other passing him ....AFL doesn't stand still and you have to grab opportunities when they're there

High hopes Greenwood ......he really looks the goods after what just 6-7 games after a long hiatus

Wigg we don't know .....but Milera looks like he'll fill-out to be a nice midfielder,, good height and speed ....his agility is exactly what our midfield needs
not inside knowledge, Just love watching Football,
But yes Greenwood has the ability to be Elite, He reads the play well, has Burton type explosive marks but better on the ground, Almost a mixture of Burton, Goodwin and Sloane. Watching him play you can see he better than SANFL .

not inside knowledge, Just love watching Football,
But yes Greenwood has the ability to be Elite, He reads the play well, has Burton type explosive marks but better on the ground, Almost a mixture of Burton, Goodwin and Sloane. Watching him play you can see he better than SANFL .
Do you think they'll play Greenwood in the SANFL all year as a grounding or maybe upgrade him in the 2nd half of the season ......he COULD be the missing link in our midfield along with Menzel / Milera

Do you think they'll play Greenwood in the SANFL all year as a grounding or maybe upgrade him in the 2nd half of the season ......he COULD be the missing link in our midfield along with Menzel / Milera
Only my opinion, But play him SANFL more time in the mids, And he will demand a spot, not thru stats which can be misleading without the correct context, but with his game pressure and ability to lift ie take it to the next level when required. He one of those player that will pick himself, we haven't seen to many in the SANFL and some will be surprised at the difference between picking yourself and being the so called best player.

Cey signed till end of next year, so yeah will be interesting. When does campo come out of contract, that will be even more interesting. The coach of one way footy Imo. Just like he played.

Is our AFL team selection panel Pyke and all of the assistants, or just some of the assistants? I wonder how many reserves games they get out to and watch live? Or do they rely more on feedback from the SANFL coaches and video?

I can not understand why our SANFL side are not creaming the opposition sides. We had 16 AFL listed players yesterday and we were playing one of the middle of the table sides but it was 16 shots at goal to 24. We may have been flattered by the result. Is there a disconnect somewhere g players not up to scratch or are the coaching group at this level up to it.

I can not understand why our SANFL side are not creaming the opposition sides. We had 16 AFL listed players yesterday and we were playing one of the middle of the table sides but it was 16 shots at goal to 24. We may have been flattered by the result. Is there a disconnect somewhere g players not up to scratch or are the coaching group at this level up to it.
Some of said 16 aren't AFL standard though, and the top ups are generally not SANFL standard. We can't win every game, nor would the SANFL want us to.

Just because you have 16 AFL listed players on the field doesn't mean you just win...
How many SANFL teams play three 200cm+ ruckmen??

For those interested the Port vs South game is being live streamed on the SANFL site.
If someone could please post the top five Butcher Lols after the game that would be great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thommo will get another year, and unfortunately unless CEY makes another Jump 2017 will be his last.
As Greenwood, Gore, Wigg, Crouch x 2 Milera, Lyons would have jumped him.
Thommo won't get another year. He only got a 1 year deal once the club found out that Dangerfield is going and he was our stop gap measure.

I highly doubt he would be on our list this year if Dangerfield stayed.

Thommo won't get another year. He only got a 1 year deal once the club found out that Dangerfield is going and he was our stop gap measure.

I highly doubt he would be on our list this year if Dangerfield stayed.

Fact Thommo was always going to get a 1 year contract for 2016 not matter what happen with Dangerfield, In fact he had the contract if front of him before Danger notified the Club of his intentions. Definatly not a stop gap measure.
And you will find after the AFLPA negotiations are finished and Brad and JJ have signed, then a 1 year deal will be announced for Thommo, It will be his choice if he sign or not.

Fact Thommo was always going to get a 1 year contract for 2016 not matter what happen with Dangerfield, In fact he had the contract if front of him before Danger notified the Club of his intentions. Definatly not a stop gap measure.
And you will find after the AFLPA negotiations are finished and Brad and JJ have signed, then a 1 year deal will be announced for Thommo, It will be his choice if he sign or not.
I think your memory is failing you a bit here.

Thommo signed just before the finals and for weeks in the lead up whenever he was asked about it he said its up to the club and he is hoping he gets an offer.

As soon as Dangerfield informed the club a whole flurry of re-signing took place including Thommo's.

I very much doubt he goes on again next year unless he has a cracking remainder of the season and both parties decide that they go another year.

I think your memory is failing you a bit here.

Thommo signed just before the finals and for weeks in the lead up whenever he was asked about it he said its up to the club and he is hoping he gets an offer.

As soon as Dangerfield informed the club a whole flurry of re-signing took place including Thommo's.

I very much doubt he goes on again next year unless he has a cracking remainder of the season and both parties decide that they go another year.
Thommo had the contract in front of him before Danger inform the club he was leaving,

No way we have already decided to offer him a contract. Not a chance.

No way we have already decided to offer him a contract. Not a chance.
Yes correct They have not decided, I am looking ahead just like most here, Thommo will prove he worth a 1 year extension, And there wont be to many new signing until after the AFLPA agreement, By then the Crows will know which uncontracted players are most likely both for delisting and for trading, and what the Draft has to Offer, At this time it looks like 4-5 delistings. Thommo would not be one of them.
Have a close look. The Crows are not at this time going to get a A grade plus inside mid in the trade. Most likely get one in the draft. They will need Thommo for 15 games next year. Or at least until 4-5 mids pass him in ability. Do we have 4-5 mids better than him.

No. We have a good forward line, focus will need to be defence first and then midfield for next season.
I don't disagree with that when we've currently got VB, Hendo, and Cheney running around as defenders, but it's hard to accurately judge them when our midfield are so unaccountable and lacking in defensive efforts. We need to fix the midfield desperately if we want to push for a premiership.

No. We have a good forward line, focus will need to be defence first and then midfield for next season.
May be better placed defensibly without using a high Pick, We will know in 10 weeks just how good Keath at 196 is. Ottens is also playing well getting close to his best form, Unsure of his speed if he get a run in the middle. But he has a football brain, Bit of a worry about Shaw, Hope he back soon could be the difference along with Otten and Keath in how many Mids we get in the trade/draft.

I don't disagree with that when we've currently got VB, Hendo, and Cheney running around as defenders, but it's hard to accurately judge them when our midfield are so unaccountable and lacking in defensive efforts. We need to fix the midfield desperately if we want to push for a premiership.

Agree. The ball is turning around through midfield way too easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back