Injury 2024 St.Kilda Injury information

Remove this Banner Ad

van Es cooked it seems

Certainly not looking good for him, maybe another Hugh Goddard instance of "quality backman, leg issue, get rid of him" only this time we're taking time to try and fix it.

I’ve seen people saying it.
From the Sandy thread
ca

Dow, Clark, Webster, Howard, Schoenmaker, McLelland, Collard, Keeler, Hayes, Hastie,Wood, Paton, Hotton, O’Connell all played a 4x 15 scratch match. Not sure who others were, possibly Sandy players. Exciting to see Dow get the first centre clearance, he certainly knows a thing or two about inside midfield play. Also a well directed kick from Dow to Hayes for a goal, was a sight for sore eyes. Dow appeared to run out the game ok as did Hayes.
So Collard is fine.

Dow entirely off the injury list is excellent. Now to see if he is seniors bound or needs some magoos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't * around when we do soft tissue injuries. Most hammies are a couple of weeks. St Kilda 6-8.
I think you've missed the directive from the AFL that injury recovery estimates now must be more realistic than the ever hopeful - "Hamstring - 2 weeks".

Thats why we are seeing some players come back a bit earlier than original expected.

I think you've missed the directive from the AFL that injury recovery estimates now must be more realistic than the ever hopeful - "Hamstring - 2 weeks".

Thats why we are seeing some players come back a bit earlier than original expected.

Otherwise known as A.Hamill - 2 weeks.

Most players don't miss more than 3 weeks for a hamstring strain. 8 weeks is a high hamstring hanging off the bone not your normal one. Unless we are putting return to full match fitness loading on them.

Most players don't miss more than 3 weeks for a hamstring strain. 8 weeks is a high hamstring hanging off the bone not your normal one. Unless we are putting return to full match fitness loading on them.

Riewoldt had the latter, and i think he was 12 weeks, going all out using everything they could.
8 is a lot for a normal strain, but it would be remarkable for the hamstring hanging off the bone case.

Quick look at the AFL injury list shows about 8 to 10 players listed as hamstring injury's still more than 5 weeks away from returning.

Another 8 or 10 who are closer so being fit - I've got no idea how long they've been sidelined prior to this week.

So clearly its not something unique to the Saints.

I think that is what we are doing. If I recall, the return timeframes last year were basically when they were available for senior selection, which meant not just the recovery period, but included ramping up their training loads to include a conditioning block........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back