Review Round 7, 2024 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

My mate D_One was in town from Sydney and we had a chat about Boak before the game, and we watched him closely during the game and yes I know he came back from injury, but he looks like he's just about done.

His leg speed is still ok, but his reactions have slowed down, and he looks like old man Boak when he's trying to pick the ball up off the ground. Kicking for goal wont improve, but players are still passing it to him to have shots on goal. Kicked 2 points for the game and I think he had a 3rd shot that didn't make it, but we both said Boak wont kick this as he was having a ping on goal.

I have been following Port for 65 years and I have been trying to think of a more unreliable kick at goal than Mitch Georgiades. I can remember Randall Gerlach having a couple of bad days early in his career but Jack got to him and straightened that out. Georgiades has had the yips for several seasons and Hinkley and his crew have not sorted the problem out. There are no excuses for a forward missing from 25 metres out straight in front in perfect conditions. Mitch gets the ball OK but his finishing is not at AFL standard.

JACK Higgins has been suspended for three matches for his rough tackle on Aliir Aliir during Friday night's match.

JACK Higgins has been suspended for three matches for his rough tackle on Aliir Aliir during Friday night's match.
If I could have liked this 10 times I would've. If this was SPP the Vic cnuts would have been preparing the noose and organising the lynch mob but no, they were all trying to get him off. Fck em

I have been following Port for 65 years and I have been trying to think of a more unreliable kick at goal than Mitch Georgiades. I can remember Randall Gerlach having a couple of bad days early in his career but Jack got to him and straightened that out. Georgiades has had the yips for several seasons and Hinkley and his crew have not sorted the problem out. There are no excuses for a forward missing from 25 metres out straight in front in perfect conditions. Mitch gets the ball OK but his finishing is not at AFL standard.

Remember St John the Butcher?

1714201111592.jpeg

Didn't Jasper pittard kick like 20 points in a row or something

He had the yips for a season and 5 games. Has been accurate this year barring last night where he missed narrowly on a couple of occasions. To early to say whether he still has the yips or not.

Chad Cornes kicked 179.165 not counting shots that didn't make the distance or went out on the full so I would say he would go close to Mitch's 48% average. Mitch is only 22yo though.

I personally have poured heaps of scorn on Jones but last nights performance gives us doubters some hope that he can turn his form around and become an accomplished AFL player, perhaps not in the back lines as personally I would like his type of play be on show as a forward.
I was just wondering if he night get moved up forward in Peps role. We could use someone to put the wind up those outside half back types

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watched the last quarter this arvo and saw Chadbro down on the bench in the last quarter.

Has he permanently moved down there and letting Carr and Goldsack call the shots from the box? I guess he doesnt have to make too many moves in the forwardline given our current gameplan.

If I could have liked this 10 times I would've. If this was SPP the Vic cnuts would have been preparing the noose and organising the lynch mob but no, they were all trying to get him off. Fck em
Yes. Agree. Good call
The double standards and institutionalised racism in the footy media from scum like Ralph are sickening & disgusting.
Happy to hear Hodge talk some sense & the afl apply the appropriate sanction

Watched the last quarter this arvo and saw Chadbro down on the bench in the last quarter.

Has he permanently moved down there and letting Carr and Goldsack call the shots from the box? I guess he doesnt have to make too many moves in the forwardline given our current gameplan.
Been down on the bench for the last few weeks at the minimum l

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been down on the bench for the last few weeks at the minimum l
I knew he was down there the last home game, but didnt see him on the bench against collingwood.

Remember St John the Butcher?

View attachment 1972628

An already ungainly action exacerbated by hip problems and a snowballing lack of confidence.

Georgiades (and the myriad other forwards we’ve had who suddenly can’t execute basic skills when faced with a set shot) should be far more reliable than he is.

My mate D_One was in town from Sydney and we had a chat about Boak before the game, and we watched him closely during the game and yes I know he came back from injury, but he looks like he's just about done.

His leg speed is still ok, but his reactions have slowed down, and he looks like old man Boak when he's trying to pick the ball up off the ground. Kicking for goal wont improve, but players are still passing it to him to have shots on goal. Kicked 2 points for the game and I think he had a 3rd shot that didn't make it, but we both said Boak wont kick this as he was having a ping on goal.
I reckon he goes alright until half time then needs the back row with a tracksuit

An already ungainly action exacerbated by hip problems and a snowballing lack of confidence.

Georgiades (and the myriad other forwards we’ve had who suddenly can’t execute basic skills when faced with a set shot) should be far more reliable than he is.
Fun fact which came up during an argument on the main board with the hE cAnT kIcK iT fOr eM brigade.

Willie Rioli accuracy at West Coast: 69%. Willie Rioli accuracy at Port: 63%
Charlie Dixon accuracy at Gold Coast: 70%. Charlie Dixon accuracy at Port Adelaide: 61%
Jeremy Finlayson accuracy at GWS: 67%. Jeremy Finlayson accuracy at Port: 53%

Never fear though, I have been confidently assured that only a crazed Hinkley hating basement dweller would believe that this pattern could have anything to do with forward structure or mental preparation. After all, he can't kick it for 'em, can he?

John Butcher

He had the yips for a season and 5 games. Has been accurate this year barring last night where he missed narrowly on a couple of occasions. To early to say whether he still has the yips or not.

Chad Cornes kicked 179.165 not counting shots that didn't make the distance or went out on the full so I would say he would go close to Mitch's 48% average. Mitch is only 22yo though.

Mitch had a good 2021 in which he booted 32.17 but over the last three seasons he has kicked 43.41. It is not so much the number of set shots he misses but where he misses them from. Georgiades ought to have kicked at least 4.1 on Friday. That is not to put it all down to Mitch as other players also missed shots they should have kicked.

Chad Cornes made All Australian as a key defender but I doubt we will see Mitch moved back. Chad is the forward line coach so he is probably looking after the goal kicking practice. :rolleyes:

I wouldn’t say conditions were perfect, there was a reasonable SWly playing with the Southern end. Yes some shots were easily gettable, but both teams struggled down there.

Late April, hell my hands were freezing, a lot of players dropped balls like their hands were frozen also.

Mitch’s kicking has been fine this year, noticable improvement.

Was Rockcliff taking the piss there? Didn’t see the full cut

I was reflecting on the game against the Saints and it was a pretty listless affair all round. When you see Ross Lyon taking minutes to get back to the box at half time, you kinda feel his heart might not be in it and his presser seemed to reveal that.

But yes, I am wondering the impact that the media had on the players during the week.

There has been an ongoing battle between the coaches and team against the 'white noise' of the fans for a long time and the bone of contention has been that we are a soft, downhill skiing, flat track bullies and we've lost that Creed like attitude that got us all of those premierships and into the AFL.

For the first time in numbers, the mainstream AFL media started espousing similar ideas with readily available statistics of how we win against the lower sides but lose against the Top 4 sides. The white noise is not white noise anymore; the media agree with the fans. The team cannot glibly attack fans because the media have been allowed to talk about it openly. It is like an open secret and the media seem is a bit bored by our team.

We have become a stale, predictable headline and the only way the club can change the narrative is by winning big games against the top sides.

Our next six games are the contested Crows, Geelong away, two easy games against Hawthorn and the Kangaroos, then two tough games against the Blues and the Giants.

Mitch had a good 2021 in which he booted 32.17 but over the last three seasons he has kicked 43.41. It is not so much the number of set shots he misses but where he misses them from. Georgiades ought to have kicked at least 4.1 on Friday. That is not to put it all down to Mitch as other players also missed shots they should have kicked.

Chad Cornes made All Australian as a key defender but I doubt we will see Mitch moved back. Chad is the forward line coach so he is probably looking after the goal kicking practice. :rolleyes:
The last 3 seasons consists of 25 games and this season consists of 4 games. Before the St Kilda game had kicked 7.3 at 72.%. Is currently leading the GA% for our tall forwards with 53.3%.

He had an off night. IMO its too early to tell how his goal kicking accuracy is going to pan out this year based on 3 very good games and 1 poor game.

Chad was moved to defense largely because of his very poor goal kicking. Which is not to disparage the very good player he became.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back