Prediction Changes: Round 9 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking again at Windy, we might get really lucky and the front comes through after the game.

This is pretty s**t though. Remember that Collingwood game two years ago the exact same thing happened - the cold front arrived right at bounce down. How bloody unlucky.
:( I dont think I have ever enjoyed watching us play a game in the wet.

So, possibly the biggest rivalry in the AFL takes place this week. I can't think of a club that I hate more than Fremantle, with your arrogant players like Ballen, no, he's retired, um, with your pretty boys with their long flowing blonde, no, he cut his hair, um I am sure there is a reason to hate Fremantle that I am trying to think of. It will come to me.
never ever heard of any rivalry between Sydney and Fremantle they just another club to everyone i know. Only rivalry is normally between Freo and West Coast.

Obviously some people hate Carlton and Collingwood. but that is normal LOL

Looking again at Windy, we might get really lucky and the front comes through after the game.

This is pretty s**t though. Remember that Collingwood game two years ago the exact same thing happened - the cold front arrived right at bounce down. How bloody unlucky.
Yes I remember that game.

A typhoon of epic proportions hit just before the game that day and there was water laying all over the ground.

Collingwood pulled a swifty in subbing out Mason Cox early with an imaginary finger injury ( you had to have a medical reason subs then) for Ollie Henry who kicked 4 goals.

We overused the ball and were all at sea with the excess water!

Funny enough Will Brodie was our best player that night with 36 possessions and a goal.

If it is as forecast he needs to be an in as he goes alright in the wet and is in good form at Peel.

This weekend must be one the AFL is looking forward to, all the top eight teams are playing top eight teams. The next three teams on the ladder playing bottom four sides.

It's going to tighten right up after this weekend.

It's possible that Carlton, Port, Fremantle all win and there is one win between 1st and 8th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, possibly the biggest rivalry in the AFL takes place this week. I can't think of a club that I hate more than Fremantle, with your arrogant players like Ballen, no, he's retired, um, with your pretty boys with their long flowing blonde, no, he cut his hair, um I am sure there is a reason to hate Fremantle that I am trying to think of. It will come to me.

I can’t stand your club and everything it represents, the afl love child, getting unfair advantages year after year.

They made a mistake in 1992, they should have shut your club, like was proposed by the afl and stem the constant financial loss. This was the beginning of the constant handouts that have never ended. In the early 1990s you got monetary support, administration support, salary cap concessions and draft picks. The Swans never happy and always asking for more, ongoing right up to 2025 and beyond. Remaining one of the clubs who receive the highest financial assistance every year.

• Ron Barrassi bought in by the afl
  • Dermot Brereton
  • Tony Lockett
  • Paul Kelly winning a dubious brownlow
  • Barry Hall - punching someone 50m behind play and still being allowed to play finals as it was deemed in play.
  • COLA, despite actual cost of living in WA exceeding the cost in Sydney during our mining boom.
  • Buddy Franklin miraculously choosing Sydney over GWS
  • Academy and all the rubbish that comes with it.
  • you guys employing parents of talented juniors so they move into your catchment area, further fueling the rort that is called an academy
  • the contrived “bloods” culture
  • the list is endless.

The best thing the afl did the in the last 25 years was ban you from trading for no particular reason, the sole moment of lucidity they had when considering the advantages your club are given.

You club is an embarrassment to fair play, like a 40 year old adult, still breastfeeding for a snack.

The rivalry is the have vs. the have nots. The handouts vs. the hard workers. The whimsical supporter base vs. the tough, rusted breed.

Last edited:
I can’t stand your club and everything it represents, the afl love child, getting unfair advantages year after year.

They made a mistake in 1992, they should have shut your club, like was proposed by the afl and stem the constant financial loss. This was the beginning of the constant handouts that have never ended. In the early 1990s you got monetary support, administration support, salary cap concessions and draft picks. The Swans never happy and always asking for more, ongoing right up to 2025 and beyond. Remaining one of the clubs who receive the highest financial assistance every year.

• Dermot Brereton
  • Tony Lockett
  • Barry Hall - punching someone 50m behind play and still being allowed to play finals as it was deemed in play.
  • COLA, despite actual cost of living in WA exceeding the cost in Sydney during our mining boom.
  • you guys employing parents of talented juniors so they move into your catchment area, further fueling the rort that is called an academy
  • the list is endless.

The best thing the afl did the in the last 25 years was ban you from trading for no particular reason, the sole moment of lucidity they had when considering the advantages your club are given.

You club is an embarrassment to fair play, like a 40 year old adult, still breastfeeding for a snack.

It was tongue-in-cheek but tbf he asked for it by coming across to our board.

I remember way back when...we played Sydney at the SCG in i think it was 2010 and spanked em by 30 odd. It was a wet game and i enjoyed every minute of it.

I remember a game vs Sydney at the WACA. Probably the wettest game I can remember. The WACA used to drain well be it rained for the whole game and I remember the players splashing & sliding around in puddles.

I was only a young teenager & didn't care sitting in the outer under my poncho.

Searching on the internet. I'm pretty sure this was the game:

R14,1997
Fremantle 4.6 5.7 5.11 6.12 48
Sydney 0.3 0.8 2.11 3.15 33

This weekend must be one the AFL is looking forward to, all the top eight teams are playing top eight teams.

Apparently it is only the 3rd time it has happened since 1994 when the top 8 was introduced.

I remember a game vs Sydney at the WACA. Probably the wettest game I can remember. The WACA used to drain well be it rained for the whole game and I remember the players splashing & sliding around in puddles.

I was only a young teenager & didn't care sitting in the outer under my poncho.

Searching on the internet. I'm pretty sure this was the game:

R14,1997
Fremantle 4.6 5.7 5.11 6.12 48
Sydney 0.3 0.8 2.11 3.15 33
Sorry for intrusion but I remember it well. Kingsley Hunter 2 goals straight vs Mark Bayes for us a shocking 4 behinds including from in front. What about the 44 all draw I think at the scg. We’ve had some ugly ones over the years.

Should be a cracker Friday night. 50/50 this one for sure.

• Dermot Brereton
  • Tony Lockett
  • the list is endless.

The rivalry is the have vs. the have nots. The handouts vs. the hard workers. The whimsical supporter base vs. the tough, rusted breed.

“Joel Garner off the long run, coming down the hill…ooooohhhhh that’s taken off just short of a length and just about taken his head off”

• Dermot Brereton
  • Tony Lockett
  • the list is endless.

Now THAT is the sick and twisted Freo passion I know and love!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back