EDFL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the div2 GF on my phone. Sunbury Kangaroos runner isn’t standing in coaching zone but going up and down the boundary line. FFS this comp has no rules. What a joke..He should be carded for 15 mins to learn a lesson.
They have been getting away with it all year in every division and even coaching while on there so why should they stop it now.

Just watching the div2 GF on my phone. Sunbury Kangaroos runner isn’t standing in coaching zone but going up and down the boundary line. FFS this comp has no rules. What a joke..He should be carded for 15 mins to learn a lesson.

Well there is plenty of EDFL reps here today, quite visible in their jackets making sure everyone sees them. I’m sure they are watching but seemingly choose not to see it.

Well there is plenty of EDFL reps here today, quite visible in their jackets making sure everyone sees them. I’m sure they are watching but seemingly choose not to see it.

It’s a big joke this comp. I can see him clearly outside the marked zone area just walking up and down along the boundary line. Actually nearly bumped into the boundary umpire several times. Give him a card

Well congratulations to Sunbury. Well deserved from go to whoa. Thoroughly deserved grand finalists Moonee Valley and pushed Sunbury all the way today. Great what COREY McGrath has done, his leadership is second to none.

I seriously wonder if you like footy sometimes Turbo, the amount of time you spend worried about what the runners and water boys are doing, what the coaches are doing, how people in the crowd are behaving, the prices at the canteen, the prices at the gate, if the goal umpires are cheating and if there is any EDFL officials present. Just watch the footy and stop looking for things to be offended by!

It’s a big joke this comp. I can see him clearly outside the marked zone area just walking up and down along the boundary line. Actually nearly bumped into the boundary umpire several times. Give him a card
Just what is the rule mate, is he allowed to run messages out?
If you were there you would have seen he was constantly running messages. hard to do that staying with a zone.
He was not just pacing up and down the boundary

I seriously wonder if you like footy sometimes Turbo, the amount of time you spend worried about what the runners and water boys are doing, what the coaches are doing, how people in the crowd are behaving, the prices at the canteen, the prices at the gate, if the goal umpires are cheating and if there is any EDFL officials present. Just watch the footy and stop looking for things to be offended by!

👍
Just what is the rule mate, is he allowed to run messages out?
If you were there you would have seen he was constantly running messages. hard to do that staying with a zone.
He was not just pacing up and down the boundary

I’m not against Sunbury Kangaroos and like the way they go about there footy. They deserved the win but maybe watch it. I don’t like when clubs abuse the rules. He was walking up and down the boundary line. Watch the vision.
The MV runner was doing the right thing. Just annoys me that’s all.

Yep you’re right Turbo and clubs have been signalling to the umps all season which hasn’t been actioned on. And that’s one of many reasons exactly why a few if not all clubs have privately questioned the actual reason SK was brought into this division.

I listened to an EDFL official today acknowledge this may have been a massive stuff because if Sunbury wins it’s the most hollow, purchased win in this division. And then yet if MV wins every club in div 2 has to deal with these overspending non-entities for next year so in return no other club will spend.

All while trying to charge all of us $18 for a photo and $20 to get in haha

Glad Sunbury actually won it so they can go away now, what a waste of a season for every other club in the division.

Hopefully Jacana can get a side up next season and it should hopefully be an even comp!

Great day yesterday for the sk. Well done to moonee valley who fought it out, certainly didn't lose any fans yesterday! Pity ns are still the same club that it has always been, kicking punching and couldn't even wait on the ground for presentations.
The umpiring standard in div 2 reserves is also atrocious

Glad Sunbury actually won it so they can go away now, what a waste of a season for every other club in the division.

Hopefully Jacana can get a side up next season and it should hopefully be an even comp!
Yes agree with you 100%, hopefully this wont happen again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great day yesterday for the sk. Well done to moonee valley who fought it out, certainly didn't lose any fans yesterday! Pity ns are still the same club that it has always been, kicking punching and couldn't even wait on the ground for presentations.
The umpiring standard in div 2 reserves is also atrocious

Two incidents for the day

One resulted in a 50 which was fair enough and the player yellow carded

The second incident was a player from each side was carded which I thought was heavy handed on both sides of them was the sunbury captain with the dreadlocks

Overall the game was played in decent spirits I’ve seen plenty worse grand finals for that kind of thing

There were plenty of high bumps not awarded to either side I thought too

Agreed the medal presentation was poor and disrespectful some of the players were not happy about it and actually apologised to the Sunbury players afterwards... that was the coaches decision

Last edited:
I read some of the comments here about Northern Saints behaviour and it makes me think a couple of things

1. Some people are stuck in a time warp and think it’s still 2014
2. Some people will always accuse the club of bad behaviour, possibly because the club has a lot of Lebanese players

The clubs behaviour this year has been absolutely fine. The players these days are a vastly different group and are good people who represent the club well. Some of you rely on third hand information to post crap about the club and pretend your experts

I read some of the comments here about Northern Saints behaviour and it makes me think a couple of things

2. Some people will always accuse the club of bad behaviour, possibly because the club has a lot of Lebanese players

The clubs behaviour this year has been absolutely fine. The players these days are a vastly different group and are good people who represent the club well. Some of you rely on third hand information to post crap about the club and pretend your experts

Couldn’t agree more

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well said. I’m not from Northern, but I have to agree with you. Your club is sometimes on the end of some very unfair assessments. I always enjoy my time watching your younger blokes go about it and as I’ve said love the friendly service from the bbq and canteen people. Always enjoy watching a game at mutton.

However there can be a difference in behaviour when losing finals. 🤔

Originally from Pacco, so would you would think. DSaying that, didn t look to have had a major impact this year as a forward.

Missed a lot of games through injury, copped a big bit and was coughing and spewing blood, so was kidney related I think.
When he was out there you could tell the boy cold play.
Wish him all the best, he’s a good kid

Missed a lot of games through injury, copped a big bit and was coughing and spewing blood, so was kidney related I think.
When he was out there you could tell the boy cold play.
Wish him all the best, he’s a good kid

Good on him for trying his skill in the higher level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back