Game Day Round 2 v Lions, Friday 24 March, 7:50 pm @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

In seriousness I'm not too worried about the result. We played about as badly as we could have, just didn't look like it at all. We're obviously a better team than how we played tonight.

Max Gawn the worst part of it all. Fingers crossed its not an ACL.

If we were within 4 goals I'd give us a chance to come back if the game restarted. West Coast almost rolled us in 21 after the thunder delayed and we were all over them.
:eyes:

Ben Brown tied for the lead in the Coleman.

In seriousness I'm not too worried about the result. We played about as badly as we could have, just didn't look like it at all. We're obviously a better team than how we played tonight.

Max Gawn the worst part of it all. Fingers crossed its not an ACL.
This is how I'm taking it. I've flushed things down the toilet that I liked more than the game. Everyone was off.

Viney shocker, presume he and Fritsch will be better for the run.
May be time for the forward line to look to the future.
Obviously lost it in mids and clearances.
Harmes is a worry.
Slippery night, weird vibe, hopefully an outlier for us but also a wake-up call.
Last 11 minutes were kinda fun.

As laughable as it was at least we grabbed the % available. If a lowly team like WC can do it, the bare minimum is that we did as well

Back to finding positives in losses, ive missed that.

I'm not too worried about the result. We were just fumbly all night. Almost stole the game and we would've been undeserving winners.

Positives:
-Ben Brown hitting the scoreboard and playing well.
  • Trent Rivers I feel has been playing well the last 2 weeks. Especially with the ball being peppered inside their 50m every 30 seconds.
  • The fight. We didn't give up late in the last quarter and saved us percentage.
  • Chandler. He was quiet after quarter time but he worked hard.
  • Getting experience playing with a lot of outs.

Negatives:
  • Fumbly
  • No defensive pressure and didn't crack in. Especially the mids.
  • Gawn injury
  • Forwards getting outmarked.
  • Viney in the last minute.
  • Tackling IQ. You know Will Ashcroft throws his head back in most contests. He's done this his entire junior career. Tackle smarter.

Last edited:
Of course Jack Viney ****ed us, sums up the night well
Was watching with me chick and I already knew the final score, saw that last passage and my exact words to her were of course Viney ******* costs us the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back