Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you think of the 5.10 start? Is this a time slot we could make our own, maybe a half dozen games a year, and it opens up double headers on Friday's.

I'm looking forward to knocking off work tomorrrow, watching the game over dinner wuth the fam with some take out - the simple things! Inthink the time is also primetime between 5.10 and 7.50 being televised free to air and when the pubs are full.

I think Friday night football starts too late. When my kids were playing juniors they needed to go to bed at half time so the time might be good for younger families as well.

What do you think, worth a try, or would it be too hard to get to after work/school?

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Crap timeslot. People coming home from work, getting dinner ready - etc. Just not a good time for footy.

Crap timeslot. People coming home from work, getting dinner ready - etc. Just not a good time for footy.
It suits Perth to have the early Fri night start at 5:40pm local
Not for anyone east of Eucla

Were Ziebell/Cunners the last remaining players from the 2014/2015 finals?

Not smashing him because he was a great club servant and a worth AA forward for a stretch of 3 seasons. I was a definitely a Ben Brown fan.

Clubs got a lot of calls wrong over the last 3-4 years but we made the right decision standing firm on his contract when he was OOC a few years ago. Him and Larkey as non aerial KPF was never going to work long term, especially with our very limited supply and quality of ball.

A truly random thought that’s been on my mind for a while and in particular while watching the game against the Cats - am I the only one who sees plenty of opportunities for our players to at least try to smother kicks, but for some reason (tiredness? being on the back foot in ‘corall’ mode rather than attack mode? trying to avoid a head clash? softness?) we barely even put our arms out to try?

Is it just me?!

A truly random thought that’s been on my mind for a while and in particular while watching the game against the Cats - am I the only one who sees plenty of opportunities for our players to at least try to smother kicks, but for some reason (tiredness? being on the back foot in ‘corall’ mode rather than attack mode? trying to avoid a head clash? softness?) we barely even put our arms out to try?

Is it just me?!
Nope, definitely looked like a lot of smother opportunities weren't taken

Do not know why, but at the moment my nephew is compiling a list of "Vanilla" players from each AFL club and asked me to nominate a Nth player, i thought about it for about 10 seconds and said Darcy Tucker, did i miss someone more worthy ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was having a good convo with someone about fast tracking our youth, here me out.

It's well known we mastered fast tracking players physical developement and injury prevention with kangatec. How about we do the same with their mental preparedness.

My proposition is thus. We get together and petition the club to spend the kangatec millions on developing the first all immersive australian rules football simulator. It wont be easy, but you know it makes sense. Think of any sport then think of the winners, they have more reps and better quality reps. Could you compete in F1 without your simulator. Could you be a chess superstar without running games in your sleep. How many slams would Kyrgios have if you could get quality reps while in bed?

Some of us are already sick of hearing stay the course, work the process or whatever, and its only been 2 weeks since our last finals appearance. This is our ticket. We've mastered the body, now lets get a hold of the mind. They're prolly already working on it, as our way out of tassie. But just in case.. who's in? I've got the first line, "To Whom It May Concern"

The last time we had a 100 point win was 11 years ago vs Melbourne
Just seen this post. I was there I actually left before end of the game as I felt sorry for them it was so bad and just no competition. I got reminded this weekend it was 7 years since our 10 goal first quarter against crows in tassie which I was lucky to go to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back