Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do they have for a similar role?
Greene Daniels and Thomas?
Plus Bedford.

Competition for a spot in that forward line is ridiculous. Daniels dropped to sub after being in great form. No way I'd touch Daniels before he's on the bubble.

Timing might be now on getting in Green. Scores 159 and drops by $11k = BUY BUY BUY.

Not sure I can afford him, but.
Yep he's definitely bottoming out. Time to jump on.

I'm looking at boosting Cadman/Darcy/Sharp to Sweet/RGarcia or McAuliffe/Green.

Should leave enough to go one up one down the following the following weeks.

R9 - Dempsey/Mass to Rookie/Trac (or another mid)

R10 - Wilson/Graham to Rookie/Jackson

That will leave 3 rookies on field to be upgraded (Clohesy, HReid, Roberts) with 20 trades and 1 boost

It's still gonna depend on how the rooks go as far as who I trade out, but it'll be two of:

Wilson/Sanders/Dempsey/Sharp > Sweet and Green.

Hopefully get to keep Sharp for a bit at M9

Yep he's definitely bottoming out. Time to jump on.

I'm looking at boosting Cadman/Darcy/Sharp to Sweet/RGarcia or McAuliffe/Green.

Should leave enough to go one up one down the following the following weeks.

R9 - Dempsey/Mass to Rookie/Trac (or another mid)

R10 - Wilson/Graham to Rookie/Jackson

That will leave 3 rookies on field to be upgraded (Clohesy, HReid, Roberts) with 20 trades and 1 boost
I had forgotten McAuliffe.
He's totally an option next week

Thoughts on Newman from your mob?
His scoring has been down this year but with Saad out and Williams dying slowly can he get back to being a premo defender?
He's ok, but there's so many better defenders - why waste a spot on a non SP?

Will be a damn shame if Sweet goes down injured tonight and be replaced by Visentini next week who I think is the better ruckman out of the two.

Child Smile GIF

I like Jones, Hardeman and Simpson from this week's fresh rookies.
If all 3 perform I will have to go early on at least one.
You don't have too. It's ok to let a rookie go. The goal now should be picking the ones we think have the best chance of playing through the byes. Bound to be a week you need all your rookies playing.

Next week there will probably be another one or two must have rookies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Finlayson back next week affect Sweet at all?
Seymour made this point somewhere, but Port wouldn't have traded for both Soldo and Sweet if they were happy to use Finlayson as the back up. If Sweet is terrible then maybe, but you'd think it's his spot to lose until Soldo comes back.

Seymour made this point somewhere, but Port wouldn't have traded for both Soldo and Sweet if they were happy to use Finlayson as the back up. If Sweet is terrible then maybe, but you'd think it's his spot to lose until Soldo comes back.

Fair enough, too.

As limited as Sweet is, he is a genuine ruckman who absolutely dominates at VFL level and averages 21 hitouts at AFL level (despite often sharing the role).

Finlayson is rotating 2nd ruck at best. Even when he averaged 70-75%+ CBA attendance in the second half of 2022, he still only averaged about 8 hit outs a game, with a career high of 14 (and Port went on a losing streak, costing themselves finals).

Teams don't need dominant rucks but you can't play non-ruckmen who are not at least competitive and good enough to keep the opposing ruck honest. I see Visienti (or however you spell it) as more of a threat than Finlayson cos teams need an actual ruckman in the ruck (with all respect to Finalyson, who does 'ok' as a forward sometimes asked to ruck).

Think I might just grab Clarry and Parish next week and be done with it.

Mids finished.

Mid premo is at least 110+ average in my books.

I've had Clarry at M1 every season for yonks now but surely you would want to see him post a least one 110+ score before jumping on? He hasn't managed it all season and is averaging less than some of our "rookie" picks (e.g. Roberts, same as Mass, etc.)

Will Finlayson back next week affect Sweet at all?
Not at all.

Finlayson will have the occasional run in the ruck. It will be same set up from earlier in the season when Soldo was there.

Mid premo is at least 110+ average in my books.

I've had Clarry at M1 every season for yonks now but surely you would want to see him post a least one 110+ score before jumping on? He hasn't managed it all season and is averaging less than some of our "rookie" picks (e.g. Roberts, same as Mass, etc.)
I think clarry may be an option during the byes if he hits some form. I wouldn't be going hear him until then.
It's not just the return to form that's the issue. His reported drug issues will always be hanging over his head. He could get a 4 year ban smith style at any stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back