EDFL Juniors

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone from the league follow up players who look older than the division they are playing in? Seen a few full grown beards on kids playing under 16s. I’m not sure 15 year olds have full facial beards. 🤔🤔 Just saying!
Well they could have turned 16 on January 1 and playing U16's and 16 year olds can have serious growth, and some 16 years old don't have a whisker.

Does anyone from the league follow up players who look older than the division they are playing in? Seen a few full grown beards on kids playing under 16s. I’m not sure 15 year olds have full facial beards. Just saying!
Haha. I can tell you categorically that kids below 15 can grow beards. A few of our Under 16s have more facial hair than I've ever had in my life. I know when these boys are born and been around them since under 8s. Lol. We had a boy in our 16s this year that was about 6 foot 10 and other teams asked every week for his birth cert. Lol

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha. I can tell you categorically that kids below 15 can grow beards. A few of our Under 16s have more facial hair than I've ever had in my life. I know when these boys are born and been around them since under 8s. Lol. We had a boy in our 16s this year that was about 6 foot 10 and other teams asked every week for his birth cert. Lol

Far out 6’10 should be playing seniors 😄😄 or basketball

Might be tall, but no heart and low skills. Everyone expects him to tear a game apart but without skills and desire you won't go far

I agree but isn’t that the best thing about coaching to spend time and develop and improve kids possible potential. If he doesn’t develop then at least we keep him coming back for the enjoyment side. Talls take a lot of time and can be frustrating 😄
I see these things are better than winning flags in lower divisions. 😜

I agree but isn’t that the best thing about coaching to spend time and develop and improve kids possible potential. If he doesn’t develop then at least we keep him coming back for the enjoyment side. Talls take a lot of time and can be frustrating
I see these things are better than winning flags in lower divisions.
Haha. Not knocking the kid because he shows up every week, just people are his size and think he'll dominate. He's the kind of kid who is worried about hurting others so doesn't throw himself around. Hoping it will come with time.

I wonder who you might be referring to about winning flags in juniors..hmmmm

Div 3 16s and div 5 16s premierships tainted this year due to teams being dropped without reason. How they enjoy their plastic flag

Haha. Not knocking the kid because he shows up every week, just people are his size and think he'll dominate. He's the kind of kid who is worried about hurting others so doesn't throw himself around. Hoping it will come with time.

I wonder who you might be referring to about winning flags in juniors..hmmmm

Div 3 16s and div 5 16s premierships tainted this year due to teams being dropped without reason. How they enjoy their plastic flag

Check out 14 Div4 finals results👀

They were 3rd and in 2 finals have completely smashed teams. Seriously if this edfl board is serious they would pull them from the finals now and inform that club ALL your junior A sides for next year 10s to 16s will be playing div1 and 18s in premier.
That’s a blight on the league. Absolutely horrible and disgusting tbh. This is NOT what these lower divisions are for.

Similarly our young under 12’s came up against a club in finals that have been player swapping between Div 2 and Div 6 to suit games and make sure both teams made finals and then in fact Grandfinals. Upon seeing a new kid to the team last week whom looked about 15 we did some checks to find he had been playing up in 14/Div 3 all season but as he’s technically 12 was allowed to play his first game in under 12’s for season in the Div 6 team. Yeah they probably would have won anyway but a shitty rule the EDFL has. This club was all over it. Fine for the higher Div’s but a bit shitty for the less skilled players having a crack in Div 6. Flag hunting everywhere.

Similarly our young under 12’s came up against a club in finals that have been player swapping between Div 2 and Div 6 to suit games and make sure both teams made finals and then in fact Grandfinals. Upon seeing a new kid to the team last week whom looked about 15 we did some checks to find he had been playing up in 14/Div 3 all season but as he’s technically 12 was allowed to play his first game in under 12’s for season in the Div 6 team. Yeah they probably would have won anyway but a shitty rule the EDFL has. This club was all over it. Fine for the higher Div’s but a bit shitty for the less skilled players having a crack in Div 6. Flag hunting everywhere.
Seriously there are a lot of people involved in juniors who are complete morons and doing it for wrong reasons. Yes agree div1 go for it and the best club team has the satisfaction of being best in league. But any divisions below should be development of players. To many nuffies out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke to a parent of an EK U14s kid today and he's pissed about the fact they got dropped to div 4 and are smashing everyone. He thinks the club has lost the plot and internally parents are unhappy that they are seeking drops to win flags. Most parents would rather test themselves higher but the hierarchy at the club don't agree and want tainted flags instead... but they are pretty good at tainted flags down there.

How can any East Keilor number one team be in Div 3 or 4?
I can understand smaller clubs that have only one junior team like Oak Park or East Sunbury and others but East Keilor has plenty of juniors and their senior team will play Premier finals.

Credit where its due to Hadfield and Coburg Districts. They have been perennial Div 2 senior clubs but their juniors are always put in a testing grade and they come of it the better in my opinion.

How can any East Keilor number one team be in Div 3 or 4?
I can understand smaller clubs that have only one junior team like Oak Park or East Sunbury and others but East Keilor has plenty of juniors and their senior team will play Premier finals.

Credit where its due to Hadfield and Coburg Districts. They have been perennial Div 2 senior clubs but their juniors are always put in a testing grade and they come of it the better in my opinion.
A few years back haddys junior section was firing theyd worked hard to built it up

Won a few junior flags which resulted in a few 18’s flags later on

The edfl promoted the junior sides to the highest grade playing against Keilor Strathmore abers etc

Talking to a committee memener said it was the worst thing to ever happen to them Families left in droves and they got belted in every age every week

See all umpires named for junior grand finals, congrats to all those umpires. Very smart by headquarters to put an initial only for the surnames.
That way no one can make any links to an umpire having an affiliation to one of the clubs they are umpiring.
Have heard on numerous occasions this year umpires calling players by name. Not suggesting this changed the outcome of any games, it’s simply doesn’t have a good feel about it. Especially in a final.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

See all umpires named for junior grand finals, congrats to all those umpires. Very smart by headquarters to put an initial only for the surnames.
That way no one can make any links to an umpire having an affiliation to one of the clubs they are umpiring.
Have heard on numerous occasions this year umpires calling players by name. Not suggesting this changed the outcome of any games, it’s simply doesn’t have a good feel about it. Especially in a final.

Hope they cross reference it with umps advisors who act as a runner and run during junior games. A certain runner from a nearby club spent the entire game on the ground telling the umps which free to play to his team. Clearly intimidated them into paying frees.... and his team won by a kick in the last minute, kicked by his son....hmmmm

My sons team were complaining at all breaks that an umpire was talking to the opposition all game, knew all their names. This ground we played at had a time clock on scoreboard. My sons team were up by 3 pts with 10 seconds left, controlling umpire called a ball up at top of opposition goal square. Non controlling umpire overruled from the 50m line and gave a in the back free. Sons team lost. Seen this umpire get in the car with two opposition players at enD of game.

My sons team were complaining at all breaks that an umpire was talking to the opposition all game, knew all their names. This ground we played at had a time clock on scoreboard. My sons team were up by 3 pts with 10 seconds left, controlling umpire called a ball up at top of opposition goal square. Non controlling umpire overruled from the 50m line and gave a in the back free. Sons team lost. Seen this umpire get in the car with two opposition players at enD of game.
Yea I’ve seen a similar thing this year which turned a result after being 2 goals up. Lost by a point after siren. One umpire just stated in forward line the whole time. I tell you it’s definitely happening

Yea I’ve seen a similar thing this year which turned a result after being 2 goals up. Lost by a point after siren. One umpire just stated in forward line the whole time. I tell you it’s definitely happening
You'll be happy to see the EK 18S hot knocked out by Crazyburn..
Who finished the season 5th. Lol

It was meant to be a top 4 but not long before the end of the season my understanding is it was changed to a top 5 to match senior div 1. Waiting for coach/stand in coach/President/Runner/Waterboy Pat to protest this decision and have EK put back in....

10s will become older under 8s

What a joke

Unfortunately nothing the league can do to stop it. It’s an AfL Vic rule that states under 10’s cant score and no ladder. The EDFL have gotten away with breaking this rule for a while. I think they’ve been told to get in line with all other metro competitions.

Unfortunately nothing the league can do to stop it. It’s an AfL Vic rule that states under 10’s cant score and no ladder. The EDFL have gotten away with breaking this rule for a while. I think they’ve been told to get in line with all other metro competitions.
They claim it's to help improve participation, unders 10 have 20% more sides this season than 3 years ago so I'd say participation is going ok. Interesting to note that NFNL, YJFL, EDFL & SMJFL all have U11 competitions that score as well as U10s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back