EDFL Juniors

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is EDFL senior fees the equivalent to junior fees yet junior parents are required to complete numerous tasks (umpiring, canteen, trainer, team manager, etc) yet seniors have zero responsibility for the same (if not less in fees).
Why does a dog lick its own balls?

Back on Turbos fave subject...I can't figure out if they just throw names in a barrel for grading.

U16s div 5 have rupo2 in there. Rupo2 results in grading
R1- beat roxy 2 by 100 points
R2 - beat marby 3 by 7 points (marby 3 graded into div 5)
R3- bye
R4 - lost to Moonee Valley 2 by 5 points

Roxy 2 go into div 5... with Rupo2 who beat them by 100 points, Craigieburn 2 who beat them by 100 points in grading and Marby 3 who beat them in the weekend by... you guessed it..100 points. Rupo 2 should never have been put into div 5 having lost 1 game so far this year.

Can't figure it out

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back on Turbos fave subject...I can't figure out if they just throw names in a barrel for grading.

U16s div 5 have rupo2 in there. Rupo2 results in grading
R1- beat roxy 2 by 100 points
R2 - beat marby 3 by 7 points (marby 3 graded into div 5)
R3- bye
R4 - lost to Moonee Valley 2 by 5 points

Roxy 2 go into div 5... with Rupo2 who beat them by 100 points, Craigieburn 2 who beat them by 100 points in grading and Marby 3 who beat them in the weekend by... you guessed it..100 points. Rupo 2 should never have been put into div 5 having lost 1 game so far this year.

Can't figure it out

Yes some decisions are bemusing but without reviewing all this info I do agree that if Marby have a 3rd side and they have young kids I don’t see a problem with them playing div5 as long as they go about it the right way. Ultimately they have done well to get a third team up but understand your point.

Rupo2 should be higher based on your statement. They seem to play the game that a few others do 😫😜😜

How can u/14 div 1 only have 5 teams. What a joke! Playing each other 3 times & many byes. Surely MV, P/Vale & EDS toughen up and play Div 1. Big junior clubs. Plenty of teams getting thrashed in other divisions. Time for these clubs to step up & tell these kids sometimes you lose, rather then taking the easy Div 2 road.

Last edited:
How can u/14 div 1 only have 5 teams. What a joke! Playing each other 3 times & many byes. Surely MV, P/Vale & EDS toughen up and play Div 1. Big junior clubs. Plenty of teams getting thrashed in other divisions. Time for these clubs to step up & tell these kids sometimes you lose, rather then taking the easy Div 2 road.
The clubs don't make the decision, the EDFL do.

If the clubs made the decision, EDS U16's would not be playing in Div 1, where they are losing by 100 points each week.

The clubs don't make the decision, the EDFL do.

If the clubs made the decision, EDS U16's would not be playing in Div 1, where they are losing by 100 points each week.
Umm actually think Douttas 16s go alright and are in the correct division as they would probably dominate div2, so they are in the middle. I see Greenvale has dropped to div2 and ultimately are also a div1 team.
It might come a time when ultimately they say premier clubs play div1, div1 clubs play div2, div2 clubs play div3. And everyone just sucks it up. Could make clubs invest more into their junior programs.

On another note what’s happened to Douttas juniors as they were a pretty strong club a few years back. Are some of there talent getting raided by neighbouring clubs??

Yes I totally agree with regards to Pacco and Douttas being premier powerful clubs but not sure on MV. However MV junior program is pretty good which is a great effort in an older area. Good junior club MV.

Umm actually think Douttas 16s go alright and are in the correct division as they would probably dominate div2, so they are in the middle. I see Greenvale has dropped to div2 and ultimately are also a div1 team.
It might come a time when ultimately they say premier clubs play div1, div1 clubs play div2, div2 clubs play div3. And everyone just sucks it up. Could make clubs invest more into their junior programs.

On another note what’s happened to Douttas juniors as they were a pretty strong club a few years back. Are some of there talent getting raided by neighbouring clubs??
Are you fair dinkum. EDS lost to the 2nd bottom team by 100 points. How could you possibly think they are in the correct division.

Junior divisions should have nothing to do with a clubs senior division, nor how good a team was 4 years ago

Are you fair dinkum. EDS lost to the 2nd bottom team by 100 points. How could you possibly think they are in the correct division.

Junior divisions should have nothing to do with a clubs senior division, nor how good a team was 4 years ago
Well the only other option is to have 4 teams in div1 and 4-6 teams in div2. My point is douttas would beat a few div2 sides by 60 plus. So what’s a fair solution??

A few clubs ruined it last year by playing the system and ultimately winning all games. That’s why Coburg districts probably were put in div1 as they destroyed the integrity last year by playing a low division and beating up on other clubs Bs in div4. Just one example.

Well the only other option is to have 4 teams in div1 and 4-6 teams in div2. My point is douttas would beat a few div2 sides by 60 plus. So what’s a fair solution??

A few clubs ruined it last year by playing the system and ultimately winning all games. That’s why Coburg districts probably were put in div1 as they destroyed the integrity last year by playing a low division and beating up on other clubs Bs in div4. Just one example.

Why not have 10 sides in each division. The bottom teams will only get beat by 100 pts 4-5 times for the year. And will be competitive or win their remaining games.
It happens at senior level also, it’s called sport.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why not have 10 sides in each division. The bottom teams will only get beat by 100 pts 4-5 times for the year. And will be competitive or win their remaining games.
It happens at senior level also, it’s called sport.

It may not be the thread for it but looking at the 19s..
Premier with 7 sides, sees Airport West & Greenvale getting torched by the Keilors & Strathmores every other week, whilst EK & EDS have their 19s at the lower level, it doesn't really seem right.

It may not be the thread for it but looking at the 19s..
Premier with 7 sides, sees Airport West & Greenvale getting torched by the Keilors & Strathmores every other week, whilst EK & EDS have their 19s at the lower level, it doesn't really seem right.
Agree they all should be in premier if you ask me.
Under 19s follow your senior club, only exception if clubs wish to go up and play higher, not the other way round.
So a good div1 junior club might wish to premier then I would allow it to better their club and maybe prepare for promotion or keep their better kids playing highest level footy.

Airport West really struggling I believe but Greenvale 19s, Ek and EDS should be in premier division. Make them invest more in their junior program.

Even the 16s how are Greenvale and even Craigieburn not in div1? Especially after Westmeadows 16s folded I’m sure some moved to neighbouring clubs like both these. 1 or 2 good kids can make a huge difference. Just think especially Craigieburn as they have a huge area to draw from and good facilities now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be harsh, but one way to fix is only present finals campaign to division one.
All other grades finish at end of home and away.

Let’s just give premiership to the actual best.

Might be harsh, but one way to fix is only present finals campaign to division one.
All other grades finish at end of home and away.

Let’s just give premiership to the actual best.
So in other words

The only clubs that will win junior flags will be Keilor abers and Strathmore

Great idea 🙄

I think one way to fix grading is to put it back on the clubs.

They nominate a division to enter. Ask the clubs to reevaluate their decision after round 2 or 3 then the league makes a final decision after round 5 in the make up of the divisions. If your team goes up then you lose your points and percentage.

The fixture could be week to week for the first 3 rounds to give clubs a chance to see if the division is right for them.

I think one way to fix grading is to put it back on the clubs.

They nominate a division to enter. Ask the clubs to reevaluate their decision after round 2 or 3 then the league makes a final decision after round 5 in the make up of the divisions. If your team goes up then you lose your points and percentage.

The fixture could be week to week for the first 3 rounds to give clubs a chance to see if the division is right for them.

Clubs like Coburg Districts will just nominate two divisions lower than they should be in the hope of ending up one division lower than they should be.

Clubs like Coburg Districts will just nominate two divisions lower than they should be in the hope of ending up one division lower than they should be.

Which of their teams are in the wrong division?

Which of their teams are in the wrong division?

I’m only involved U16 level so not sure on other age groups. Looks like after last year their 16’s are in the right div this year.
Just pointing out that clubs could easily manipulate where they want to be. And I can understand some clubs clubs doing that. If you can sneak a flag it can help when trying to get numbers for the following year.

I’m only involved U16 level so not sure on other age groups. Looks like after last year their 16’s are in the right div this year.
Just pointing out that clubs could easily manipulate where they want to be. And I can understand some clubs clubs doing that. If you can sneak a flag it can help when trying to get numbers for the following year.

Yes CD definitely manipulated the system last year and from what I heard from opposition clubs CD went about there winnings ways in a poor way towards opposing teams which often were clubs Bs and younger players up against CD As in low division. From memory they didn’t lose any post grading with a big %. Not sure who’s at fault with being incorrectly graded but winning with poor respect towards opposing teams is poor behaviour. Can guarantee they wouldn’t act that way against opponents the same age/size.

Yes CD definitely manipulated the system last year and from what I heard from opposition clubs CD went about there winnings ways in a poor way towards opposing teams which often were clubs Bs and younger players up against CD As in low division. From memory they didn’t lose any post grading with a big %. Not sure who’s at fault with being incorrectly graded but winning with poor respect towards opposing teams is poor behaviour. Can guarantee they wouldn’t act that way against opponents the same age/size.
Same with Burnside last year in 16s. Best roxy 16s by 100 points in grading by got graded below them. Wtf. Division 5 16s this year I can tell you the finals already. How rupo stayed in this div is laughable. They should have gone up and two come down from div 4

Same with Burnside last year in 16s. Best roxy 16s by 100 points in grading by got graded below them. Wtf. Division 5 16s this year I can tell you the finals already. How rupo stayed in this div is laughable. They should have gone up and two come down from div 4

Yes mate Burnside As last year manipulated the system and celebrated their premiership success in a low division like it was their only objective. Premiership over development it would seem. Just plain stupid by this club! Even had a few rep players. If they get poached by big clubs well it’s their own fault I say.

This seasons div5 it looks like burnside Bs are beating everyone by huge margins and stronger than Rupo Bs. Probably should be in div4 along with Rupo Bs I agree 💯 but I guess it’s there Bs playing other Bs. But feel for the other sides as once again it appears certain clubs want to to celebrate div5 premierships. Not great I agree!

Yes mate Burnside As last year manipulated the system and celebrated their premiership success in a low division like it was their only objective. Premiership over development it would seem. Just plain stupid by this club!

This seasons div5 it looks like burnside Bs are beating everyone by huge margins and stronger than Rupo Bs. Probably should be in div4 but I guess it’s there Bs playing other Bs. But feel

maybe should be no finals or premiership in div5. That would change some clubs/coaches ideas of division to play in.
Otherwise all other clubs should complain to the league or boycott playing them as this division is surely for those struggling or teams with players learning the game.

Yes mate Burnside As last year manipulated the system and celebrated their premiership success in a low division like it was their only objective. Premiership over development it would seem. Just plain stupid by this club! Even had a few rep players. If they get poached by big clubs well it’s their own fault I say.

This seasons div5 it looks like burnside Bs are beating everyone by huge margins and stronger than Rupo Bs. Probably should be in div4 along with Rupo Bs I agree but I guess it’s there Bs playing other Bs. But feel for the other sides as once again it appears certain clubs want to to celebrate div5 premierships. Not great I agree!
Everyone talks about the fact the have a lot of kids and win flags but maybe this is why they are still in Div 2 in seniors. Flags in Div 5 mean nothing.

I know our 1s team went all out in grading and wanted to get a high as possible in divisions to test themselves. They were genuinely disappointed to be put in Div 3 but I think it's the right Div because they are just around the mark. Div 2 might have been a step too far. But at least the coaches wanted to be as high up as they could.

The second team is 90% kids who have literally never played footy before this year which I find bizarre at u16 level but it is was it is. At least those kids are learning the game and enjoying themselves even though they get belted most weeks

I see edfl rep teams getting beaten by weaker leagues like WRFL. What’s the go there? Poor selections? Coaches??
Not a great look for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back