Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buget

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There was no preview thread, probably as we were all getting over what ever that was last night.

One thing for sure, if Port play like that against Collingwood, it will be over at quarter time. Collingwood can not be as bad as their ladder position suggests, may be a premiership hang over, may be some aging players coming of their game, but one thing for sure is you have to treat them with significant respect.

The transition forward and wining the midfield will be key for Port. As the Freo and Melbourne game has shown (and we all knew), the bomb it to the square game does not work. Port with 3 quality tall marking forwards, eyes need to lower and leads need to be made.

One thing for sure is you can’t ruck Wines or SPP against Cox and Cameron. I can’t see them resting Dixon this week and no Finlayson means a bit of a hole exists. (Standing by for the weekly “pick Sweet” discussion).

Collingwood is coming off the bye, so should have fresher legs, but not sure if the really matters this early in the season. Port have some bruised players after last night, namely Dixon (ankle) and BZT (shoulder).

My team, pending injuries:
- McEntee out for Sweet. Dixon has 1 leg and needs to be looked after until Lord is ready.
- If Boak is ready, Mead/Burgoyne may find their way out, not that they have done much wrong (Boak to sub could work as well).

Posted this in the other thread. We got lucky and land in what is likely 3rd spot at the end of this round. We've leapfrogged Sydney, Carlton and Melbourne on the back of that win.

As I said during the week. Tonight meant zero really, yes we had to win, yes we should have won, but the key game for us is this week against Collingwood. If we are going to go anywhere, or prove we can actually achieve anything, this is the most important game of the year for us.

I know it is a big statement to hype it up like a GF, but far out, the coaching staff and everyone involved need to build it up massively internally and have every player on the absolute edge. If we want to win a GF, and we want to be classed as a serious contender, you must win at the G, and you must knock off the other contenders in that environment.

Reality is, we know what we'll dish up. Another scrappy ineffectual performance where Collingwood's heat will get to us, but if the club want to be taken seriously, and for us supporters to even start to show any confidence in the team, these are the games you must win.

If BZT is injured, then McKenzie comes in to save the day. Not sure how they'll squeeze Boak in, but he should also come back.

IN: Boak
OUT: McEntee (I think they'll drop Mead though)

Posted this in the other thread. We got lucky and land in what is likely 3rd spot at the end of this round. We've leapfrogged Sydney, Carlton and Melbourne on the back of that win.

As I said during the week. Tonight meant zero really, yes we had to win, yes we should have won, but the key game for us is this week against Collingwood. If we are going to go anywhere, or prove we can actually achieve anything, this is the most important game of the year for us.

I know it is a big statement to hype it up like a GF, but far out, the coaching staff and everyone involved need to build it up massively internally and have every player on the absolute edge. If we want to win a GF, and we want to be classed as a serious contender, you must win at the G, and you must knock off the other contenders in that environment.

Reality is, we know what we'll dish up. Another scrappy ineffectual performance where Collingwood's heat will get to us, but if the club want to be taken seriously, and for us supporters to even start to show any confidence in the team, these are the games you must win.

If BZT is injured, then McKenzie comes in to save the day. Not sure how they'll squeeze Boak in, but he should also come back.

IN: Boak
OUT: McEntee (I think they'll drop Mead though)
It didn't mean 'zero'. That's just rubbish. If you think this means zero then everything must mean zero.

It's not like we scraped over the line against North Melbourne. We beat arguably one of the most in form teams in the comp.These are the types of games you need to win to make top 4 and we did it.

Port to lose, Ken to say 'we've got a long way to go to be anything like the Collingwood Football Club' even though we went into the game ten ladder positions above them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heading over for this game. Question, do any of you guys know what sections open up to GA public later in the week? Currently us only level 3 available.

Out: Butters (suspended)
In: McEntee (after not playing this week it's time to unleash him in the Butters midfield dynamo role)
Butters will not get suspended. But Fox has now posted about it, and he plays for Port.

But it was also against Freo, a team the AFL doesn’t care about…. So anything is possible.

I would play Visentini before Sweet simply because he has some forward craft (not much granted but some) and the ball on the ground doesn't appear to be made of mist to him.

Think Dante is playing for a spot today in the sanfl. Just take a few marks forward and kick a couple of goals.

Butters should not be getting looked at but it’s Port and he could get 3 weeks.

Ben Dixon was doing everything he could to hang him out to try in the post-game show on fox last night. Still hates Port for all the times we flogged him in the 2000s
Kornes said that neither him or Matt Crouch should get suspended which I'd say I agree with. Both had their eyes on the ball.

It didn't mean 'zero'. That's just rubbish. If you think this means zero then everything must mean zero.

It's not like we scraped over the line against North Melbourne. We beat arguably one of the most in form teams in the comp.These are the types of games you need to win to make top 4 and we did it.
We as supporters gained zero from beating a middle table side like Freo, at home, where we should be winning those. Ultimately we got super lucky, after nearly performing another Saturday night Hinkley special, where we really only fluked the win in the dying seconds.

If the club and Hinkley are to prove anything and justify any element of investment from much of the supporter base that had Adelaide Oval sounding like a funeral for 3 quarters last night, then these are the games that means something to that progression.

We as supporters gained zero from beating a middle table side like Freo, at home, where we should be winning those. Ultimately we got super lucky, after nearly performing another Saturday night Hinkley special, where we really only fluked the win in the dying seconds.

If the club and Hinkley are to prove anything and justify any element of investment from much of the supporter base that had Adelaide Oval sounding like a funeral for 3 quarters last night, then these are the games that means something to that progression.
Freo aren't a middle of the table side. Coming into the game they were 3/1, probably should have been 4/0 and had knocked off the previous years grand finalists and were within a bees dick of knocking off the much vaunted Carlton. They are a genuine top 4 chance if they can string together home wins.

Their start to the year has been far more impressive than Collingwood that's for sure.

If you have zero investment then I have some advice for you. Stop investing so much time into bitxhing about the club and do something else.

Think Dante is playing for a spot today in the sanfl. Just take a few marks forward and kick a couple of goals.

Yep the microscope is out again to find some act to critique if a port player can be targeted. Usually when we are doing well . Another team becomes just football accident and no comment made. Rioli last year was scrutinized and spent plenty of time watching from the sidelines.

Freo aren't a middle of the table side. Coming into the game they were 3/1, probably should have been 4/0 and had knocked off the previous years grand finalists and were within a bees dick of knocking off the much vaunted Carlton. They are a genuine top 4 chance if they can string together home wins.
They won't make finals. Bookmark it and tell me I'm wrong in September if I am. I won't be.

Their start to the year has been far more impressive than Collingwood that's for sure.

If you have zero investment then I have some advice for you. Stop investing so much time into bitxhing about the club and do something else.
How about the club comes out and actually wins a game like this and justifies the halt in bitching. You're illustrating my point about being invested. Apart from a few naive RCG wearers, the majority of our supporter base would expect us to lose this week and will have forgotten about beating a mediocre Fremantle by the time they miss the 8 at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back