Injury 2024 St.Kilda Injury information

Remove this Banner Ad

All things being equal we’ll have a healthy list by about round 7 or 8, just gotta get through the next month. If we go down against tigers it might go sour quickly
In Round 13 last year, Carlton were 14th on the ladder with 4 wins and a draw, GWS were 15th with 4 wins. We were 5th with 8 wins.

Most neutral AFL viewers claim the Blues and Giants had better seasons.

Nothing is forever. We're a bit down now, but our season is far from over. When Dow, Crouch and Windy are running the Engine room, things will look a lot better. Henry and eventually Wood will be back. Blooding so many rookies will be good for us long term. Got a lot of home games towards the end of the season, could be that having momentum in June, July and August could be more useful than having it in April and May.

It feels like there's some light at the end of the tunnel with that injury update. Need some luck over the next month, minimal injuries and eke out a couple of wins.

Do we know if Hill and Marshall are available? Or are the rumours of their respective hand and concussion injuries true?

Excuse my ignorance but I assume that doesn’t mean he’s doing roadworks in the car park! Does that mean light duties (ie a niggle) or something like that?
It means non contact and it’s common for Marshall to wear it due to his importance when in season.

I went a number of times last year and he wore it.

It means non contact and it’s common for Marshall to wear it due to his importance when in season.

I went a number of times last year and he wore it.
You would think that if he had concussion symptoms he wouldn't be allowed to train so reckon you are on the money there.

Do we know anything about O'Connell yet or is he on a loading program?

You would think that if he had concussion symptoms he wouldn't be allowed to train so reckon you are on the money there.

Not just that.

If he been concussed the AFL would have to know about it and the AFL protocols would automatically kick in.

These days players who are concussed are quickly named and quickly ruled out.

It would be pointless naming him as he couldn’t play.

You would have to think Ro is good to go, at least in regards to any head knock.

Do we know anything about O'Connell yet or is he on a loading program?

Not just that.

If he been concussed the AFL would have to know about it and the AFL protocols would automatically kick in.

These days players who are concussed are quickly named and quickly ruled out.

It would be pointless naming him as he couldn’t play.

You would have to think Ro is good to go, at least in regards to any head knock.
He has no concussion. No idea if post game he went through a concussion test. But he is right this week.

Ross frequently lets a very select few go no contact in training throughout his time as coach. Rooey was another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Round 13 last year, Carlton were 14th on the ladder with 4 wins and a draw, GWS were 15th with 4 wins. We were 5th with 8 wins.

Most neutral AFL viewers claim the Blues and Giants had better seasons.

Nothing is forever. We're a bit down now, but our season is far from over. When Dow, Crouch and Windy are running the Engine room, things will look a lot better. Henry and eventually Wood will be back. Blooding so many rookies will be good for us long term. Got a lot of home games towards the end of the season, could be that having momentum in June, July and August could be more useful than having it in April and May.
If we lose to the Tigers it will take a miracle for us to play finals.

Seems a pretty fair question to me.
My response was fair as well, don't require someone like Steele Saints abusing people for no reason.
What is the question you would ask about ' the injuries'? Why do they happen?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The biggest strength at this time of year is availability and thats something we need to improve greatly in if we want to compete with the best teams.

I'd hope the club is looking into why we have such a long injury list to start the season again and even though not all of them are soft tissue injures, what can we do next year to prevent it from happening again.

Injury Ladder based on the latest AFL list.

Port : 4 One soft tissue injury.
Suns : 5 One soft tissue injury, random others.
Cats : 5 two soft tissue injuries , couple of old men with bad backs.
Bulldogs :6 Mostly joints, 2 concussion. 1 season ending ACL.
Pies :6 two soft tissue injuries, 2 concussions.
North :7 No soft tissue injuries, but 2 achilles tendons.
GWS:7 3 soft tissue injuries. Random others.
Brisbane :7 2 soft tissue injuries, 4 knee injuries.
Crows :7 No soft tissue injuries, 4 knee injuries.
Eagles :8 2 soft tissue, few knee injuries, 1 concussion.
Demons :8 1 soft tissue injury, 1 achilles, a few contact injuries.
Hawks :8 2 hamstrings, 1 achilles, few knee and joint issues.
Essendon:8 4 soft tissues, a concussion
StKilda :9 3 soft tissues, some joints, 1 broken bone.
Swans: 9 2 soft tissues, all sorts of joint issues. A concussion.
Carlton: 9 4 soft tissue injuries. 2 ACL's, concussion.
Fremantle :12 4 soft tissue injuries, 2 concussions, few joint issues.
Richmond : 13 5 soft tissue injures. 1 season ending ACL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back