Prediction Changes: Round 9 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt there's a lot of hard work ahead. I was just making the point that I don't think we've actually had our best side all together until today. I know we don't have Cox and Switta but I don't think we're losing too much with Draper and Switta is patchy. In terms of having the players that make huge difference to our style/synergy/ability to execute our gameplan - Chapman, Freddy, Amiss and Darcy are right up there and this is the first time we've had them all in one team.

I actually had the thought before the game that our season starts today in terms of seeing what we're actually got and how far we've come. We've been filling holes and making do, today was the first time all the pieces were in place.

We are close to getting our best mix on field - agree re Switta, but Cox is absolutely essential. He's not just an intercepting mark he's a contested defensive mark, and also up the field.

He's a good disposal and served as our defensive leader when Pearce was injured/proppy. Can't wait to get him back.

We are close to getting our best mix on field - agree re Switta, but Cox is absolutely essential. He's not just an intercepting mark he's a contested defensive mark, and also up the field.

He's a good disposal and served as our defensive leader when Pearce was injured/proppy. Can't wait to get him back.
No doubt Cox is elite and a huge cog. Just think Draper is playing a really cool hand and fitting in beautifully with the back 6. The fact Pearce, Ryan, Clark have all been in career form and we have Chapman back whilst Ash and Walker are playing their parts means we still have an incredibly good defence.

This Is such a danger game. We dropped the derby due to two gruelling games and a short turnaround. A 5 day break is a very tough ask against a good side.
Danger games are ones you're expected to win, this isn't quite that. There's a danger of being blown off the park though. Would love to grind out a close win (or a 10 goal win) and really put a Sydney shaped stamp on our season.

Honestly, who put these fixtures together!?

I’m very nervy of a ‘didn’t turn up’ type event.

I wouldn’t be against the club considering ‘managed’ for anyone carrying a niggle or who have had a history of not backing up on shorter breaks.

We could go in unchanged or have 3-4 changes. This is a week dictated by the fixtures and when that’s the case the AFL have messed up.

We already managed Fyfe coming off 37 touches because of the fixturing.

Bloody joke of a competition that these things present across the board.

Every week there seems to be some handicap that impacts us - playing Brisbane in Rd 2 when they'd already has a game a week before, then a 5 day break to play Norf, three those weeks at the Adelaide-hub (joke of a home game against Carlton), back to playing the Eagles who had two weeks at home and now another 5 day break against the top side. Utter corruption.

Watched the replay last night and a few of our bigger lads looked a bit proppy - Jackson, Darcy, Amiss, Fyfe managed and Pearce not at his normal best. Don't think a flight and bugger all break sets them up for a good recovery.

Will be even more satisfying when we won now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll be honest, I don’t know how we win if the rain is as predicted. We have zero ground ball class up front and all our firepower is from talls dominating the air. I can see Serong, Fyfe and co dominating in the middle with Sydney not that big but I can’t us kicking any kind of score.

I’ll be honest, I don’t know how we win if the rain is as predicted. We have zero ground ball class up front and all our firepower is from talls dominating the air. I can see Serong, Fyfe and co dominating in the middle with Sydney not that big but I can’t us kicking any kind of score.
I just hope we actually adjust our game plan and play style to the conditions. If we continue to over possess by hand then we will get torched. Fyfe being fit is probably a huge in for these conditions.

Only hope up front is I think Amiss is due a big game and he's quite handy at ground level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back