Autopsy Round 7 vs Collingwood @ MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually Sandy , Charlie went at #42, but that's neither here nor there really.....but I agree wholeheartedly 100% with what you're saying.

And we drop Markov today, at the G, which would suit him, and bring in McPherson, as a def forward, who got 6 touches and only laid 2 tackles and we only played him for 2/3 of the game. WTF!

Also Markov wasn't listed as injured, but didn't play VFL, what's the go there?............

My patience is wearing thin.......

Actually Sandy , Charlie went at #42, but that's neither here nor there really.....but I agree wholeheartedly 100% with what you're saying.

And we drop Markov today, at the G, which would suit him, and bring in McPherson, as a def forward, who got 6 touches and only laid 2 tackles and we only played him for 2/3 of the game. WTF!

Also Markov wasn't listed as injured, but didn't play VFL, what's the go there?............

My patience is wearing thin.......

Oleg has Belarusian heritage. I’d say he’s probably going through a tough time. He more than likely has family caught up in the conflict.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It seems the few times I have time to write a report its a repeat.
Competitive , tried hard, too many basic mistakes etc etc.
The honest truth we are simply not good enough to beat most teams.
The whole club needs to take responsibility for this precarious position.
FIRSTLY THE PLAYERS:
Yesterday we had 6 players Miller Anderson Ainsworth Casboult Rowell and Witts who performed somewhere
near their best.
Ellis Chol and Lemmens made useful contributions.
The rest gave us nothing (apologies to Collins who has been terrific before this game)
That is far and away too many passengers to win games of football.
LIST MANAGERS
Over the years we have had a truck load of first round picks ,how many are playing to warrant that pick?
Ainsworth Rowell and Anderson ? The rest failures or playing at other clubs.
COACHES
It annoys me to watch ex SUNS players playing good football at other clubs
Lyons Brodie Wright AhChee all who couldnt get regular games with us.
We drafted Rankin and Lukosius with picks 2 and 3 , are they playing to this potential the answer is simple
not even close.Is it the players fault or coaches or a bit of both i dont know.
Both now would be lucky to demand a second round draft pick.
Both need to show qualities that made them early draft picks.

The bottom line is we are once again heading for a bottom four finish which is bitterly disappointing.
The club has too make a decision on a number of players going forward.
We cant persist with Fiorini Swallow Holman and MacPherson all plodders in the same team.
The sad part is we are playing patches of good football but then follow up with poor turnovers and too many basic mistakes.
I will continue to support the SUNS but we need to see light at the endof a long tunnel.
Enjoy your Monday holiday.

It was a fairly good game. The suns had their chances no doubt. Although when they conceded 7 goals in the first quarter, they couldn't seem to relieve that pressure and that's prob where the game was won and lost.
It's not easy able to stop momentum at times.

Although the players had a hand in this..

As much as love my boy Ginni, no way should 3 defenders left him weave in and out to kick a goal.

Levi kept them in it for sure and he could have even won it from his own boot given the ones he missed were very gettable, but can't blame him, as there should have been more contributors than there was.

Miller was outstanding, as he usually is. There just needs to be more players that follow him. While I don't think they played that badly, there is plenty room for improvement and need to get hungrier and make that consistent.

I’ll say it again, Dew can’t coach.

So far this year he has been out coached by a St Kilda stand in coach in his first ever game and a first year coach at a rebuilding Collingwood.

We have seen junior star talents in Rankine, Luko, 2MP, Brodie, Anderson, Rowell all stagnant in their development. We see rubbish footballers like MacPherson constantly get opportunities and shit recruitment like Atkins signed to multi year deals.

I will give him his first 2 years over cleaning out the list and implementing a plan but we are as bad as we have ever been 5 years into his reign, He has to go
I don't agree Anderson has stagnated.
Literally voted the best young player in the league last year and has improved significantly again this year.
Over his first 3 years, he has had improving stats each year on literally every level.

Kicks
Handballs
Possessions
Tackles
Clearances
Centre Clearances
Contested Possessions
Uncontested possessions
1%'ers
Score involvements
Metres gained
Bounces
Time on ground.

Way too early to say anything about Rowell
Luko not had the chance to play a consistent position - our choice - but I'm still confident he will be a good player in his forward role.
Rankine.. jury is out.

2MP, Brodie - yes agree.
Macpherson - agree
Atkins - agree
Dew - starting to agree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back