Classic Wrestling Thread (60s 70s 80s 90s 00s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely love Ole. He's with Flair, Dusty and Terry Funk in my absolute favourite wrestlers to look up old footage of. Remarkably effective heel and capable as a baby face also.

What a segment. He manages to explain his actions of the past 12 months, delivers his promo perfectly and generates mega heat for himself and Dusty Rhodes. I miss this sort of stuff in wrestling.

Nothing will beat these era's of wrestling, absolutely nothing. I haven't watched WWE in literally over 20 years now and have no intention to now, its straight trash.

My biggest moment as a fan? Meeting Legion of Doom back in 1996 and they taking me, my brother, and my Dad out to a local steakhouse haha. If I can find the pictures somewhere will post them here.

My biggest moment as a fan? Meeting Legion of Doom back in 1996 and they taking me, my brother, and my Dad out to a local steakhouse haha. If I can find the pictures somewhere will post them here.

How the hell did that come about?!

How the hell did that come about?!
Haha.One of my Dad's friends was head of security for the Greensboro Coliseum(Where the show was) and that is how we were able to meet them in the first place. After being star struck while talking to them for a few minutes, my Dad told them he needed to go feed us haha and before we knew it they had invited us to go with them to the aforementioned steakhouse.

Was an amazing time and one I will always cherish. I remember by Dad asking them at some point how come we were invited along, and Animal said well we appreciate our fans and that they were starving so it just made sense. I was hoping perhaps Rick Rude(My favorite solo wrestler) would pop in for a ribeye himself haha but he didn't.

Haha.One of my Dad's friends was head of security for the Greensboro Coliseum(Where the show was) and that is how we were able to meet them in the first place. After being star struck while talking to them for a few minutes, my Dad told them he needed to go feed us haha and before we knew it they had invited us to go with them to the aforementioned steakhouse.

Was an amazing time and one I will always cherish. I remember by Dad asking them at some point how come we were invited along, and Animal said well we appreciate our fans and that they were starving so it just made sense. I was hoping perhaps Rick Rude(My favorite solo wrestler) would pop in for a ribeye himself haha but he didn't.

Greet story mate :) the thanks for sharing.

I know the timeline wouldn't make sense, but imagine if we had a short tag team/title run with Steamboat & Santana instead of Strike Force? (although young cleavy really liked Strike Force)

I thought it was The Bulldogs who dethroned the “Dream Team”

Strike Force came together in 86/87 after Tom zenk left for NWA/WCW, breaking up the Can-Am Connection, which was a shame as they looked real good together. Put in a great opening match at WM3.

Fortunately we also got the Steamboat savage classic as well.

I thought it was The Bulldogs who dethroned the “Dream Team”

Strike Force came together in 86/87 after Tom zenk left for NWA/WCW, breaking up the Can-Am Connection, which was a shame as they looked real good together. Put in a great opening match at WM3.

Fortunately we also got the Steamboat savage classic as well.
shame we didn't get the rematch at WM4 in the tournament.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shame we didn't get the rematch at WM4 in the tournament.

Unfortunately Savage was a face then, so a face vs face match back then was very rare, so can understand Valentine going over Steamboat in their opening match. Although, they would have stole the show, if Vince did go that way, would have made WM 4 a bit more watchable!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back