Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only weight of numbers of draft picks that has them a good list, their drafting has been really overrated. Along with their 2014 shocker, 2012 Whitfield, O'Rourke, Plowman,Jacksh, Corr all in first round, shocking.

Is it possible that they were a positive influence on our list rather than a negative one? They just weeded out all the spuds for us.

What's the rush? No one else wants him, we've committed to him, he wants to come to us. It'll get done. Obviously just seeing what else is out there with the picks we currently have.
Exactly. And the more pies trade increasing salary cap pressure, they will be forced to trade cloke otherwise will breach the cap. That way we'll get him for free.

Surely they wouldn't. He hasnt set the world on fire as captain, but he is a quality player. It would be madness on their behalf. Their top 5 players are pretty bloody handy.

Just their complete lack of depth that is the problem.

Exactly. And the more pies trade increasing salary cap pressure, they will be forced to trade cloke otherwise will breach the cap. That way we'll get him for free.
Wasn't the talk before draft that we wanted O'Rourke and Stringer? then O'Rourke firmed as a top three pick and Macrae came into play for us? Thank you GWS!

Yeah. Hence i said doubt it lol.

They have thrown his name up prior to trade week so who knows. Like it's been mentioned. No 1 saw Mitchell and Lewis leaving.
Guess so

Wonder how Lewis leaving Hawthorn would be like

Lewis's manager "Hey Jordie, heard Vickery is joining you guys"

JL " Please tell me we ain't paying that spud 500k a year, I'm 10 times the player he is, I've taken paycuts for years staying loyal for peanuts and they're bringing in this spud on way more than what I'm on"

LM "Heard Melbourne are looking for another hard body, they will pay you more than that spud Vickery also"

JL "Just get me there"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Severe No thanks to Cotchin.

In our midfield he would be ****ing unstoppable. Severe yes without hesitation.

His weaknesses are exposed in that Richmond side. In ours his strengths would be exposed, and would make us a force of unbridled brutality.

In our midfield he would be ******* unstoppable. Severe yes without hesitation.
He'll play more accumulator / outside for us and he'd dominate.
Other accumulators (Macrae and Hunter) would then slip one peg down the order in opposition team planning. They'd be getting 60+ posies every game between them if Cotchin came to us.
Really don't know how we'd possible satisfy Richmond in a trade though.

Starting to suspect that we'll get Cloke, a few picks for fringe mids traded out, and not much else this trade period.

101 goals from 173 games.

He can hit the scoreboard. Seen plenty of 2 -3 goal games from him.

Let's keep in mind how often he had to spend nearly all game in the guts due to richmonds depth issues. They certainly don't have ten blokes who roll through the middle like we do.

If Bev was keen on him I'd support it but I'd think it would be impossible to get him. Think he gets unfairly criticised and probably isn't a captain but has been forced into that role.

Cotchin wouldn't even be a consideration for a tag at the dogs.

Not happening and never was IMO

I never said it was Rance someone else did.

Our cue is in the rack already going to these aft AGAIN what a disappointment but oh well

This maybe the case and that is not necessarily bad as our recruiting team may just want more picks in this draft and the coaches are backing our depth for 2017.

The amount and type of player missing from the Grand Final 22 would be the envy of most clubs

You don't make trades for the sake of it.

The only way Cotchin would come is if it were his decision and he had no problem with tearing them apart.

It would genuinely be levels of destruction higher than Griffen. Think it would be shockingly poor form by us to do it. And that's why we wouldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back