Review Round 6, 2024 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Only watched the first quarter.

Butters looking excellent. Collingwood showed some good signs, might be a close one if we're not careful.

Absolutely resounding defeat.

A total and comprehensive vindication in those whom like me understand exactly where we sit and are not trying to delude ourselves with some sort of belief that something is going to change. Today showed us exactly the confirmation we all need. We will not be successful in any way in our current form.

The killer is just having to wait out another year or so of this until our club finally grows some balls and instigates change.

We don't win these games, we aren't up to it. We don't have the hardness, the discipline, the game style. We don't have gears, we are mentally fragile. We just have so many flaws that outweigh all the good. It's all well and good to look great and get all sorts of plaudits when downhill skiing, but when the heat is on we just don't stand up.

Last edited:
Absolutely resounding defeat.

A total and comprehensive vindication in those whom like me understand exactly where we sit and are not trying to delude ourselves with some sort of belief that something is going to change. Today showed us exactly the confirmation we all need. We will not be successful in any form in our current form.

The killer is just having to wait out another year or so of this until our club finally grows some balls and instigates change.

We don't win these games, we aren't up to it. We don't have the hardness, the discipline, the game style. We don't have gears, we are mentally fragile. We just have so many flaws that outweigh all the good. It's all well and good to look great and get all sorts of plaudits when downhill skiing, but when the heat is on we just don't stand up.
Oh Well its just another game. And another year. And another decade. Hope the next coach knows about winning the GF.

It must be nice to have a coach like Craig McRae that can actually change things up when things aren’t working at first and actually do something differently.

Last edited:
Best things about today:
1. first 20 minutes
2. JHF
3. Houston
4. Bergmann & Burgoyne in patches
5. Marshall & MG getting the ball, but leading to dumb positions and thus kicking from the boundary line too often.

That's it 👎😠🤕

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Review of the second ruck 'experiment':

Sweet and Soldo had a combined 13 touches (Soldo averages 11.4 on his own) and 4 marks
Sweet and Soldo kicked a combined 0.0
We lost the clearances
We got walloped in the centre clearances
We lost the game
And Soldo has played 94% gametime, so we didn't even succeed at giving him a rest.

An abject failure on every level, as it was always going to be. Turns out I'm not just some hysterical pessimist, I'm just a person who watches football and is capable of pattern recognition. Shoutout to everyone who tagged me in the changes thread like Sweet getting picked was some sort of win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back