EDFL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you leave the committee?

Clubs are tough work I'm sure and any help is great for all involved.

I did really like the sound of the coach but I'm not liking the sound of what I'm hearing about the club -- so I think we will look at other clubs .
I will dignify you with an answer just in case you’re legitimate but I suspect you’re not

No I’m not on the committee .. I’m working 70-80 hours a week at the moment so no time

It will be interesting to see who cheers on who this weekend, As i'm sure most clubs would love to see Sunbury get beaten, but at the same time could fear that to happen and have another season with them in Div 3.

It’s not impossible, but highly unlikely. Sunbury should take it, but I’m looking forward to seeing how Moonee go about it. I think they need to dominate the middle all day. Apply hard pressure in an aggressive manner and get the ball quickly to the forward. Sunbury have pretty much played the way they have wanted to play. They have very good forwards so if Moonee can stop the delivery from the middle set up defensively and use the ball sparingly, they might upset Sunbury.
If Sunbury don’t win, they’ll load up again and make Div 3 one sided again, so not good for other teams for sure.

It will be interesting to see who cheers on who this weekend, As i'm sure most clubs would love to see Sunbury get beaten, but at the same time could fear that to happen and have another season with them in Div 3.
If a club the size of Sunbury with their resources didn’t win this comp would all of their players stay? They have to win and will win.

It’s not impossible, but highly unlikely. Sunbury should take it, but I’m looking forward to seeing how Moonee go about it. I think they need to dominate the middle all day. Apply hard pressure in an aggressive manner and get the ball quickly to the forward. Sunbury have pretty much played the way they have wanted to play. They have very good forwards so if Moonee can stop the delivery from the middle set up defensively and use the ball sparingly, they might upset Sunbury.
If Sunbury don’t win, they’ll load up again and make Div 3 one sided again, so not good for other teams for sure.

Personally think both clubs should go up (as long as they are willing) and Oak Park go down and div1 becomes a 10 team division.

I think the thirds comp although good for these clubs is not helping div3 or reserves footy in all senior grades. Premier reserves is also suffering from thirds footy imo. Premier reserves used to be a decent standard but now it’s not as good. Younger kids going to play thirds as less commitment required.

Sounds like the weather could play a big part in the game 10-30mm rain predicted

Personally think both clubs should go up (as long as they are willing) and Oak Park go down and div1 becomes a 10 team division.

I think the thirds comp although good for these clubs is not helping div3 or reserves footy in all senior grades. Premier reserves is also suffering from thirds footy imo. Premier reserves used to be a decent standard but now it’s not as good. Younger kids going to play thirds as less commitment required.
Something needs to happen in this division. Too many byes, I know unfortunate as Jacana went into recess, but still too many byes and I can recall another year where each team played each other three times.. as for the seconds, that’s been a terrible fixture. It’s an issue for clubs trying to recruit.

Another reason for MagpieMaxx to think about whether to go to Div 2 or not. If your son plays Ressies and KP don't get a Ressies side again it's a bye almost every second week. You know its 2 byes per season in div1 so more Games he can play
Something needs to happen in this division. Too many byes, I know unfortunate as Jacana went into recess, but still too many byes and I can recall another year where each team played each other three times.. as for the seconds, that’s been a terrible fixture. It’s an issue for clubs trying to recruit.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not sure that is the best option, As rumors have been throughout the year, (IMO i dont think any will, yet) but if another team from the RDFL was to make the move across, surely after Sunbury coming in and dominating, would Div 3 clubs want them or push them straight into div 2.
I see leaving the bye in Div 2 allows for a stronger club to come in without making that division uneven or pushing 2 clubs down.

You must of heard a lot about the club inbetween posts, in less than 24 hours from deciding to go to The club and then saying you aren’t liking what you are hearing. I find that pretty incredible..
I said I'm doing some research and its actually surprising how much info is online about clubs via FB, big footy, newspaper and more.

I wanted to touch base with the coach was all at Northern so far.

My daughter might look at playing - which clubs would you recommend for a girl aged 14.

Another reason for MagpieMaxx to think about whether to go to Div 2 or not. If your son plays Ressies and KP don't get a Ressies side again it's a bye almost every second week. You know its 2 byes per season in div1 so more Games he can play

Thank you for the detail.
Not sure it'll matter to him, having a kick and making mates is mostly the plan

I said I'm doing some research and its actually surprising how much info is online about clubs via FB, big footy, newspaper and more.

My daughter might look at playing - which clubs would you recommend for a girl aged 14.
depends on what area you live in

I'm not sure that is the best option, As rumors have been throughout the year, (IMO i dont think any will, yet) but if another team from the RDFL was to make the move across, surely after Sunbury coming in and dominating, would Div 3 clubs want them or push them straight into div 2.
I see leaving the bye in Div 2 allows for a stronger club to come in without making that division uneven or pushing 2 clubs down.

Just reading the local rag and a story about relegation for Div 1. The paper states no other team joining Div 2 and OakPark definitely going down. If that’s the case and Sunbury go up, could be a very close season in 2020, apologies to oak Park not sure how they’d go in Div 2, could dominate or try and consolidate a year or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on MagpieMaxx.

It’s grand final week and we have spent most of it trying to find a suitable club for your son and now you want us to find a club for your daughter.

Bring them both to Wallan. Great club that is definitely heading in the right direction in both male and female footy.

Now lets move on and talk about the game.

Read an article that the 2 Sunbury key forwards are under an injury cloud.

Surely they get up for the granny.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Come on MagpieMaxx.

It’s grand final week and we have spent most of it trying to find a suitable club for your son and now you want us to find a club for your daughter.

Bring them both to Wallan. Great club that is definitely heading in the right direction in both male and female footy.

Yeah would think Sunbury should win, bit of rain though might make things a bit more interesting.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Come on MagpieMaxx.

Yeah would think Sunbury should win, bit of rain though might make things a bit more interesting.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Both trained this week and will be right to play. Wilson from MV is touch and go from all reports.

Sorry.... didn't read it correctly. Greenvale will take him and put him in thirds then forget about him

He could go to EK and be claimed as a 1 pointer
I didn’t mention for the Magpie to go to Roxy. Go straight down Somerton road to Greenvale bypassing Roxy. Surely they were stirring me up!!
Bit of BF banter.

Just watching the div2 GF on my phone. Sunbury Kangaroos runner isn’t standing in coaching zone but going up and down the boundary line. FFS this comp has no rules. What a joke..He should be carded for 15 mins to learn a lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back