News 2024 Injuries, Suspensions, and Concussion Protocols

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamstring used to be minimum 21 days.
You're right, pinging a hammy is definitely 4+ week range, but Rozee was out there for a further 10 minutes running about after he initially came off. I was just a bit unsure on how bad his injury was, thought maybe it wouldn't be as bad as a 4 weeker.

Hamstring used to be minimum 21 days.
Wines and JHF missed 1 week this year with hammies. I trust Port with their injury reports, they're usually honest and correct with their assessments. However many weeks they say it is in their injury report, I'll believe them.

Port have Hawks in rd10 and North in rd11. If Rozee only misses a couple, he'll return to a couple of easy wins and hopefully big scores.

Wines and JHF missed 1 week this year with hammies. I trust Port with their injury reports, they're usually honest and correct with their assessments. However many weeks they say it is in their injury report, I'll believe them.

Port have Hawks in rd10 and North in rd11. If Rozee only misses a couple, he'll return to a couple of easy wins and hopefully big scores.
Or they let him rest up as they won't need him in those games......

St Kilda ruckman Rowan Marshall spent time off the field early but returned to play out the game. Saints coach Ross Lyon said: “He’s very brave. He copped a knock. With Rowan, it was a bit of a knock and the doctors worked on him and said he was fine to come back on. We’re expecting that he’ll get up but he’ll have to work pretty hard to get up.”

Last edited:
West Coast coach Adam Simpson was asked about potentially resting Elliot Yeo, like they did this week with Harley Reid. Simpson replied: “Maybe, (with) the lessons we’ve learned over the past few years about how to look after our players. Tim Kelly is the same.

“We would’ve loved to have played Harley today. We just couldn’t. His body was telling us he shouldn’t. Yeoy will be the same. At some stage he may need a spell. Hopefully not too soon.”

Hardwick said Sam Clohesy had a wrist concern but was “fine”, along with Bailey Humphrey who was subbed out after a head knock, passing his concussion test.

St Kilda ruckman Rowan Marshall spent time off the field early but returned to play out the game. Saints coach Ross Lyon said: “He’s very brave. He copped a knock. With Rowan, it was a bit of a knock and the doctors worked on him and said he was fine to come back on. We’re expecting that he’ll get up but he’ll have to work pretty hard to get up.”

Easiest trade ever Marshall > Sweet locked in.

West Coast coach Adam Simpson was asked about potentially resting Elliot Yeo, like they did this week with Harley Reid. Simpson replied: “Maybe, (with) the lessons we’ve learned over the past few years about how to look after our players. Tim Kelly is the same.

“We would’ve loved to have played Harley today. We just couldn’t. His body was telling us he shouldn’t. Yeoy will be the same. At some stage he may need a spell. Hopefully not too soon.”

Hardwick said Sam Clohesy had a wrist concern but was “fine”, along with Bailey Humphrey who was subbed out after a head knock, passing his concussion test.
Definitely rest Yeo for 4-12 weeks please Simmo.

Cheers

Definitely rest Yeo for 4-12 weeks please Simmo.

Cheers
James Franco Boxing GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rozee owners, how many weeks out will you hold for?

on Port, they're often very accurate with their assessments, so I'll trust whatever they say.

This year they've had both JHF and Wines miss 1 week with hamstring injuries. Both returns with no issues. Snippets from their injury reports:

Wines:
"Midfielder Wines will sit out this Friday’s game against Essendon with a hamstring issue.

The 29-year-old felt soreness following Saturday night’s Round 3 match, with scans later showing a strain."

JHF:
"JASON HORNE-FRANCIS will miss Saturday's Round 3's clash with a hamstring strain.

The powerful midfielder sustained a medial strain in his right hamstring prior to Sunday's game against Richmond .

Medical staff will take a cautious approach to his recovery, after he was unable to get through full training on Tuesday."

So if Rozee is just a minor strain and Port say he'll only miss 1 or 2 weeks, I'll trust them. Then it's a hold, right?!

If it's 3 weeks or more then he's clearly done a proper hammy injury and for an explosive player he might be hampered when he returns, so he has to go.

on Port, they're often very accurate with their assessments, so I'll trust whatever they say.

This year they've had both JHF and Wines miss 1 week with hamstring injuries. Both returns with no issues. Snippets from their injury reports:

Wines:

JHF:

So if Rozee is just a minor strain and Port say he'll only miss 1 or 2 weeks, I'll trust them. Then it's a hold, right?!

If it's 3 weeks or more then he's clearly done a proper hammy injury and for an explosive player he might be hampered when he returns, so he has to go.
Rozee said last night that he wants to play this week.

But considering it is a non contract year for Stinkley, he won't play injured players and run them into the ground to earn himself another contract extension. So Rozee will definitely not play this week.

Rozee said last night that he wants to play this week.

But considering it is a non contract year for Stinkley, he won't play injured players and run them into the ground to earn himself another contract extension. So Rozee will definitely not play this week.
Yeah never expected him to play this week, it's whether it's 1-2 weeks, or a 3+ major hammy.

Patiently waiting for the injury report...

Wines:

JHF:

Will hold for 1, most likely punt if 2 I reckon

Rory Sloane retires. Always seemed like a good egg.

I’m warming to the idea of holding Rozee but hamstring has to be a minimum 2 weeks and really 3 unless it’s just awareness, whatever scan will tell.

I punted Libba for Serong last week to win my cashie still feels good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back