Game Day Round 6, 2024: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 18 April, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the same Dogs group that lost to West Coast last year and hasn't shown much since, at this point I'm not convinced there is a fuse to be lit.

Agree re Sharman he needs to start performing. The coaching staff are moving him around to get him into the game, but even then he is not getting near it. He is too much a one trick pony mark & kick beyond that he is really poor agility and below his knees.

For me its only because there is no one else ready to fill his position that he wasnt replaced.

Hopefully he can start sticking a few marks and converting them tonight.

Last edited:
Bloke should focus on getting six disposals first.

I'm pretty worried about his development. He just doesn't have any presence or competitive fight. When was the last time he made a good lead inside 50? The majority of his marks are floating into packs. Fumbles way too much as well.

His football smarts and his elusiveness, the things that caught the eye when he first came in, haven't been around for a while.

He still has time but he is going to find himself stuck in the twos very soon with Hammer showing something and Hayes getting closer.
And you are talking about the guy who was one of the few to step up in the final last season. Seriously need to back off him.

And you are talking about the guy who was one of the few to step up in the final last season. Seriously need to back off him.
Yeah he played well in that match but that doesn't change any of the facts mentioned in this thread.

Dan Butler has performed at an All Australian level for us before. Zak Jones has had multiple 30-plus possession games and looked like a good midfielder. Neither are immune to criticism or being dropped also.

If we want to be an elite team, you can't really carry too many players and right now we are carrying Sharman.

I'm not writing him off but he really needs to start heading in a positive direction because I'm not seeing that at the moment.

It's the same for Butler, Hayes & Jones. They need time to find their best from long injury lay-offs. The next in the firing line with you guys will be Dow. I can guarantee it.

As we know anything can happen in sport, but...............! Bevo and the Dogs have been struggling for a couple of years now despite having list that should have them doing a lot better than they are. I can't see that changing in one game, that is, tonight!! Their morale is shot and as our dear leader RTB has said, you can't just flick the switch.

I actually don't really care about the Dogs switch, I just want ours to go on for 4 quarters.

For once we get prime time and it's on a bloody Thursday so it confuses people. Damn you AFL!
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN
too used to having my Sunday arvo ruined, now it could be the whole weekend

yea
It's the same for Butler, Hayes & Jones. They need time to find their best from long injury lay-offs. The next in the firing line with you guys will be Dow. I can guarantee it.
lol
yep, Paddy Dow will be in for a Paddy-Whack. Let's remember or ask, why was it that he was dropped at least twice at Carlton and kept piling up stats in the ressies. It seemed that Mr Voss really didn't get with the Wow of the Dow.

It will be a big ask with the media noise around the Dogs and after a 5 day break. But if the last 15 minutes of last week is indicitive of what we look like in form, then we should be ok.

Saints by 20.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloke should focus on getting six disposals first.

I'm pretty worried about his development. He just doesn't have any presence or competitive fight. When was the last time he made a good lead inside 50? The majority of his marks are floating into packs. Fumbles way too much as well.

His football smarts and his elusiveness, the things that caught the eye when he first came in, haven't been around for a while.

He still has time but he is going to find himself stuck in the twos very soon with Hammer showing something and Hayes getting closer.

He hasn't been amazing this season but here are the disposal tallys:
14 (7 contested)
11 (6 contested)
8 (3 contested)
17 (11 contested)
4 (2 contested)

Lets hope for a bit more of games 1,2 and 4

too used to having my Sunday arvo ruined, now it could be the whole weekend

They just don't want to give us Friday, so given Thursday is named after Thor and the Doggies once had a Thor inspired jumper, the stars align that the AFL want them to win.

You heard it here first, collusion for this specific match!

may of may not be actuality, just a coincidence I am sure

Obviously tonight is not going to be a sell out Ive had no interest from anyone wanting to buy the tickets.

Be a shame they are not used so giving them away for FREE -

4 x adult tickets for sale for the Saints vs Bulldogs game 18th April all seated together Level 2 Row E seats 63-66.

Tickets are now taken....
Name and shame the cheapskate poster who wouldn't buy the tickets of a fellow Saint but we're happy to get freebies!

I think any time King is out of the side short-term, then the marking forwards in the team should be on notice. Last time no one came out when King returned.

I don't think you can play all three of Hayes, Caminiti and King in the team, and perhaps two is a stretch.

Having said that, Sharman would want to have a good game tonight. Dan Butler too.
Sharman should be our permanent FF even when King comes back. He is the only tall in our team who can kick accurately. He may on

Generally, clubs under the pump hit hard for the first quarter or two.
It’s about managing that period. Matching and then being ready for one big swing back which should knock them out.

Like RTB said, emotion doesn't get it done, it might work for a quarter or two but it's system and workrate that gets it done over 4 quarters.

We have the Dogs covered for system and workrate so even if they come out fired up and get the jump on us early we should be able to overrun them, we nearly overran GWS last week and their system and workrate is a lot better than the Dogs.

We need to take the Dogs down to the deep end tonight and see if they can swim or doggy paddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back