Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Bombers v Giants Sat May 11th 4:35pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Bombers by a lot

• GWS by a lot

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I take it back about liking your lot ;)

Well done on the win. Well deserved we were absolutely rubbish

thanks, but you were made to look rubbish.

you didn't "lose" this if that's what you are dialling into.

Reckon the Giants are in for a fight to make top four this year. Not as good as we all thought. That said, the Bombers are better than we thought they'd be.

Momentum got them to a prelim last year, but they really live or die too much off the boot of Toby Greene to be considered a genuine favourite.

mood GIF

IMG_1201.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers finally the real deal?? I know we’ve been here before MANY times over the past 2 decades but I think blokes like Durham, Perkins, Caldwell complement each other and make each other better players. Rather than just having Parish + Merrett race each other to 35 like 2-3 years ago.
We’ve had many false dawns before as we all know but I do think it’s starting to feel different. But I couldn’t agree more with you, those 3 have made our midfield so much tougher and more efficient, all compliment each other very well. We no longer rely on Merrett, Parish and Shiel racking them up whilst still not being very good defensively and certainly not tough enough to win finals.

thanks, but you were made to look rubbish.

you didn't "lose" this if that's what you are dialling into.
People get sensitive about these things.

It can be true both that one team played very well and another played terribly, while the former's efforts made the latter's look worse and vice versa. The nitpicking over "not being given enough credit" is silly. The win and the performance should be your validation. Not if there is a perceived lack of respect for your football club.

GWS won by 4 points on "Expected Score" (copyright of Champion Data) ... so that's all that matters.

Well done guys.
Same as Geelong last night, and Port the week before in the showdown. Hell, Freo were pretty close against Sydney on xScore weren't they?

Bad kicking is bad football and the reverse is also true. Shock.

Expected score should only be used to make fun of one side's goal kicking. Not to ever claim they "were the better team".

Back