Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

American, like said I cant remember, might have it wrong.
American was an interesting case. He was never permabanned as far as I know. Otherwise he couldn’t have PM’d you or me.

His West Coast alt was killed off once it became deeply obvious to their mods that he wasn’t really a WC supporter and was trolling big time. This or something around the same time got him an infringement which tipped him into a suspension. I didn’t do it so not fully sure what it was, but it can’t have been wildly dreadful because it was just points, not a get this person off BF sort of thing.

Not long after the suspension wore off he PM’d me to say he was off and goodbye and all, so he actually cancelled himself. Left me with some contact details though, and I emailed him a month later to say g’day and tell him he’s welcome back when he feels like it. He did respond, so didn’t give me a dud email so he’s not a troll or a con. And he was a Melbourne supporter. His WC thing was some weird, convoluted story that I pretty much believed.

Would love to see a breakdown of the most prolific posters on this board over the last 20 years or whatever. Lots of good ones have come and gone.
I haven’t gone Less

American was an interesting case. He was never permabanned as far as I know. Otherwise he couldn’t have PM’d you or me.

His West Coast alt was killed off once it became deeply obvious to their mods that he wasn’t really a WC supporter and was trolling big time. This or something around the same time got him an infringement which tipped him into a suspension. I didn’t do it so not fully sure what it was, but it can’t have been wildly dreadful because it was just points, not a get this person off BF sort of thing.

Not long after the suspension wore off he PM’d me to say he was off and goodbye and all, so he actually cancelled himself. Left me with some contact details though, and I emailed him a month later to say g’day and tell him he’s welcome back when he feels like it. He did respond, so didn’t give me a dud email so he’s not a troll or a con. And he was a Melbourne supporter. His WC thing was some weird, convoluted story that I pretty much believed.
I think he PM'd me from a different account to the known ones. Went back and had a look if I had it today but I deleted a tonne of old ones 12 months or so ago and its gone sadly. Was sure he told me he got perma banned. I know hes around on twitter, GG said he PM'd him over there and said to say hi to me.

American, like said I cant remember, might have it wrong.
You might be mixing up AmericanAFL with Blitz. I liked him (Blitznu) and would have liked him to stay but he really snapped and started a wild PM campaign, some but not all directed at me. I think he too tipped over on points, and I suspected there might have been some life stuff going on too, but that wasn’t something I or anyone could handle. Was pretty much why I quit modding - handfuls of PMs calling me a bitch campaigner each day was a bit s**t and I decided I’d give myself a break from it.

Having said that I really hope he is doing well. He said the nicest thing I have read on this board to someone once, it was really touching. I’m betting that you recall it.

You might be mixing up AmericanAFL with Blitz. I liked him (Blitznu) and would have liked him to stay but he really snapped and started a wild PM campaign, some but not all directed at me. I think he too tipped over on points, and I suspected there might have been some life stuff going on too, but that wasn’t something I or anyone could handle. Was pretty much why I quit modding - handfuls of PMs calling me a bitch campaigner each day was a bit s**t and I decided I’d give myself a break from it.

Having said that I really hope he is doing well. He said the nicest thing I have read on this board to someone once, it was really touching. I’m betting that you recall it.
He once offered to pay my bills for a few months because I was laid off from work when the lockdown's came in for covid. I couldn't accept that off a friend let alone a stranger but it was such a nice gesture.

He once offered to pay my bills for a few months because I was laid off from work when the lockdown's came in for covid. I couldn't accept that off a friend let alone a stranger but it was such a nice gesture.
Was amazing though and I’m completely sure he meant it

Lost a few.

Haven't seen Captain Jack for a couple of years. Eth (wont tag him) now works for MMM I think.

Lol, BigSexc and his Asian bride or something like that..
BS was a weird campaigner

Would lose it when people called him BS

From memory he said he was half Asian and was big, hence BS

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

BS was a weird campaigner

Would lose it when people called him BS

From memory he said he was half Asian and was big, hence BS

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
I missed that moment but yes, I thought he was weird. By the time I joined he wasn’t a regular feature though

Was amazing though and I’m completely sure he meant it
He did, he PM'd me telling him to send him a copy of bills with the billpay code visible and he'd fix them up for me.

He did, he PM'd me telling him to send him a copy of bills with the billpay code visible and he'd fix them up for me.
I was honestly so impressed that I was going to PM you and ask if you needed a kind of interest free loan or some such. Pandemic was s**t and really scarey for a bit, do I keep my job or not sort of thing, but I landed okay and didn’t have to tap my savings or super so - inspired by Blitznu - I thought why not try to help someone?

I’m not as brave as Blitz though. And you would have thought I was a maniac so I didn’t.

How is that for an unsubstantiated flex though. STFU gander

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was honestly so impressed that I was going to PM you and ask if you needed a kind of interest free loan or some such. Pandemic was s**t and really scarey for a bit, do I keep my job or not sort of thing, but I landed okay and didn’t have to tap my savings or super so - inspired by Blitznu - I thought why not try to help someone?

I’m not as brave as Blitz though. And you would have thought I was a maniac so I didn’t.

How is that for an unsubstantiated flex though. STFU gander
I would have said yes if the money was coming from a mod. Chief pays you well and you can afford it.

Might be remembering it wrong, i swear he was in 2013 for a bit. Either that or he was really on top of match day threads
No, he wanted to be but was too sensitive. From memory he was offered a community engagement thing like Proper Gander had for a while but never responded to it. When asked again after months he cited some reasons for not responding to the invitation.

Might be remembering it wrong, i swear he was in 2013 for a bit. Either that or he was really on top of match day threads
I remember he had the super verbose GDTs with whole essays worth of predictions and quotes from everyone down to Schwab's barista with their thoughts on the team/game.

An odd poster but unique and kinda fun in their way.

No, he wanted to be but was too sensitive. From memory he was offered a community engagement thing like Proper Gander had for a while but never responded to it. When asked again after months he cited some reasons for not responding to the invitation.
Community leader thank you very much. Leader. I led communities

I think the Eagles thing was something like he was a Philly supporter in the NFL so he just initially picked the Aussie Eagles team before realising they were one of the more powerful and successful teams going round and it went against his personal ethos of supporting underdogs.

I think the Eagles thing was something like he was a Philly supporter in the NFL so he just initially picked the Aussie Eagles team before realising they were one of the more powerful and successful teams going round and it went against his personal ethos of supporting underdogs.
That’s the one. But moreso he had a mate at home that he was trying to get interested in AFL so he could have some company. He got him onto Bigfooty but the mate wasn’t interested and dropped off pretty soon after. By this time American had got on board the demons and departed from his West Coast persona, only to reinvigorate it later for trolling purposes. WC mods eventually picked up on it.

Yes Wonna did the game day thread, a million stats and text in the opening posts but wasn't a mod, just a try hard one. He was nice enough but pretty cringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back