Prediction Rd 5 Changes vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

A nice little boost to get a bit more team chemistry away from their home surroundings.

I reckon Freo are a chance to knock over Port Adelaide on their home patch this weekend. Id imagine would have to put a tag on Rozee? Not sure who is the best player equipped to do that.....Dont think Dockers can do what the Bombers did and he let him roam free around midfield.
If we’re going to tag anyone I’d rather it was Horne-Francis. Maybe not as showy as the other two but much more important setting up their plays.

If we’re going to tag anyone I’d rather it was Horne-Francis. Maybe not as showy as the other two but much more important setting up their plays.
butters is the one to tag if freo want to win, teams who put the cooler on butters win, melbourne did it a couple weeks ago, richmond did it for a half and were up, then they let the tag go and butters had 13 touches,4 clearences and 3 goal assists in the 3rd qtr and won us the game. watching port last year this common trend was evident.

Last edited:
I think our forward line is going to look very pedestrian with Switta and Freddy out and Son Son looking a bit out of sorts.

Left field but I would think Jack Delean is exactly the type of player we need in our forward line.

A couple of runs he did yesterday showed great run and carry and he has the X factor.

Yes he is light and obviously not quite the finished player yet but sometimes those types rise to the occasion when playing in a better side.

He is from SA and would relish playing at Adelaide oval.

I would play him and tell him to not try and take high flying marks but get around the feet of the big blokes.

He knows where the goals are and from what I have seen he does chase and tackle.

I do think we have a player there but we are very conservative with our team selection so probably wouldn't happen.
I thought it was looking quite pedestrian even with Freddie and Switta in, still we haven't got anyone better. Wouldn't be surprised if Fred was playing injured.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

dont think our talls have really been an issue the last few weeks tbh, tabs has made some great impact with his pressure the last couple weeks, treacy has been impactful around the ground, amiss has been ok but missing shots on goal he should be kicking really. the small forwards really let us down this week imo, obvs walters was very quiet and saads impact grew throughout the game as he could ran off him with ease. freddy does not take the chances he should, switta has never been a goal kicker but the same for him. not sure why theyre so scared of actually taking a shot at goal.
You must be kidding about Tabs, he had 4 touches against 21 for Weitering , Alir Alir will have a picnic

What can we learn and improve from the preseason hitout we had with them.. if any..

Think the two backs alir and ratugolea were having a field day taking intercepting marks

If Delean plays this year then we must have 20 on the injury list, he was so far from AFL level in the preseason on all facets, fitness, positioning, conditioning, impact, awareness etc

He does have talent though and all of the above will come in time, (DW this isn't a writing him off post). He needs a solid year of AFL training and WAFL league footy, then a full pre season next year before he is a chance of being selected IMO

I think he has the tools to make it but needs time, he was a raw pick, we can't be rushing him.

What did he say?

Chappy numbers look good on paper and he’s very versatile. Move him forward to cover for Freddy and he’s good in the air. Very handy.

In: Chappy, JOM
Out: Freddy, Switta
Sub: Johnson

Chappy has been out a long time, he'll have at least 1 more run in the WAFL.

There's a couple of homophobic words that were common in the 80's and 90's but totally unacceptable now. Guessing he used one of those words, probably the one in Dire Straits Money For Nothing.

Gther round is an additional round. and it only a short trip to adelaide. be terrible if gather round was in sydeny or brisbane.

Now that the AFL seems to want to lock in Gather round forever in Adelaide. WA goverment should now lobby the AFL to get a 24th Game with two gather rounds per year, one in adelaide early in year , and one in perth later in year.

Let Adelaide have gather round, can't see WA having the same appeal when it's a 4 hour flight and $400 each way just to get here from Victoria.

They'll find a way to balance the fixtures next year, maybe both WA teams play away games at Optus over Easter so we go back to playing 10 interstate games.

Chappy played a full game. I would go Chappy as sub on limited minutes and he is versatile.

JOM takes a fwd spot and I would back in Johnson one more time to play in Swittas role or plays wing and banners moves fwd.

The other possible is Darcy for Tabs.

Switta, Freddy and Tabs out

JOM, Erasmus and Darcy. Chappy Sub

Picking a sub with the plan to play limited minutes is risky. What happens if a Freo player gets injured or concussed in the first 15 minutes of the game.

Let Chappy build in the WAFL, we need him for the Dogs tall forward line ANZAC Day weekend so bring him back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think while Banfield has had an impact playing wing or up the ground, he was missed in the forward line. He is in good form this season and with Sonny playing most of the game falling on the ground we
Missed another agile opportunist.

Tabs , while you can say he has some results since coming in to the side, what has happened is the juju of Amiss and Treacy is off. Tabs takes opportunities that Amiss would have got but done better with.
Amiss, Treacy and Jackson worked really well together.

Omeara is not a sub . He needs to
Come in for Johnson and make Johnson sub or someone that can impact the front half and generate goals or goal assists.

Biggest change hopefully is that Darcy plays some ruck minutes.
Drop Tabs, have Jackson forward/ruck. Then we have to fix the forward line.
We need to kick 10-12 goals in good conditions
I’d rather see us try and win the game than restrict the opposition and hope for
a close win.
Fyfe forward just doesn’t look confident.
Add Simpson, Erasmus, with Emmett, Walters and see what happens.

Chappy has been out a long time, he'll have at least 1 more run in the WAFL.

There's a couple of homophobic words that were common in the 80's and 90's but totally unacceptable now. Guessing he used one of those words, probably the one in Dire Straits Money For Nothing.
Probably lucky he's not living in Scotland atm.

freo mids will pose us a great challenge, cant say rozee career best form coz of one amazing game against mediocre opposition. our mids dont often run 2ways, we always spread from a contest towards the fwd half before we even win a contested ball in the middle of the ground lol. freo great two way midfield.
Interesting perspective. Don’t think our mids are quite as good. We exit through the back of stoppage a lot and try cut through the gaps forward.
One thing is they dont kick goals running into the forward 50 which drives me insane!!

Should my buddy JOM finally get a full game?

Or do we keep paying top dollar on a 4 year deal (3 years left) for a limited minutes sub?

Perhaps Worner and JOM in for Freddy and Switta? Ras as sub?
I thought we traded JOM last year, or was it Brodie that got traded to satisfy JOM?

Or was it Stanley or Worner or Emmett.

I can't quite remember

Media voice inside WA has no impact though. You need one of the big name journos in Victoria onboard to have an impact.
True

Get Montagna on board maybe ?

On Vic media I’m liking what I’m hearing from David King lately and today

He usually tears strips off Freo but today he said we probably should be a lock for top 6
Encouraging!

Shows how Rozee and Butters stood 10m off the circle to use their speed and compensate for their lack of size

Remove this Banner Ad

Back