Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2011
MacDonald Park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, CDFC, MUFC, Redbacks
Been a while since both harbour-related teams have met in-form. Pretty simple, if we can play our usual game but take our chances in front of goal, then anything can happen. But there’s something about playing at home under lights…

3 posts in the match thread in more than an hour suggests a degree of trepidation at what we might see tonight - which is a sentiment I share. In order for Port to be taken seriously, we need to win games like this!!!

Jared polec and Robbie Gray to turn it on in the 4th and get us a character driven comeback win. Wait, this is the wrong year in my sports Almanac

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't complain too much about the match day thread atmosphere, it is the environment that has been created here.

Posters try to be positive, get shouted down with countless sack Hinkley replies and think Why bother.

I'm looking forward to the game, there's a lot to like about this Port team, that midfield is so deep and talented it can take on any team, tall defenders at last, and a good mix of talent up forward. Plus Soldo who is fun to watch in the ruck.

This should be a quality game after the dross of the past two nights, perfect conditions and two teams in strong form.

I expect Drew to put the clamps on Serong and the rest of our midfield to go to work.

Hinkley 6-0 v Freo at AO
Margins 46, 43, 50, 89, 69, 18. Avg margins 53.
Avg score 17.14 vs 9.9.

Disposals +72, +73, +81, +40, +55, -3. Avg +53
Tackles +16, +19, +19, +15, +22, +2. Avg +15
(Latest 2021 first, oldest 2014 last)

And of course, the noise of affirmation
Frees -6, -6, +6, +3, +3, +6. Avg +1

I wouldn't complain too much about the match day thread atmosphere, it is the environment that has been created here.

Posters try to be positive, get shouted down with countless sack Hinkley replies and think Why bother.

I'm looking forward to the game, there's a lot to like about this Port team, that midfield is so deep and talented it can take on any team, tall defenders at last, and a good mix of talent up forward. Plus Soldo who is fun to watch in the ruck.

This should be a quality game after the dross of the past two nights, perfect conditions and two teams in strong form.

I expect Drew to put the clamps on Serong and the rest of our midfield to go to work.

Should be a great test to see our midfield go head to head with another very strong midfield.

Hopefully dry Anus doesn’t get a hold of us up forward, kid has real talent

Bloody well said!

Yeah I agree but .. even if I'm one of the Hinkley sucks and I blame him for everything posters.

Freo games are ugly as hell to watch, that probably puts a dampener on things.

I'm expecting an ugly, stodgy, low scoring match where we kick it to Alex Pearce 100 times and scrape in by 2 or 3 goals, just because Freo aren't very good.

Should be a great test to see our midfield go head to head with another very strong midfield.

Hopefully dry Anus doesn’t get a hold of us up forward, kid has real talent
Differing sample sizes, but Butters Rozee JHF have not had great early form against Freo. Will be a breakout game for them I hope.

Wines and Boak do the heavy lifting each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back