Review Round 5, 2024 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Yup - he's what we wish McEntee could be.
Yes, he does this weird thing where he applies excellent defensive pressure but he also gets the ball and kicks goals. I was led to believe by the Jedheads that this wasn't possible.

Another textbook example of Hinkleyball. Jagged the win through a couple of individual efforts. The massive flaws will be papered over by a "gutsy" win. Ken is like a millstone around the team's neck, there'll be no success until he's gone. I wonder how good this side could be with a quality coach.
Give us a coach who believes in a Giants-like forward set up, and I reckon the sky is the limit for this group. In the meantime, we have to put up with Ken's "cure for insomnia" game plan.

Yes, he does this weird thing where he applies excellent defensive pressure but he also gets the ball and kicks goals. I was led to believe by the Jedheads that this wasn't possible.

I didn’t watch most of the game but man McEntee was abominable in the last 10 minutes or so.

Considering he was subbed off, I don't know how that's possible.

0 possessions…?

Ok I ****ed up, I watched a couple of 10 minute periods of the game and he was awful in one of them. 😂

10 Alex Pearce (FRE)
6 Luke Ryan (FRE)
5 Dan Houston (PORT)
4 Josh Treacy (FRE)
3 Aliir Aliir (PORT)
2 Caleb Serong (FRE)

When we're playing well and the game is on our terms - all our good attacking play and transition comes from Houston, Burton and Farrell overlapping. When you have 3 of them with that ability, it makes it very hard to shut down.

Williams isn't mobile enough to do that overlap. His ball use is quite good, but it's not as good as the other three. They can also kick it further and flatter.

So far this season, this was the first game that we haven't had on our own terms. If more often than not, we can get the game the way we want it - then this strategy makes sense.
I also like Burton and Farrell when we’re downhill skiing. How have they gone in the cauldron of finals or big games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps the coach. Other than Dixon, can you recall any other leads on the night?
Our players don’t lead, they stand there like statues.
Dixon can’t move and if you watch Todd he’s pretty stagnant.
The only one I’ve seen make a move is MG.
That’s why I’d like to see him and Lord as the two tall forwards.

Is the context 12 years of us not hitting up leading forwards?

Or is it 12 years of intercept defenders having career best games?
It was a reply to your direct reference to Hinkleys comments in the training video, where he was specifically talking about one particular type of play. That's the context. Nothing more.

I reckon dirty2 would be in much better shape than that bloke, no-one could work the hours he says he does and have love handles that big. :think:
I lost about 5kg during vintage... I'm about 180cm and 88 kilos at the moment... But I'm having a beer so will add a few kilos quick enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back