Eddie says send North north

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon North will try to get into Bendigo after Tasmania exit. Bulldogs in Ballarat. Bendigo is now over 100k people. It will continue to grow. The Calder corridor all the way from Sunbury through Gisborne to Kyneton and up to Bendigo is a rapidly growing area. I live in this part of the state and its building fast.
Notice how North has spent the last two pre seasons at community football forums in Bendigo.

I do know that the Diggers Rest FC have recently opened new facilities. Could be worth a look at a few preseason training sessions being held there. Maybe alternate between the 3 club grounds with the Sunbury Kangaroos and Lions venues.

And I don’t know why the AFL haven’t looked at Calder Park raceway and turning it into a small boutique stadium. It’s on the Sunbury line, accessible by the free way. It’s just wasting away doing nothing.

I do know that the Diggers Rest FC have recently opened new facilities. Could be worth a look at a few preseason training sessions being held there. Maybe alternate between the 3 club grounds with the Sunbury Kangaroos and Lions venues.

And I don’t know why the AFL haven’t looked at Calder Park raceway and turning it into a small boutique stadium. It’s on the Sunbury line, accessible by the free way. It’s just wasting away doing nothing.
Calder park is built upon contaminated waste.

They took a gate fee for asbestos and toxic chemicals, paid officials to look the other way.

The cost to clean that up means it’s prohibitive to do anything.

Literally full of snakes and rats. Will be difficult to do anything with it.

Eddie McGuire has several thought bubbles every year and somehow gets his mates to write them up in the paper.

That we'll need a new NGA area to replace the one in Tasmania is a given, and for North Melbourne to get a new zone North of Melbourne is not that earth-shattering, if you ask me.

Wasn't he f***ing us off to Darwin this time last year?
If you listen to Ed's pod - and I do every week - it was Slobbo who called Ed because he wanted to write the story, Ed didn't seem too keen (I don't think those 2 are close) but he did it anyway

I was at a club meet at Calder with a couple mates many years back when that thunder dome was being built. For some reason there was an unlocked gate and there was an opportunity to sneak the type 3 VW wagon through and onto the dome itself. Obviously with street tyres and only a mildly hotted engine the type 3 didn't make it far up the wall but we got a couple of laps in before we decided to scarper. The only scarier ride I can recall was in a Ford Anglia driven with pedal floored along Kew Boulevard - that was not so scary due to the speed, just that the body roll caused all of us in the car to get seasick.

So obviously, despite Calder being almost as far from my place as you can be without leaving the metro-zone, I'm in if it is really beneficial for the club. Who do I proxy my votes to this time?

Just read the post be king of the road and screw that idea - I'm out!

This is simply a brilliant idea.

Use Highgate reserve as a secondary training facility. Play pre season games there etc.

75% of training and the administration still at Arden Street which we will never leave, but turn this into our zone, with secondary facilities.

Great idea.

I might be alone, but I don’t want to leave Arden St for a ******* paddock in Sunbury or Whittlesea.

Player retention would be horrible

Thanks
I think you’re missing his point, “Keep North Melbourne at Arden St, but also move up the road”. He’s saying Arden Street is our home but establish a presence in that area. Could easily be done through community involvement, pre-season stuff like match sims, training sessions etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you’re missing his point, “Keep North Melbourne at Arden St, but also move up the road”. He’s saying Arden Street is our home but establish a presence in that area. Could easily be done through community involvement, pre-season stuff like match sims, training sessions etc.
Mate as laudable as it may sound anything suggested by Eddie to ‘assist’ north is coming with an enormous s**t sandwich 🙄

Its actually pretty sensible, i would include the area right up to bendigo, might even be able to manage a gerrymander that takes in Gasos katamittite!

I say go further, keep going, further, further, further

Yep you guessed it

G.V
I've been through Katamatite and Katamatite South 6 times this year, including today. Kept my eyes peeled the whole way, and never once saw Sammy Wright or Gasometer 😡

I've been through Katamatite and Katamatite South 6 times this year, including today. Kept my eyes peeled the whole way, and never once saw Sammy Wright or Gasometer 😡

I was at the Optometrist getting new retinas installed; burnt out from the horror first 6 Rounds

Sammy’s at AFLW being a Coach at the Filth iirc

Not all in sunbury?

'The Kangaroos will soon lose their second home in Tasmania because of the new Devils team – and they will also lose their NGA access to the island state’s young talent....'

Our great gushing geyser of Tasmanian NGA talent is set to dry up? Oh noes....
Our 1 NGA player tally could have been 4 if we had done: literally anything.

But we chose to neglect it for years because NGAs have never unearthed talent…

I might be alone, but I don’t want to leave Arden St for a ******* paddock in Sunbury or Whittlesea.

Player retention would be horrible

Thanks
Yeah.

It’s a ******* insane idea from the mouth of a rambling madman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back