Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (8) released 21/5

Season (1) :
• Noah Long (Knee)

Long Term (1) :
• R15+ Elijah Hewett (Foot) - Post Bye (No change)

Medium Term (2) :
• R15-16 Rhett Bazzo (Groin) - 4-5 weeks (No change)
• R14 Oscar Allen (Knee) - 3 weeks (Was 3-4 weeks)

Short Term (3) :
• R12-13 Jack Petruccelle (Ankle) - 1-2 weeks (Was 1-3 weeks)
• R12-13 Harry Barnett (Shin) - 1-2 weeks (No change)
• R12 Cal Jamieson (Hamstring) - 1 week (Was 2-3 weeks)

Test (1) :
Elliot Yeo (Groin) - Test (No change)

Jeremy McGovern, Clay Hall and Matt Flynn have been taken off the injury list after recovering from their respective injuries. Flynn will play his first game in Eagles colours through the WAFL this weekend.

Injury list doesn’t include Tyler Brockman who will be available for the WAFL side but won’t be considered for senior selection until after the bye following a late night car accident in Geraldton

Last edited:

I recall Lonergan lost a kidney once from a big hit to the flank.

Lets hope in Gov's case its something minor.
Take as long as you need Gov.

I have been told that Gov is pissing blood, hence why he is off to hospital. Unsure what that means as I am no medico, but hopefully all good.
Anything from a kidney laceration to an internal bleed from another organ. Depends how much blood. If it’s Frank and not slight boys gonna be off for a bit potentially….. 🥲

McGovern has a history with rib injuries and I think has some metal in there after the knee to the ribs he got from Cameron in 2022

Doubt he’ll be back before the bye. Potentially longer

By next week, we would have played 6 of the top 8 and 9 of the top 11. Only one in bottom 7, Richmond, who we beat.

It has been a brutal draw. I'm sure we'll bank a few wins once we get into the bottom teams.
Fingers crossed.

We'll win against the saints, norf and whorks at home, definetly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly thought it was govs shoulder that was injured when he landed on that out stretched arm. Classic way to tear the labrum / dislocate. Man lots our boys gonna be in pain when they’re older and retired.

Simpson was asked at the end of his presser about a timeline for Long

Said that it was still unclear but said that he’d be out for most of the year, if not all and that they’d have something on him this week

I'm being pessimistic like ep2018 but if Gov has a lacerated Kidney then he could be out for the season since Dusty was ruled out for the season with a lacerated Kidney.

Hopefully we don't rush players in so I would leave Yeo out for the week and make sure that Allen, Flynn and Hewitt plus Gov and Petch if out for a long time so they can get touch and match fitness. No point playing them when the club still needs to bottom out for draft picks in the long term future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back