Toast Gresham AND Carlisle for pick #6 and #29 (after Academy & F/S)

Remove this Banner Ad

We also gave up our 2nd rounder, which Ess used to get Alex Morgan. But ATM Gresh alone has shown more than Francis & Morgan & we've got big Jake to return next year. Still, it's a trade that's best looked back on with a bit more time passed.

Agree it will only get better!

We also gave up our 2nd rounder, which Ess used to get Alex Morgan. But ATM Gresh alone has shown more than Francis & Morgan & we've got big Jake to return next year. Still, it's a trade that's best looked back on with a bit more time passed.
Agree it will only get better!
Incorrect.

Essendon well and truly bent us over and we came out of it as the laughing stock of the AFL. And Bains and Trout need to go.

This I know as fact from the media and the footy forums

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That goal was out of this world, notice he was at the contest on the edge of square and his opponent, Ruggles, got sucked into the contest - so Gresh took off THEN had the composure to do that!

But I think Mavs goal - or the lead up play to that goal was probably just as good at a time when we needed a miracle.

On the boundary, he literally made Danger look like a second rate footballer then hit up Mav with a kick that only the elite can pull off - but what makes it more incredible - Jack Steven was in that play as well and I think he may have also bought some candy off the little fella!! :D

I remember someone, maybe Trout, saying they usually predict that the last year of 18s is a pretty good indicator of a kids ceiling at AFL. If Gresh can do those sorts of things combined with the 30odd touches he averaged last year - well we've got ourselves a little superstar!

As for Jake, I can't wait until he is playing - he is probably our most important player going forward considering Hugh won't hit top form straight away coming back from an achilles next year (and this year didn't come on as quick as we hoped - understandable for a KPP kid).

The trade had murky beginnings, but no doubt we have ourselves a win!

I reckon if we cant say we gave up pick 5 for Carlisle we cant say we got Gresham and Carlisle for pick 5. Looks like a great trade but it wasn't just pick 5.

Honestly wonder who you support some times, that is just dribble

Only watched the first qtr and first couple of minutes of the second but Gresham is playing an absolute blinder so far. Been amazing. Looks like a real player choir pick up. And only half as season until we get to see Carlisle in this team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly wonder who you support some times, that is just dribble

What a rubbish post. I was just pointing out it wasn't just pick 5. And I support the saints and have for 50 years. I have also helped the club out for 15 years. Without having a clue who you are I doubt you have ever helped out the club apart from maybe a membership. Please don't question my support of the club. Fool.

I reckon if we cant say we gave up pick 5 for Carlisle we cant say we got Gresham and Carlisle for pick 5. Looks like a great trade but it wasn't just pick 5.
Who is saying we didn't give up pick five for Carlisle? Your post confused me.

Who is saying we didn't give up pick five for Carlisle? Your post confused me.

I was saying people get upset when someone in the media suggests we gave up pick 5 for Carlisle because we didn't. We got something else as well. we got 14 for about 24. We actually got Carlisle and Gresham for pick 5 and 24.

What a rubbish post. I was just pointing out it wasn't just pick 5. And I support the saints and have for 50 years. I have also helped the club out for 15 years. Without having a clue who you are I doubt you have ever helped out the club apart from maybe a membership. Please don't question my support of the club. Fool.

No one will report anything other than we gave away pick 5

no need to get so defensive,

I was saying people get upset when someone in the media suggests we gave up pick 5 for Carlisle because we didn't. We got something else as well. we got 14 for about 24. We actually got Carlisle and Gresham for pick 5 and 24.
Oh

David King would rather we chose Parish, Purple demanded we give up pick 5 with nothing back.
These idiots get paid for their insight FFS.

Richo told supporters at the seasons launch when asked told them they would fall in love with Jade Gresham. He said he and the coaches were super impressed with his preseason.
Brett Anderson on draft night on SEN said he thought Gresham was the second best mid in the whole draft behind Hopper, not Parish.

Grwsham is a pure footballer, yes he is not built like Cripps and isnt tall, but can the kid play football.

Some spuds like King and Barret and Ralph on twitter need to wipe the egg of their faces. Have made fools of themselves.

David King would rather we chose Parish, Purple demanded we give up pick 5 with nothing back.
These idiots get paid for their insight FFS.

Richo told supporters at the seasons launch when asked told them they would fall in love with Jade Gresham. He said he and the coaches were super impressed with his preseason.
Brett Anderson on draft night on SEN said he thought Gresham was the second best mid in the whole draft behind Hopper, not Parish.

Grwsham is a pure footballer, yes he is not built like Cripps and isnt tall, but can the kid play football.

Some spuds like King and Barret and Ralph on twitter need to wipe the egg of their faces. Have made fools of themselves.
1st thing everyone must remember in this trade
Our pick slid to #6 (Francis) and not bloody Darcy Parish who was essendons original pick
Not that we would have taken Francis anyway
Reckon we would have looked at Curnow, Milera. Bidded on Hopper
Probably taken Gresham anyway

Our pick slid to #6 (Francis) and not bloody Darcy Parish who was essendons original pick

Looking back at the draft, we needed a mid badly therefore if we kept 5 (into 6) for me it would have been between Milera, Gresh or Tucker. I reckon Tucker is one player in particular clubs will be rueing they let slip to pick 20 odd.

Looking back at the draft, we needed a mid badly therefore if we kept 5 (into 6) for me it would have been between Milera, Gresh or Tucker. I reckon Tucker is one player in particular clubs will be rueing they let slip to pick 20 odd.
I know we would have had a fair look at him as well as Balic who I was hoping for on draft night.
Tucker wasn't able to make it in the midfield so I'm not sure how good hell be at afl level but is all class

I know we would have had a fair look at him as well as Balic who I was hoping for on draft night.
Tucker wasn't able to make it in the midfield so I'm not sure how good hell be at afl level but is all class

Tucker's a flanker/winger so I classify him as a mid. He's certainly not a lock-down small back pocket, never was. Perhaps Ross will eat his soul & make him just that, he has form. Ross that is.

Tucker could start his career like Newnes & end up as a nice outside mid. I liken him to a Johnanson type that will cut teams to pieces in a few years.

Very happy with Gresh. His size worried me but he's got the smarts & footy IQ. Clean up his kicking & he'll be a ripper.

I know we had pick 6 and Parish was gone by then, it was illustrate the ignorance of so called experts.

Preserving Saint saw our list on Matt Finnis' phone and we had Gresh at pick 7. As we were after a mid as priority and Hopper and Parish were gone so it stands to reason we may have chosen Gresh @ 6.
So taken to its logical conclusion, we got Carlisle for a second rounder.

Not bad as it turned out.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back