Game Day Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Friday 26 April, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have FA firepower so I'm imagining we lock this down like a prison riot. 3.6 to 1.3 at three quarter time until the dam wall breaks and we lose by 8 goals or an early touch up where we get down by 8 goals and bravely fight back to lose by 8 points in the last 20 minutes.

No expectations for tonight, just want to turn up and play our way. Take risks and move the ball, don't care if it comes back over our heads a dozen times - it does that when we go ultra--conservative and mess around with it until we turn it over anyway.

Most importantly I want to see no injuries. Our fixture will start to 'open up' soon with some home games coming up and key players starting to return from injury. Need to be ready to have a serious crack in the 2nd half of the season if it's not to be a complete waste.

Have to say, although it's going to cause some short term pain, I do love seeing these new kids out there getting games early. Gives us our best chance to develop them and invest in the future.

Last edited:
No expectations for tonight, just want to turn up and play our way. Take risks and move the ball, don't care if it comes back over our heads a dozen times - it does that when we go ultra--conservative and mess around with it until we turn it over anyway.

Most importantly I want to see no injuries. Our fixture will start to 'open up' soon with some home games coming up and key players starting to return from injury. Need to be reay to have a serious crack in the 2nd half of the season if it's not to be a complete waste.

Have to say, although it's going to cause some short term pain, I do love seeing these new kids out there getting games early. Gives us our best chance to develop them and invest in the future.
Hopefully there'll be a period where all 3 draftees are on the ground. And Collard next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put Zaine Cordy at full-forward and let him lead us to the promise land. Can feel it in my loins.

We got a four quarter effort last week. It might have been zero effort but at least we got four quarters of it.
Good Looking Hugh Laurie GIF

Looked unbalanced last week. Look even more unbalanced this week. Hopefully there’s some positional changes…. And not just Cordy forward or battle in the midfield for some reason.
I reckon we've been playing one tall forward too many and one key defender short so I don't mind the balance this week, would rather a bit more pressure up forward though.

Ross would pick 23 defenders this week if he could.

Don't even need Robbie Gray to come out of retirement to work some last minute magic, we won't even be in the game by that point.

Most importantly I want to see no injuries. Our fixture will start to 'open up' soon with some home games coming up and key players starting to return from injury. Need to be ready to have a serious crack in the 2nd half of the season if it's not to be a complete waste.

Yeah feels about right. Just need to try to bring some kind of momentum out of the game. Basically just try to avoid a flogging.

Last week our pressure rating was the lowest for the season.
I expect a much better effort tonight but in the words of Jack Reacher, " I'm hoping for the best but I'm planning for the worst".

They beat us across every line, mentally preparing myself for an absolute flogging.

Dilate, lubricate and think of England. Anything better than 6 goal loss feels like win when you expect the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back