2nds 2016 Adelaide Crows SANFL season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So does this mean that Wigg goes 3 weeks without a gane of footy? Beyond a joke.
Would be very frustrating, but I guess someone had to do it. I'd rather Wigg than Brouch or CEY. At least Wigg gets the experience of traveling with the team, and hopefully gains confidence from knowing he's on the cusp of selection.

Would be very frustrating, but I guess someone had to do it. I'd rather Wigg than Brouch or CEY. At least Wigg gets the experience of traveling with the team, and hopefully gains confidence from knowing he's on the cusp of selection.
Wigg Should have played AFL today and VB been the emergency, its not like VB got in the seniors via dominating the SANFL.

Matt Crouch would've been a good traveling emergency today. Not planning to play him, but he's not really injured. If needed, he could've played limited game time. Wouldn't have hurt us to have one spending a bit of extra time on the bench.
That's true, and wouldn't have been the worst option, though I guess it could potentially send him/fans mixed messages about whether he was dropped or actually rested.

Wigg Should have played AFL today and VB been the emergency, its not like VB got in the seniors via dominating the SANFL.
In a perfect world that would be the case. Maybe the coaching staff only see Wigg as a mid now?

Greenwood continues on with his promising form to date. Could he be the big bodied, marking midfielder that Wayne's-World is dreaming of?!

Hugh Greenwood: 18 disposals, seven clearances, four marks, four tackles, four inside 50ms, one rebound 50m
I only stat watched today... Looked like he stopped dead in his tracks in the second half. Did he get injured or something?

Hopefully Grigg and CEY get a chance at another AFL club, one who rewards form in the seconds.

Gore is looking like an Aidan Riley clone. 15 touches a game is not good enough for a mid.

Meanwhile Wigg has not played a game in two weeks and won't play next week either.

Seriously, why do we even bother with an SANFL side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Grigg and CEY get a chance at another AFL club, one who rewards form in the seconds.

Gore is looking like an Aidan Riley clone. 15 touches a game is not good enough for a mid.

Meanwhile Wigg has not played a game in two weeks and won't play next week either.

Gore has a bit more polish than Aiden did.

Someone has to answer for the development of CEY he was so promising at AFL level last year - great SANFL form yet we still dont know enough about him.

Someone has to answer for the development of CEY he was so promising at AFL level last year - great SANFL form yet we still dont know enough about him.

We don't reward SANFL form. Because if we did, CEY would be playing AFL and Van Berlo would still be in the SANFL

That someone could be himself? Sometimes players need to stick their hand up, play well, do the right things and it will all come together. Doesn't he still smoke? ( i heard this a while ago and not sure if it's still true)

That someone could be himself? Sometimes players need to stick their hand up, play well, do the right things and it will all come together. Doesn't he still smoke? ( i heard this a while ago and not sure if it's still true)
CEY performed when he got a shot and has been our best player all year in the SANFL what more would you like him to do?

Sounds like he needed to take Campo out for a red wine or 2.

CEY performed when he got a shot and has been our best player all year in the SANFL what more would you like him to do?

Sounds like he needed to take Campo out for a red wine or 2.

I agree he was great last year when he got his shot. he's also the type of mid we NEED right now in our team... so why hasn't he been picked? I'm not sure, but could there be more to it (Like the smoking thing? if still true)

We don't reward SANFL form. Because if we did, CEY would be playing AFL and Van Berlo would still be in the SANFL

What's your evidence of that? DT points?

There is no incentive for the coaching panel to okay someone who is less likely to make us win, despite what some of the spuds in this board might suggest.

If they named someone before CEY, it may be because they actually play better in a team structure.

I agree he was great last year when he got his shot. he's also the type of mid we NEED right now in our team... so why hasn't he been picked? I'm not sure, but could there be more to it (Like the smoking thing? if still true)

No, couldn't possibly be more to it. If there was, folks on this forum would have already pointed it out.

On any list we have depth players and developing players ......Gore is a 2nd year player still developing, you've seen very little of him "live" , yet your looking at a stats sheets and making a player assessment .......well done :rolleyes:

Grigg and CEY are playing SANFL, and probably well, but in the selectors eyes not doing the things to get an AFL gig

Everyone's judging these players as individuals purely .....and forgetting team structures and in this case midfield mix .......just how many slow players do you want in our midfield, or don't you care ?

Someone has to answer for the development of CEY
he was so promising at AFL level last year - great SANFL form yet we still dont know enough about him.
Yes ....CEY himself

"if it's to be ....it's up to me"

He has done enough to get a shot. Brodie Martin/Jarryd Lyons all over again.
I'm a CEY fan .......but has he? .....the negative on him is his defensive action & i wouldn't say that's an existing strength of our current midfield ?

Besides Lyons deserves first shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back