Prediction Rd 8 Changes v Tigs Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t be rushing Switta anyway.

That move down the wing and those side steps from Simpson. Just keep him there.

Emmet would be the one I would drop but even he contributed especially late.

I'm curious at to what JOM's role has been generally, it's obvious he's valued by the team and despite all the classic "he must have photos" or it's because we invested too much / he's in the leadership team / etc. the far more likely answer is it just escapes the attention of the average fan.

I don't notice it much during the game, but he must be offering the team something.

After an awesome hard fought win, the selection committee will resort back to the norm so that we can all melt
In: Hughes, Taberner, Sturt
Out: Draper, Simpson, Voss
Sub: fyfe

I know I’ve already said this twice in different threads but other than “the contest” the number one thing we have been said (by the coach) to need to improve is our connection with the forwards.

Simpson had 1 goal assist and 4 scoring involvements from 6 possessions. His kicking inside 50 was excellent and the one he weighted over the defenders to reach Voss on the far side and the chip to Banfield after taking 30 meters with a bounce were perfect.

He brings what we most need to score more. Pretty much everything else about our game is solid. Pace, dare, vision, decision making & the class to execute is our biggest deficit & he has it all.
People are getting very carried away. He showed good signs, but some on here are acting like he’s the 2nd coming and was one of our best.

For perspective, 13 Freo players had more than 4 score involvements last night. He went on with 10 minutes (game time) left in the first, so on average he might have got to 5 SI’s.

The only forward with less was Emmett with 2. Other forwards had 5-8 (Brayshaw 11, Fyfe 10 were top)

Oh and the other forwards scored (except Emmett). So he didn’t really “bring what we most need to score more”.

Bias is real.

I'm curious at to what JOM's role has been generally, it's obvious he's valued by the team and despite all the classic "he must have photos" or it's because we invested too much / he's in the leadership team / etc. the far more likely answer is it just escapes the attention of the average fan.

I don't notice it much during the game, but he must be offering the team something.
i was keeping an eye out for him during the centre bounces and he was mostly on a wing from what i noticed with some rotations forward (out of the goal square a few times) before the backline injuries where he was pretty exclusively off the half back after that

Just realised that we after we play Richmond we have a 5 day turnaround and travel before our game vs Sydney on Friday. I think if anyone is a bit iffy then we don't risk them for Richmond. Also perfect game to manage Walters.
It’s not ideal, but not too bad - we have an 8 day break then 5 day.

Sydney have back to back 6 day breaks which I think is worse, clubs tend to complain about that more.

Baffles me that people are still saying Young to go back for cover. IT AIN'T HAPPENING. Time to see Young as a pure mid, he is no longer a defender.

I can see Walters being rested for the away game and Simpson staying in.

I do like Walters.

But if it's near the end of his career, make him play the Pavlich role in his final season.

Let him play the Perth home games. Rest him for the away games.

If we make finals, let him play every final .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are getting very carried away. He showed good signs, but some on here are acting like he’s the 2nd coming and was one of our best.

For perspective, 13 Freo players had more than 4 score involvements last night. He went on with 10 minutes (game time) left in the first, so on average he might have got to 5 SI’s.

The only forward with less was Emmett with 2. Other forwards had 5-8 (Brayshaw 11, Fyfe 10 were top)

Oh and the other forwards scored (except Emmett). So he didn’t really “bring what we most need to score more”.

Bias is real.

Please tell me the other players on our list that would have pulled off the first sidestep & handball to Brayshaw, the perfect chip over the top to Banfield at full pace after a bounce & the 40M cross over the defender to land perfectly with Voss.

It’s his first game, he didn’t have big numbers but everything he did was gold.

And yeah, players that can kick lace out to forwards are exactly what we need. Forward connection.

He wasn’t one of our best by the numbers but the things he did were done better than almost anyone else could have done them.

It’s the sort of potential you nurture as quickly as possible up to the level. In my opinion.

Please tell me the other players on our list that would have pulled off the first sidestep & handball to Brayshaw, the perfect chip over the top to Banfield at full pace after a bounce & the 40M cross over the defender to land perfectly with Voss.

It’s his first game, he didn’t have big numbers but everything he did was gold.

And yeah, players that can kick lace out to forwards are exactly what we need. Forward connection.

He wasn’t one of our best by the numbers but the things he did were done better than almost anyone else could have done them.

It’s the sort of potential you nurture as quickly as possible up to the level. In my opinion.
I hear ya. I couldn't believe what I was reading.

5 day break into Sydney on way back

Would you consider managing a couple

In
Swit
Worner
Amiss
Davies

Out
Jackson (managed)
Walters (managed)
Draper (inj)
Walters (managed)

Though I’d prob manage Walter’s for Collingwood

Not enough love for Voss outside of acknowledging his one goal.

His positioning is fantastic, he commits to bullying/shoving the ball carrier down no matter what. He can take a mark, run and I reckon he'll become a dead eye in front of goal.

Voss to me is an absolute essential in.
I like all you said there but who misses out if Amiss is fit?

JOM - 1 tackle, 8 pressure acts, zero clearances , 97 metres gained . Not a high standard that is a pass mark, but probably better than last week. Not sure what his role is now!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He looked to have kept the Dogs' most influential player mostly quiet.

Not enough love for Voss outside of acknowledging his one goal.

His positioning is fantastic, he commits to bullying/shoving the ball carrier down no matter what. He can take a mark, run and I reckon he'll become a dead eye in front of goal.

Voss to me is an absolute essential in.
Yes, he brings a certain uumph to the side and isn't lacking confidence.

He looked to have kept the Dogs' most influential player mostly quiet.

It wasn’t a tag, he was assigned with manning him when Bont pushed forward in the 2nd half, first half it appeared Chapmans role but was shifted off him.

I watched a bit of the replay, JOM worked into defense during first quarter and participated in some clearances from defensive 50 which was nice. He also loves the 6-8m loopy handball which wasn’t so nice. He was serviceable, but for his contract length, contract price, opportunity cost - moved on Acres, he’s been a list management blunder. You don’t give 500k / yr 4 year contracts for serviceable.

He’s right on the cusp of the 23 for mine. Personally I’d like him out of the team, unless he’s playing HBF. As a wing or HFF he’s too far down the line because he doesn’t cover the territory required at the pace needed. Walters I would guess covers more ground at quicker pace and everyone is worrying about his longevity though Saturday he looked good. JOM might be better suited to a HBF as HBF don’t need to do massive km’s as long as they can kick.

HBF - Clark, Chapman, Aish or Walker 3rd, JOM or Worner 5th for mine, Wagner

Wing - Sharp, Banfield (wtf who would of thought), NOD, Frederick, Aish, Worner / Wagner, Stanley, JOM, Williams

HFF - Frederick, Switkowski, Emmett, Walters, Simpson, Stanley, JOM, Delean

He’s on a road to nowhere IMO…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back