Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it was to do with Perth Wildcats being guaranteed finals if they play 8 games in Tasmania each year.
If we win 4 games in Tassie in 2019 and it helps us play finals, would you be happy with that?

4 wins in Tassie this year would have seen us in the finals.

Fighting last words hey? Turned out to be total bullshit

What did No Balls do here?

I suspect Heath noted the NBL Facts bloke was using NBL owned stuff without licence to do so and he put a stop to it. He’s since blocked the guy from the NBL site completely in reaction to the above.

I suspect Heath noted the NBL Facts bloke was using NBL owned stuff without licence to do so and he put a stop to it. He’s since blocked the guy from the NBL site completely in reaction to the above.
I wonder if the NBL Facts bloke was the giantroo of the NBL or was cutting Heaths lunch

I wonder if the NBL Facts bloke was the giantroo of the NBL or was cutting Heaths lunch
That post showed an official club post using NBL Facts content so it feels more of a giantroo v AFL situation.

I just bought a Jack Ziebell match worn jumper in a charity auction so if I outbid someone here I’m sorry (not really, it’s for a good cause and I wanted it). Felt suddenly sentimental.

My then four year old started Auskick this year (didn't last too long but that's another story lol) and she was the only one of 40 or 50 kids in North gear.
I’ve got two kids now, the oldest being a 4 year old girl who turns 5 in December.
I’ve never forced sport onto her, but definitely encouraged it at certain times. She knows I’m into a bit of everything, but especially footy.
In the back half of this season she has shown much more of an interest in footy & in particular North Melbourne & the South Adelaide Panthers (more tangible given we can go to the games).

*Funnily a couple of months ago I was cooking a barbie outside & the Roos were playing Richmond. At one point I peered in when the tigers kicked a goal & she got a bit embarrassed because she realised she’d been caught giving the Richmond players on TV the rude finger.

Anyway, I digress…
I’m interested, what do they do at Auskick for young ones? I’m assuming 4 would be almost the youngest ones there? Do parents get involved or stand back & watch? Is there like a coach/trainer & it’s like skills based?

Both her & I were pretty excited when she started properly connecting her kicks when we had a kick around before kindy the other morning.

Is Auskick the only option for a little one? She starts actual primary school next Feb.

I’m all for unicorns & Disney princesses, but I’m more than happy to harness & encourage this newfound passion for footy.

IMG_4445.jpeg

I’m all for unicorns & Disney princesses, but I’m more than happy to harness & encourage this newfound passion for footy.
Brilliant. I’m not sure about Auskick as My 7 year old couldn’t give a rats about footy. Much more into the princesses and unicorns.

Still calls North us.

Also check this one out if it’s close to you(?)

IMG_8031.jpeg

Brilliant. I’m not sure about Auskick as My 7 year old couldn’t give a rats about footy. Much more into the princesses and unicorns.

Still calls North us.

Also check this one out if it’s close to you(?)

View attachment 1822061
Cheers!
Definitely going to it! The last South Adelaide game I took her to was at Unley Oval, so I’m sure she’ll be keen for another hotdog & an apple juice whilst I yell at the players.

this should be here in the mail this week...
770358_01__78855.1668723131.png
i got it a sometime ago so i am going to take a photo of it for you all.

I’ve got two kids now, the oldest being a 4 year old girl who turns 5 in December.
I’ve never forced sport onto her, but definitely encouraged it at certain times. She knows I’m into a bit of everything, but especially footy.
In the back half of this season she has shown much more of an interest in footy & in particular North Melbourne & the South Adelaide Panthers (more tangible given we can go to the games).

*Funnily a couple of months ago I was cooking a barbie outside & the Roos were playing Richmond. At one point I peered in when the tigers kicked a goal & she got a bit embarrassed because she realised she’d been caught giving the Richmond players on TV the rude finger.

Anyway, I digress…
I’m interested, what do they do at Auskick for young ones? I’m assuming 4 would be almost the youngest ones there? Do parents get involved or stand back & watch? Is there like a coach/trainer & it’s like skills based?

Both her & I were pretty excited when she started properly connecting her kicks when we had a kick around before kindy the other morning.

Is Auskick the only option for a little one? She starts actual primary school next Feb.

View attachment 1821978

It’s all about basic skills and fun. Parents do often get involved, holding a tackle bag or receiving kicks or handballs in a drill, but it’s mainly run by the trainers who are themselves more often than not parents of kids in attendance themselves. If you can get her to convince a couple of her friends to get involved it will assist your cause. In the older groups they eventually split into separate boys and girls groups. I presume all Auskick centres feed into a local junior club and those friendships carry over despite the kids ending up at different primary schools.

It’s a great start for kids mate. Google search all the info you need for your local Auskick options and I bet it will help her become even more
engaged when North are playing live in Adelaide or on telly. Good luck. 👍

Just watched the replay of the 2014 final against * for the first time, watching it live, Wells & Cunners were the standouts, but Scotty Thompson was outstanding. Close to BOG.

Just watched the replay of the 2014 final against * for the first time, watching it live, Wells & Cunners were the standouts, but Scotty Thompson was outstanding. Close to BOG.
For the first time?!!
Bloody hell, I’ve watched it thirty times since then. The second half anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the first time?!!
Bloody hell, I’ve watched it thirty times since then. The second half anyway.

Yeah. I have always been too disappointed with the our prelim failure so I didn’t want to celebrate an elimination final win. It was a fantastic game though. Everyone gave it their all.

If we win 4 games in Tassie in 2019 and it helps us play finals, would you be happy with that?

4 wins in Tassie this year would have seen us in the finals.

Fighting last words hey? Turned out to be total bullshit
Such a strange way to end a long-term relationship with a die hard supporter group lol

Such a strange way to end a long-term relationship with a die hard supporter group lol
Yep. The irony is that following this the club embarked on what has turned out to be the the worst 5 years we've ever endured.
Passion of the supporter base, whether its Aussie Rules or soccer - will always trump the opinions of a club employed individual.
Turns out most of us were right about our concerns.

Yep. The irony is that following this the club embarked on what has turned out to be the the worst 5 years we've ever endured.
Passion of the supporter base, whether its Aussie Rules or soccer - will always trump the opinions of a club employed individual.
Turns out most of us were right about our concerns.
Think about the guaranteed wins, tazza!

Last night I had a dream in which several North Melbourne players took part in a flash mob at Maylands train station in Perth. Jackson Archer, Josh Goater, Miller Berman, Paul Curtis, Cooper Harvey and Blake Drury are the ones I remember.

I asked PC for a photo, and he said he'd round the others up, which was nice, but I woke up before it could happen. I was telling Miller Bergman that he's good enough to play in a grand final, and he should aim for consistency rather than occasional brilliance because premiership sides are made up of role players that surround the stars. Be like Bailey Scott, was my message.

The flash mob was like something out of a musical, where a bunch of young women did a scene and then a bunch of young men appeared out of nowhere, perfectly choreographed. North players were in their training kit, because why not?

Anyway, that's probably the most random North thought I've had for a while.

Last edited:
Today’s North themed Gridley brought back into my head some names I hadn’t thought about in a while.

Wonder what Benny Speight and Matt Riggio are up to these days?

Attachments

• IMG_3387.png
    IMG_3387.png
    281.6 KB · Views: 34

Remove this Banner Ad

Back