Autopsy Round 7, 2024 : Hawks get pecked by Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Chol is copping vitriol because his opponent (McCartin) took god knows how many contested marks against him as though he was competing with thin air. I don't think anyone believes big Mabs is the second coming of Stewart Loewe but someone of his height and athleticism should have a physical presence. He was uncompetitive today which is almost the worst thing you can say about a footballer imo.
As for the skin colour aspect Frost has copped it more than anyone on this forum and his complexion is...(checks colour chart) dulux antique white
He also wound everybody up earlier giving away that stupid free kick that cost Hardwick a goal.

The worry is that Hardwick hasn’t signed, he would carve it up in a top 4 team.
Showed frustration tonight, if he got an offer from a club in their premiership window I wouldn’t be surprised if he left if we dish up this s**t.
Would be shattered but couldn’t blame him, we fumbled against North, they were just worse. Imagine the Gold Coast and Sydney games were back to back.
We started well but they just looked the better team, I can deal with that, but then we just capitulated.
They targeted Chol physically and verbally and not only did he not have his team mates get around him, but then copped Bronx cheers from our supporters, really felt for the bloke and was disgusted.

Next week changes:

Out: Gunston, Finn, Serong, Macdonald, Ramsden
In: Lewis, Hustwaite, Phillips, Ward, Massimo

- Nash as the sub- Ward takes his midfield minutes

- If Lewis doesn’t get up- Ramsden stays in

- Phillips must be in- we’re gonna need tall defenders against the dogs forwards

B Mitchell Frost Scrimshaw
HB Sicily Phillips Impey (on thin ice)
C Amon Newcombe Morrison
HF Moore Lewis/Ramsden Weddle
F Ginnivan Chol Hardwick
R Meek Worpel Day
Int Massimo Ward Mackenzie Hustwaite
Sub Nash

Last edited:

Next week changes:

Out: Chol/Ramsden, Finn, Serong, Macdonald
In: Lewis, Hustwaite, Phillips, Ward

Nash as the sub

Yeh nah lol.

Chol is not getting the cut before Gunston.

The worry is that Hardwick hasn’t signed, he would carve it up in a top 4 team.
Showed frustration tonight, if he got an offer from a club in their premiership window I wouldn’t be surprised if he left if we dish up this s**t.
Would be shattered but couldn’t blame him, we fumbled against North, they were just worse. Imagine the Gold Coast and Sydney games were back to back.
We started well but they just looked the better team, I can deal with that, but then we just capitulated.
They targeted Chol physically and verbally and not only did he not have his team mates get around him, but then copped Bronx cheers from our supporters, really felt for the bloke and was disgusted.
Dimma won’t leave…

Chol copping a lot and he was poor today - (that free kick in the 1st was unforgivable) but he really was setup to fail with our lack of tall forward support.. no wonder he got frustrated…
Sydney defenders just peeled off their player and cut his space and intercepted every time- we really needed to play Ramsden from the start at least he could provide another tall target for us to force Swans defenders to be accountable in the air…

Last edited:
He doesn't deserve it (most people are correctly sticking up for him) but it is what seems to happen to KPF recruits that don't set the world on fire immediately especially if they give away stupid free kicks that cost us a goal. OBrien, Kozzie, Vickery, Gunston now all copped the same treatment.

I think he is going to turn out to be a great pick up once we get the right structure and fix our game plan - he might look like he is casual sometimes but he is putting in more effort than most.

Hoping to see something like this soon and think Chol will prove damaging in it

Moore Lewis Ginnivan
Watsob Deer Chol

Wingard on bench.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chol already matched vickery 6 games with 8 goals not 2.

Next week changes:

Out: Chol/Ramsden, Finn, Serong, Macdonald
In: Lewis, Hustwaite, Phillips, Ward

Nash as the sub

Lewis in the side? Pfftt. Surely a jest. Sammy said he's having scans Monday. If you're having knee scans Monday, it's hard to imagine you're playing the next weekend.

Chol needs to stay. He isn't as bad as ppl while about. Like lots of what he brings. Hard role when no other talks down there and Gunston offering zero. Sadly.

Deflection, maybe himself, who knows. You still didn't name one player?
You didn't read my point. I said earlier that the criticism I heard today was that Chol was too easily moved off the ball in a body on body contest, which I will keep an eye on.
The instances you talk of where he got to hurt the oppo happened when he had a free run to fly at the ball and used his knee to take the mark. Bit different when you are not given a free run at it and you have to wrestle for position.
And although its nice to take out an opponent , its not going to happen every week and its not the point.
Personally that free against him as Hardwick was kicking for goal was infuriating . That was a moment you could look back on and say it deflated us .

Dimma won’t leave…

Chol copping a lot and he was poor today - (that free kick in the 1st was unforgivable) but he really was setup to fail with our lack of tall forward support..
Sydney defenders just peeled off their player and cut his space and intercepted every time- we really needed to play Ramsden from the start at least he could provide another tall target for us to force Swans defenders to be accountable…
Hope you’re right re Dimma.

Didn’t see the Chol incident, don’t recall a replay, he was targeted from the get go, disappointed he didn’t get a bit more support from his team mates, but when I think about who would come in to back him, I’m scratching my head and that is the problem. We are soft, our hardest player is our captain, and due to the bullshit suspensions he’s afraid to play his natural game.

Besides Sic, maybe Dimma. Outside of that we are far from an intimidating side.

Finn was busy trying to tag the Lizard who was pulling his pants down at the same time.
So why not try tag Gulden instead. There's a distinct lack of ability to change the plan when its not working

Also we need to work on our goal kicking - just not good enough at this level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why not try tag Gulden instead. There's a distinct lack of ability to change the plan when its not working

Also we need to work on our goal kicking - just not good enough at this

gulden lizard Warner Heeney.

If I was putting any time into the swans these are the 4 that will slice you up and you need so much planning into them and match ups that understand what is going on.

Even today we continually let the Lizard chip it 15 and run past again to receive without anyone picking him up or actually blocking him. Crazy.

RE: Chol, the guy can play, its just frustrating that he only shows glimpses of what he could be. His goal from outside 50 last week was great, and he could and should have kicked another one today from outside 50. He gets enough of the ball and he is capable of kicking 3 or 4 goals on his day when he gets it right. Also when he is getting good delivery. Its just it seems that so many times he is about to grab a mark and he spills it. I think its a lack of concentration but something the coaches should be working on with him week in and week out as well as positioning, knowing when to lead etc. I think we need to look at what he does bring to the table for now, and be patient and wait until we have Lewis and some of the other forwards back before making too harsh of a judgement call. Id much rather have him than Kosi in the side.

Cant wait for Moore to be captain. Was our best today and will be a great leader for this club.
So this is evidence of how things change across 3-4 seasons. Remember Moorey was one game away from papers stamped, … but survived and now is being touted as captaincy material and is regularly among our best in a young side. With hard work, we can see much of our young crop similarly flourish … but give them more seasons. All about patience.

So this is evidence of how things change across 3-4 seasons. Remember Moorey was one game away from papers stamped, … but survived and now is being touted as captaincy material and is regularly among our best in a young side. With hard work, we can see much of our young crop similarly flourish … but give them more seasons. All about patience.

Really good point. All those throwing CMac, Ward, etc. off the list right now should remember this.

It's time to make changes when we get smashed like this. Something like this for me

In Wingard, Phillips, Dear, Lewis

B Phillips Frost Mitchell
Day Scrim Sicily

C Amon Newcombe Moore

Mids Meek Worpel Mckenzie

Forward line
Ginnivan Lewis Weddell
Dear Chol Hardwick

Inter Finn, Hustwaite, Chad, Impey

Sub Nash

Sicily looks out of condition and was stuffed in the last quarter
And he shouldn’t be, he doesn’t get out of second gear for most of the game. Even going to toss the coin, looks like an inconvenience to him. Would have to be the most disappointing captain we have ever had. Not talking talent wise, the bloke just does not come across as a leader.

It's time to make changes when we get smashed like this. Something like this for me

In Wingard, Phillips, Dear, Lewis

B Phillips Frost Mitchell
Day Scrim Sicily

C Amon Newcombe Moore

Mids Meek Worpel Mckenzie

Forward line
Ginnivan Lewis Weddell
Dear Chol Hardwick

Inter Finn, Hustwaite, Chad, Impey

Sub Nash
Chad probably needs a couple more weeks, Breust might be an option to come back.
I’d be happy for both Dear and Phillips to be given a taste.
And Lewis is a definite in if fit.

gulden lizard Warner Heeney.

If I was putting any time into the swans these are the 4 that will slice you up and you need so much planning into them and match ups that understand what is going on.

Even today we continually let the Lizard chip it 15 and run past again to receive without anyone picking him up or actually blocking him. Crazy.
Who is the lizard ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back