News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or are they attributing everything to harley and giving very little credit to all the hard work and efforts from the rest of the team?

Don't get me wrong. Harley has made a huge impact, but they aren't crediting the team collectively at all.
There no need to get pissed. The collective inside four walls know the contribution of team. Also Yeo won the medal

The seniors don't care about praise. They care about the youth coming through hence would more then happy to go unrewarded by media.

It's like parent doing all the work for the kid project and getting no praise but kid getting praise.

Is it just me or are they attributing everything to harley and giving very little credit to all the hard work and efforts from the rest of the team?

Don't get me wrong. Harley has made a huge impact, but they aren't crediting the team collectively at all.
I had these exact thoughts watching 360/On The Couch this afternoon. No doubt Harley has had a positive impact on the group and the club, but to say it’s all down to him is just untrue.

There no need to get pissed. The collective inside four walls know the contribution of team. Also Yeo won the medal

The seniors don't care about praise. They care about the youth coming through hence would more then happy to go unrewarded by media.

It's like parent doing all the work for the kid project and getting no praise but kid getting praise.

I hear ya, it's even worse when you do your kid's school projects and they get a D.

Its more how the other young players feel. If they feel like they're never being noticed they may look at going somewhere else.

It probably depends on Reid himself too. We dont want a Fyfe situation where he feels like he is above everyone else.

Its more how the other young players feel. If they feel like they're never being noticed they may look at going somewhere else.

It probably depends on Reid himself too. We dont want a Fyfe situation where he feels like he is above everyone else.

I reckon I've seen him give more encouragement and smiles to his teammates than Fyfe has done in his entire career.

I reckon I've seen him give more encouragement and smiles to his teammates than Fyfe has done in his entire career.
I actually think Harley is very good at praising/rewarding teammates, he seems genuinely stoked for their success. Simmo to his credit has been great at acknowledging Harley’s impact/performances before quickly pivoting to the squad ethos, particularly with the young guys. Fyfe looks after Fyfe, until he gets pushed over by Harley.

Can't forget how hard some of these media types went at our older stars in recent seasons. Fair bit of humble pie to be eaten to admit they maybe weren't all phoning it in and perhaps some of the lacklustre performances were due to playing underdone in the midst of the worst two-year rolling injury crisis in AFL history.

Way easier and click generating to hype the new guy and suggest he is dragging the old players back to relevancy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love someone to hold these guys accountable. Talk too much s**t, one week its doom and gloom. The last three weeks its been "showtime" eagles.

Considering they are now piling on Norf because there is no snr leadership in the team, and loving eagles saying all the snr players are in career best form.

Just ask the simple the question were they not for the Eagles to go down the Norf path and trade players like Yeo, Kelly, Barrass and Mcgovern. And are the Eagles not better for it keeping them around?

hasnt this always been the case with 'star' players though?

David Zaharakis was interesting to listen to on the Podcast with Jay Clark yesterday. Talking about how North will find it hard to retain players and mentioned you need to sell them hope.

He went on to say that he received a significant offer from WCE at the end of 2017 but opted to stay at Essendon because they'd come out of the drugs saga and club had promised them the world, in regards to selling them hope.

Said he was majorly pissed off the next year when WCE won the flag and he could've played with Shuey, lol.

Last edited:
David Zaharakis was interesting to listen to on the Podcast with Jay Clark yesterday. Talking about how North will find it hard to retain players and mentioned you need to sell them hope.

He went on to say that he received a significant offer from WCE at the end of 2017 but opted to stay at Essendon because they'd come out of the drugs saga and club had promised them the world, in regards to selling them hope.

Said he was majorly pissed off the next year when WCE won the spoon and he could've played with Shuey, lol.

I knew things were bad, but they haven't stripped us of our flag have they?

Said he was majorly pissed off the next year when WCE won the spoon and he could've played with Shuey, lol.

Won the cup, you mean. yes, I listened to that -was close to going over to play with his best mate, Shuey. shame he didn't.
I have listened to Zaharakis a few times now, and I like his comments on the game. Very likable guy. Surprisingly, so is Redman.

I knew things were bad, but they haven't stripped us of our flag have they?

Won the cup, you mean. yes, I listened to that -was close to going over to play with his best mate, Shuey. shame he didn't.
I have listened to Zaharakis a few times now, and I like his comments on the game. Very likable guy. Surprisingly, so is Redman.
Whoops. Must've been looking at the ladder upsidedown...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back