Prediction Changes v bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Has it ever worked? We tried it heaps of times and we just get out-marked. Not sure it is a great idea for one of the worst i50 kicking teams in the comp.
Jeez I'd hate to be a mid at Freo. Our forwards played from behind all day against Eagles and no one lead towards the ball.

You'd either have to kick short to a contest where the opposition is in front - really poor option - or kick long where McGovern and Barrass pick you off like shelling peas - really poor option.

Until we sort out the forward line, we need to hold fire on bashing the mids for 'delivery'. You can't deliver a package to a house that's not there.

I want to see fire and brimstone this weekend. We should be ravenous on Saturday night. From the moment the first bounce is made. Selection tomorrow is key.
We need to see the following at a minimum:
Chapman for Hughes (thanks for your service Ethan but I honestly never want to see you in a Fremantle jumper again at AFL level)
Switta and Frederick in for amiss and one of emmet/Banfield/erasmus/walters

Sturt needs to play as the third tall beside Treacy and Jacko. No Matt Taberner!

O meara should be dropped for Brodie but I just can’t see it happening.

Simpson and Stanley are unlikely based on what JL said to Rhino earlier.
Sturt is not a third tall. He filled that role terribly on the weekend. Sturt plays a role like Banfield or Frederick.

If no Tabs then Voss.our preferred structure has been 3 talls (ie Amiss, Treacy, Tabs or Amiss, Treacy, Jackson).

I personally think Tabs is cooked and would be happy to see Voss get a game but won’t lose the plot if Tabs is selected. It is likely a one off game anyway. Amiss is reportedly fine but has to miss due to concussion protocols so he will return after 1 game off.

I agree Chapman has to replace Hughes. Draper’s height is necessary and Chapman adds to that with some attacking capacity. Ryan and Chapman chopping out whilst Pearce and Draper do their lockdown roles.

Banfield has been better than JOM. Perhaps he can be moved to sub. JOM to Peel.

I’d like to see Brodie rewarded after playing so well and working hard at Peel. Another option as sub for Erasmus.

I can’t see it happening but Walters managed out, to freshen up after a hard few weeks. With Switta and Freddy back is a good time to do this.

Jeez I'd hate to be a mid at Freo. Our forwards played from behind all day against Eagles and no one lead towards the ball.

You'd either have to kick short to a contest where the opposition is in front - really poor option - or kick long where McGovern and Barrass pick you off like shelling peas - really poor option.

Until we sort out the forward line, we need to hold fire on bashing the mids for 'delivery'. You can't deliver a package to a house that's not there.
Assuming they have space to run into by the time the ball actually gets down there and also assuming what they are doing isn't by coaches instruction, then yes fair call. but it doesn't excuse the number of kicks that go miles over the forwards head or drop short or go to the advantage of the defender rather than the forward or choosing the 3rd of 2 good options.

Rory Lobb approves of this post.

Assuming they have space to run into by the time the ball actually gets down there and also assuming what they are doing isn't by coaches instruction, then yes fair call. but it doesn't excuse the number of kicks that go miles over the forwards head or drop short or go to the advantage of the defender rather than the forward or choosing the 3rd of 2 good options.
Agree. The number of times I've witnessed going inside 50 where under not much pressure they either kick it over the head or at the feet. Also the slow entry allows the oppos defense to set up. We need quick precise entries, and I attribute a part of that is the foot skills of most of our mids compared to other top sides

Having Kersten on our list was like pouring yourself a bowl of cornflakes and then strolling to the fridge, opening it, then cursing at having no milk.

You’re just left angry, but reluctantly eat your dry cornflakes because the simple thought of pouring the cornflakes back didn’t enter your mind.

In other words we just put up with s**t because we felt we had no other options.
I once poured orange juice over my cornflakes. It was the last skerrick left in the box, so just drained it off and put milk over the top.

So same same

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs will copy Eagles.

They play well here.

Bullies by 28

I have no idea what to expect. Last week was so unlike any other game we’ve played this year it’s hard to know what the aberration was.

My worst fear is that we aren’t capable of the first few weeks style without Jackson on ball nearly full time and that’s not sustainable.

I know it was Darcy’s first game back but we’d want to see some better cohesive work with the midfield.

I’m expecting exactly what you’re suggesting. It will be blitzkrieg ball from the first bounce from the bullies & it wouldn’t surprise me if they kick the first 4-6 goals.

I haven't seen a replay (can't think why not:rolleyes:) but it looked like we were a bit more Russian Roulette when Darcy was rucking there. I think we expected to win the tap so were overly proactive. As they were better on the outside, when we picked wrong we got hurt more than they did when we picked right.

Not sure if I've ever seen Jackson play mid while Darcy tucked. Has this happened yet?

My worry with Bont is he usually floats into the fwd line and kicks two goals on us

Not sure if I've ever seen Jackson play mid while Darcy tucked. Has this happened yet?

My worry with Bont is he usually floats into the fwd line and kicks two goals on us
there definitely were a few center bounces that Jackson has roved to Darcy, but probably only 5 or 6 over the course of the first 18 rounds last year

Rory Lobb approves of this post.

what is the issue there?! Why did JUH take 'personal leave'? Not fishing for drug-gossip or anything salacious, just genuinely curious as he is a gun and even as an AFL 'fan', you like watching the best players.

I meant lift. Although both played pretty well last week.
Pretty well? Naughton kicked 6! I'll take that 'pretty well' from any one of our FWDs any week of the year.

Lobb also, and much to my chagrin, clunked a few big marks and was surprisingly un-useless. yes, Saints were flat/shite, but the Dogs were also flying. 7 unanswered in the first Q.

if Dogs start like that again this weekend, we are proper f*cked.

gotta win contested marks/possessions, but also have to bring hot, hot pressure on-ball.

from the first bounce, not Q2.

We have the lowest inside 50 count in the whole comp, that’s not the forwards fault

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

what is the issue there?! Why did JUH take 'personal leave'? Not fishing for drug-gossip or anything salacious, just genuinely curious as he is a gun and even as an AFL 'fan', you like watching the best players.
I thought I read it was a family issue and he headed back to his home town.

Pretty well? Naughton kicked 6! I'll take that 'pretty well' from any one of our FWDs any week of the year.

Lobb also, and much to my chagrin, clunked a few big marks and was surprisingly un-useless. yes, Saints were flat/shite, but the Dogs were also flying. 7 unanswered in the first Q.

if Dogs start like that again this weekend, we are proper f*cked.

gotta win contested marks/possessions, but also have to bring hot, hot pressure on-ball.

from the first bounce, not Q2.
We've yet to kick more than 2 in any first quarters, we're utterly cactus if they get off the chain which means we're likely to batten down hatches for yet another 1st quarter. I don't know, feels a bit ominous. Sometimes I wonder if the 1st quarter nightmares are propagated off the back of 'attempting' to stifle the opposition and prevent them from scoring and then building methodically into a game once the defensive elements are humming. I'm happy with the statement J-Lo made about being in front after the final whistle as opposed to the first or even 2nd quarters, but it's definitely an issue how slow and reactive we start.

I know it's only 1 REAL bad loss (so far), but a lot rides on it. Even if we lose it's still not season shot 3-4, mathematically, but it feels like a typical Freo hole dug that's near impossible to get out of. Yikes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back