Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching flogging calcified and am genuinely embarrassed as Caro, Lloydy and Jabba take * apart, and Lloyd goes with " * have had 4 all Australian players in the past 10 years."

Yeah, we have had 3.............

It actually is more of an indictment on the AFL around 15/16, but still .......

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Just watching flogging calcified and am genuinely embarrassed as Caro, Lloydy and Jabba take * apart, and Lloyd goes with " * have had 4 all Australian players in the past 10 years."

Yeah, we have had 3.............

It actually is more of an indictment on the AFL around 15/16, but still .......

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Yeh wat a mess of a segment

Idk wat she thinks is the right way to rebuild …top ups don’t work and neither does bottoming out because it makes the supporters sad 😞

Nothing against Rampaging Roo, but by ignoring him the Tarryn Thomas thread disappears.

👍 Kudos to me.

Nothing against Rampaging Roo, but by ignoring him the Tarryn Thomas thread disappears.

👍 Kudos to me.
So we lost JHF, may lose TT and Sleevo might not make it. Yet our list has so much talent on it that if this happens we'll just swear once or twice and move on.

Imagine if you said in 2019 we'd lose TT (won a rising star nom) a future pick 1 and the rising star winner from the year before (2018). We'd be devastated but the reality now is losing JHFF is meh, losing Tarryn is a spew but we only had a couple of months of him playing to his ability and Sleevo... well he could still come good anyway. He probably is only just recovering from his hip injury now. But the rest of the side is doing okay.

Its incredible where we are at right now. And we'll get more talent in this year.

I was working on this last season, but never fully fleshed it out into a website. It's a scoring system that rewards starting scoring possession chains as well as penalises turnovers leading to opposition scoring possession chains. I refreshed it with 2023 data. Here's our top 10 players:

1680621355606.png

Updated for R4. Not sure if anyone else is interested, but I'm having a look myself anyway so I thought I'd post it here lol

1681202445062.png

Top 10:

1681202338601.png

Bottom 10:
1681202386385.png

Went with my dad (goDees) and my best little mate - his first time at the G. Well, he loved the G, and how high we were on the ramp when we were leaving. Other than that, he's ditched footy! Started singing Old McDonald had a farm at one stage - as comical as Luke as a footballer. Asked me who #28 was, I told him that he's the worst footballer we have, along with LMac. Then, a few minutes later, he asked me where our #1 was. Had to break it to him that we have 3 worst footballers. Thank goodness for Minecraft. My dad and I headed over to the Grumpy Old thread and reckon that there is too much razzle dazzle and the football is almost second fiddle. Might just be 3 generations before another 3 generations of my family get back to the footy.

In case anyone thinks we haven't achieved anything in recent times.

Longest Brownlow Medal Drought: 1st
Longest Premiership Drought: 4th
Longest Rising Star Winner Drought: 3rd

So that's something to hang our hats on.

Reckon we'd give the least AA placings over the last 25 years a damn good shake too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In case anyone thinks we haven't achieved anything in recent times.

Longest Brownlow Medal Drought: 1st
Longest Premiership Drought: 4th
Longest Rising Star Winner Drought: 3rd

So that's something to hang our hats on.

Reckon we'd give the least AA placings over the last 25 years a damn good shake too.
Just showed this post to the dog. Grim reading.

IMG_3315.png

A man and his two kids are on my train in full North gear on a Tuesday evening. Must be a good omen.
Family day at the club. And brother we need more than omens.

Was apparently caught up in last weekends incident. We know Comben was too.
He'd probably be feeling pretty down at the moment so I hope the club rallies.

I can probably expect CT to be laying off the drink for a while too as a result which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Quoting you here rather than the CT thread because it is only indirectly related.

How often are our players getting on the piss after games?

I have been to club functions (albeit 2019) where players have been getting smashed.

is this a consistent thing?

Quoting you here rather than the CT thread because it is only indirectly related.

How often are our players getting on the piss after games?

I have been to club functions (albeit 2019) where players have been getting smashed.

is this a consistent thing?
Wouldn't say often. Some more than others.
Your Will Phillips/Bailey Scotts would hardly ever unless its a special occasion whereas Stephenson/Curtis Taylor love the nightlife.

With Ziebell finishing up on Saturday and the Osborne being a popular place to visit - its just down to bad luck here were an altercation involving CT occur and JZ ended up a unprovoked and unfortunate victim.

You can bet 100% Todd Viney would have spoken to the playing group and reinforced standards when away at the club at both club sanctioned functions and in public.

i just found while doing to cleaning in my computer room (through some storage totes) my 2004* members pin (plus a I.D card from 2001 with a photo of a young me, when i had blonde hair)
*when i became a member of the club
I love finding old North stuff. Still have the ticket stub from the 1994 extended-time final win vs Hawthorn. Such a great day.

I love finding old North stuff. Still have the ticket stub from the 1994 extended-time final win vs Hawthorn. Such a great day.
I’ve got the little card they gave people in the queue outside the MCG before the 1999 Grand Final, so we could go home and come back in the morning to line up in the same order. The printed tickets themselves have faded, but the card hasn’t changed a bit.

I’ve got the little card they gave people in the queue outside the MCG before the 1999 Grand Final, so we could go home and come back in the morning to line up in the same order. The printed tickets themselves have faded, but the card hasn’t changed a bit.
I was in that queue as well! Tim Rogers from You Am I was too, just a few people behind me.

I was in that queue as well! Tim Rogers from You Am I was too, just a few people behind me.
One of my favourite footy memories from the Scott era was going back to the victory room after a good win to have Tim Rogers stand on a table and get teh entire room singing the song.

Was Brilliant.

Man I miss the eruptions of "Heart to Hearts" as you'd walk from the ground after a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back