Injury 2024 St.Kilda Injury information

Remove this Banner Ad

If you work so hard on preventing injuries, your whole list will be unfit.

There's a fine balance between a hardened team that's got some injuries, and a weak team that's injury free.

The trick is to have the depth to cover for those injuries.

Alrighty just tidying up here. Apologies if any posts got swept up with the rest of them.
Let's try and keep on topic and please be considerate in how we talk to each other.
If you have questions regarding moderating actions keep it to a PM and not in a thread.

Thanks

If you work so hard on preventing injuries, your whole list will be unfit.

There's a fine balance between a hardened team that's got some injuries, and a weak team that's injury free.

The trick is to have the depth to cover for those injuries.
I’d think the trick is balance the training loads with injury management personally.

Nobody in the league has the depth to cover their 3/4 of their best 10 out. We don’t have that obviously but just saying “have depth” isn’t particularly helpful

windy back this week,dougs and dow look best chances of the rest,dougs probably vfl first up with cordy doing ok,hunter next up by look of last weeks list,seems noone added to list after round 4,

hope list updated by 5.30pm melbourne time,after that its 7 hours enroute to,then in airport & a 9 hour flight,then approx another 3 hours enroute to wifi,into the ex wifes arms in beautiful dandenong

son in footscray teasing me with a message"what time will you arrive tomorrow?"hoping for a follow up"will pick you up then do coffee at highpoint and get your cp and laptop connected there"but alas no follow up from the boy

if injury list is up i can focus 9 hours of flight time on which game to attend while in melbourne,dogs or roos?and a sandy game bullants or roos?probably bullants,roos game will end about 4 hours before i gotta be at the airport again

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Dougal HowardHamstringTest
Paddy DowKnee1 weeks
James Van EsAnkle2 weeks
Hunter ClarkCalf2-3 weeks
Matty AllisonKnee3 weeks
Ben PatonPectoral3-4 weeks
Mason WoodCollarbone3-4 weeks
Brad CrouchKnee4-5 weeks
Liam HenryHamstring4-5 weeks

Clark still 2+ away. Very frustrating.

Dow at least has progressed a week. Will need at least one VFL game though. Sandringam have another bye next week though. The VFL fixturing is completely ridiculous. Hard to see what purpose the league is fulfilling now. Probably means we won't see him until the North game in round 8, unless we bring him in without a VFL game.

Howard back this week, presumably in the VFL. Be interesting to see how we go with Cordy vs Howard once he is available.

Clark still 2+ away. Very frustrating.

Dow at least has progressed a week. Will need at least one VFL game though. Sandringam have another bye next week though. The VFL fixturing is completely ridiculous. Hard to see what purpose the league is fulfilling now. Probably means we won't see him until the North game in round 8, unless we bring him in without a VFL game.

Howard back this week, presumably in the VFL. Be interesting to see how we go with Cordy vs Howard once he is available.

Hope he's in the VFL. Dougal was a bit rusty before his injury, and i've never seen Cordy as good as he is right now.

This is the one we should be watching.
Yeah I'm very keen to see how Van Es goes too. Can we please have a drafted key defender finally demand his spot and kick out a solid but not a star player to drive us up the ladder? Pretty please footy gods. I'm not asking for too much...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Collard has done a calf or a hammy in the VFL.

Can this be corroborated at all for those not watching the VFL? Did anyone see the event, have a chat/hear the chats about such? Not intimating anything, just wanting additional context for those that are less fortunate on VFL matters.

King getting scans this afternoon. They are confident it’s on the minor side but the club still aren’t ruling out an ACL. (According to Josh Gabelich SEN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back