Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

OPW have announced Powerhouse Hobbs. Insanely random in the context of their other announcements.

He’s an incredible signing, but I’m confused all over again as to what this tour is.

OPW have announced Powerhouse Hobbs. Insanely random in the context of their other announcements.

He’s an incredible signing, but I’m confused all over again as to what this tour is.
Is it a tour? Its Starcast, which to my knowledge is a wrestling convention with a few shows thrown in.

QWA End of Indestructible Results

Match 1) Edmund Blair w/Angus Sharp (QWA Tag Team Champions) def JC Sabotage (QWA Legacy Cup winner)

Match 2) Trinity Angel def Ace Adams

Match 3) Dick Riggs def Whiplash.

Prior to this match, footage was shown of Dick Riggs ambushing Trent O'Day. During a beat down post match on the rookie,Trent O'Day attacked Dick Riggs in the ring, leading to the entire QWA locker room needing to separate the two. This went for 10 minutes, with the brawl erupting numerous times before both wrestlers were backstage.

Match 4) Bojack def Marshall Samson (My Match of the night)

Match 5) Angus Sharp w/Edmund Blair def Tim Burr. Whiplash emerged afterwards to chase off the heels.

Main Event: Seth Tylers VS QWA Heavyweight Champion 'Big Business' Sam Cannon

If Set Tylors doesn't min the Championship, he is erased from the history of the QWA.

JC Sabotage cashed in is legacy cup with Seth outside the ring and Sam Cannon injured nto win the QWA Heavyweight Championship.

Initially, massive pop for JC, however afterwards, the crowd was chanting for Seth. Boos rung out in the stadium as it was annouced that Seth Tylers was no loner part of the QWA,

This was my first night simply as a fan and no longer a referee. Felt very strange. I am compromised because everyone on that card I love dearly. The ending was shocking given what was on the line. No one saw the cash in coming. My guess is a JC Sabotage heel turn leading somehow to Seth Tylers returning.

Crowd: 200 to 300.

QWA End of Indestructible Results

Match 1) Edmund Blair w/Angus Sharp (QWA Tag Team Champions) def JC Sabotage (QWA Legacy Cup winner)

Match 2) Trinity Angel def Ace Adams

Match 3) Dick Riggs def Whiplash.

Prior to this match, footage was shown of Dick Riggs ambushing Trent O'Day. During a beat down post match on the rookie,Trent O'Day attacked Dick Riggs in the ring, leading to the entire QWA locker room needing to separate the two. This went for 10 minutes, with the brawl erupting numerous times before both wrestlers were backstage.

Match 4) Bojack def Marshall Samson (My Match of the night)

Match 5) Angus Sharp w/Edmund Blair def Tim Burr. Whiplash emerged afterwards to chase off the heels.

Main Event: Seth Tylers VS QWA Heavyweight Champion 'Big Business' Sam Cannon

If Set Tylors doesn't min the Championship, he is erased from the history of the QWA.

JC Sabotage cashed in is legacy cup with Seth outside the ring and Sam Cannon injured nto win the QWA Heavyweight Championship.

Initially, massive pop for JC, however afterwards, the crowd was chanting for Seth. Boos rung out in the stadium as it was annouced that Seth Tylers was no loner part of the QWA,

This was my first night simply as a fan and no longer a referee. Felt very strange. I am compromised because everyone on that card I love dearly. The ending was shocking given what was on the line. No one saw the cash in coming. My guess is a JC Sabotage heel turn leading somehow to Seth Tylers returning.

Crowd: 200 to 300.
Sounds good, do they have their shows online?

Well Slex is gone come September

It's not really clear to me from his twitter announcement whether he's moving, or if it's a tour that he hasn't announced an end date for.

I'm fairly sure he has young kids, and I'm fairly sure the US school year starts in August or September, so maybe he got a green card and it's a move? Good for him if it is, though I always thought his in-ring style probably lent itself better to Japan. I guess he did a couple of Japanese tours that didn't lead to much...

I would say that since Slex is being represented by what seems to be a genuine talent agency and is asking for big promotions to sign him that would indicate that at the very least he has a work visa which is typically hard to get in the States for wrestlers without the help of a bigger promotion although Shazza McKenzie just did it last year without the help of any major promotion.

He is a guy in his late thirties with wife and children though so I'm not so sure he'd be uprooting the family to move to the US fulltime for independent wrestling dates. He might've got an opportunity to move through his shoot job or been signed somewhere? If not I'd say it is probably just a multi month tour or something.

75480813357fbbf032158300acda52fb.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MCW Icons
329 Sold - 388 set up (85%) - Does not include GA

Renegades
73 Sold - 178 set up (41%) - Does not include GA

PCW Risk
21 tickets left

Slam
434 Sold - 508 set up (85%) - Does not include GA

Companies only booking like three women for the whole year and then posting International Womens Day posts feels like a gag from Utopia or The Veep

I mean at this stage you could only hope the in-active female wrestlers could come back so Melbourne can have more than 3 than can work (or 2 really)

a92c7076db7fe7e465d05f87800b7b5b.jpg

I like that MCW are announcing dates a few months ahead. I think you need to do that during footy season in Melbourne when there’s so much on.

No footy clashes for me, which is good, but as I said after the last show I’m not really committed to every show now. A mate & I have tickets to Icons, I love a rumble so I’ll be at Ballroom Brawl. Not sure about High Stakes though, I’m not sure I’m that enamoured by the concept.

The flip side of that is High Stakes & Ballroom Brawl seem like, going forward, we might get a bunch of fun cameos from guys who turn up for 2 shows a year and disappear again. I don’t know if I want to miss those guys. (Broderick & Cava have a 3 year feud going where they interact in the BB, then don’t see each other again for a year!)

a92c7076db7fe7e465d05f87800b7b5b.jpg

I like that MCW are announcing dates a few months ahead. I think you need to do that during footy season in Melbourne when there’s so much on.

No footy clashes for me, which is good, but as I said after the last show I’m not really committed to every show now. A mate & I have tickets to Icons, I love a rumble so I’ll be at Ballroom Brawl. Not sure about High Stakes though, I’m not sure I’m that enamoured by the concept.

The flip side of that is High Stakes & Ballroom Brawl seem like, going forward, we might get a bunch of fun cameos from guys who turn up for 2 shows a year and disappear again. I don’t know if I want to miss those guys. (Broderick & Cava have a 3 year feud going where they interact in the BB, then don’t see each other again for a year!)
The real problem is how not everyone is available on every day. As someone who has seen promotion after promotion live in real time backstage etc. Providing any sort of continuity and then having flow on effects is such a tough business. So and so has a wedding that day, so and so has their nephews footy game and can't make it to 7, do you risk it. etc...

The real problem is how not everyone is available on every day. As someone who has seen promotion after promotion live in real time backstage etc. Providing any sort of continuity and then having flow on effects is such a tough business. So and so has a wedding that day, so and so has their nephews footy game and can't make it to 7, do you risk it. etc...

Good bookers work around it, the problem is Australia doesn't have many great actual bookers but if you look at the likes of ROH, ECW and other non major wrestling organisations they always had to work around no shows or their wrestlers going off to tour Japan or the like.

I'd imagine they schedule stuff a long way before we see it. Like, I'd be stunned if they didn't arrive at the final show in December last year with a full schedule for 2024 to give to the top handful of guys and girls.

People will always have competing priorities, but an indy as professional as MCW must be scheduling shows 6 months+ out and booking people 3 months+ out to allow people to make contingencies.

Even then, stuff will pop up, you just have to deal with it. For example, I think you have to keep booking Delta and The Parea as top babyfaces despite the fact we know they're good, we know they've just done WWE tryouts, we know they're all tight with Rhea who probably has stroke by now, and they could be gone at any moment.

Good bookers work around it, the problem is Australia doesn't have many great actual bookers but if you look at the likes of ROH, ECW and other non major wrestling organisations they always had to work around no shows or their wrestlers going off to tour Japan or the like.
There is a huge difference between booking a show where you run weekly TV compared to every 6+ weeks. Aussie wrestlers largely do this as a hobby and their unavailability through injury and life in general can happen fairly suddenly. The fact any stories get told at all is a miracle

I recently made my first order of wrestling tshirts from merch bunny. Man they feel really nice, they’re good quality and they also got here super quick.

I think they’re a touch smaller than the old wrestler merch shirts, but I don’t know if it’s enough of a difference to order a size up - I suspect it’s not.

I recently made my first order of wrestling tshirts from merch bunny. Man they feel really nice, they’re good quality and they also got here super quick.

I think they’re a touch smaller than the old wrestler merch shirts, but I don’t know if it’s enough of a difference to order a size up - I suspect it’s not.
who is merch bunny?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back