MFC Fans Only Non-Dees Footy Chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk of Barham needing to stand down as president now, what an absolute s**t show.
It's a totally fair point. Putting the religious stuff aside, Thorburn was the CEO of NAB when they were found to be defrauding customers, resigned in disgrace, was put in charge of the Essendon review, interviewed all the candidates for CEO and picked himself as the winner. There's no excuse for the lack of process or due dilligence.

Just when you think it cant get any worse: According to Barrett this morning, Scott's agreement to the coaching appointment was in part linked with an assurance that Thorburn would be CEO.

Just when you think it cant get any worse: According to Barrett this morning, Scott's agreement to the coaching appointment was in part linked with an assurance that Thorburn would be CEO.
Maybe Goddard was right and they'll make a movie about Essendon after all

Its all lining up for Hirdy to come back and save the day as coach. Sheeds president. Simon Madden CEO.

The Essendon nuffy dream team will sort this mess right out, Bombers for 5 flags in a row.

Maybe Goddard was right and they'll make a movie about Essendon after all
Haha part of me always thought that BJ was a great for Essendon and the only reason he got all that s**t for being pointy and aggressive on field was because he was an outsider. They were lucky to get him lol he was a genuine caring player when they had a heckload of happy to be there campaigners

Never liked the bloke. I hated all of St.Kilda then though. Bunch of absolute flogs that whole side.
Don't have to like to know he can ******* play. I hated Rooey when played but he's an all time great

Don't have to like to know he can ******* play. I hated Rooey when played but he's an all time great

Doesnt mean I didnt think he was good, just as a personality I never liked him is all I meant, even now I think hes boring as bat s**t in the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Dons CEO was sacked because he's part of a church? That's a real can of worms.
Mate...read what actually happened.

He's the chairman of a church that, amongst other things, compares abortion to The Holocaust and talks about the sin of homosexuality.

Attending a church that believes that is one thing, but being the chairman means you're accountable for the views of the religious sect you lead.

Having said that, this will definitely mark an uncomfortable debate in public as more of these things will emerge.

Mate...read what actually happened.

He's the chairman of a church that, amongst other things, compares abortion to The Holocaust and talks about the sin of homosexuality.

Attending a church that believes that is one thing, but being the chairman means you're accountable for the views of the religious sect you lead.

Having said that, this will definitely mark an uncomfortable debate in public as more of these things will emerge.
Doesn't really matter does it? If you're the chairman of a regular church you believe homosexuality is a sin, so anyone associated with any church should be sacked then.

Doesn't really matter does it? If you're the chairman of a regular church you believe homosexuality is a sin, so anyone associated with any church should be sacked then.
Yes quite possibly, my worry is that this will turn into a conversation society isn't ready for yet

Nope, a church is a diaspora of views, as a rank and file attendee you can just stay silent and not be seen to be promoting anything.

As the chairman, you're leading the whole. Essendon told him to choose between the two jobs. He could have still attended the church and believed whatever he wanted as CEO, as long as his public comments didn't contradict the Essendon values that they publish.

It's not about what you believe, it's about brand damage.

Honestly, the more I read about the guy the more I reckon he's just a grifter who doesn't really believe in anything that might get in the way of his ability to chase the biggest pay packet.

Hates homosexuality cause the bible says so but conveniently ignores all the stuff about the evils of money-lenders and theft so he can run a bank where he defrauded customers. He actually promoted some fluff Pride thing for NAB when he was there.

He definitely got the most public heat for his involvement with the church but his tenure at NAB should have disqualified him from all the top jobs in the business world forever. He was asked to choose between the two jobs by Essendon and I expect he picked the one that paid better.

Honestly, the more I read about the guy the more I reckon he's just a grifter who doesn't really believe in anything that might get in the way of his ability to chase the biggest pay packet.

Hates homosexuality cause the bible says so but conveniently ignores all the stuff about the evils of money-lenders and theft so he can run a bank where he defrauded customers. He actually promoted some fluff Pride thing for NAB when he was there.

He definitely got the most public heat for his involvement with the church but his tenure at NAB should have disqualified him from all the top jobs in the business world forever. He was asked to choose between the two jobs by Essendon and I expect he picked the one that paid better.
His past with NAB and the royal commission should've ruled him out of the job, the fact he was on the search committee and interviewed other applications should've disqualified him from the job. The fact that he had to choose between the church role and Essendon role was wrong. His role in the church wasn't to oversee what was preached thats up to the Pastor.

His past with NAB and the royal commission should've ruled him out of the job, the fact he was on the search committee and interviewed other applications should've disqualified him from the job. The fact that he had to choose between the church role and Essendon role was wrong. His role in the church wasn't to oversee what was preached thats up to the Pastor.
Agree, but if you're the CEO of a green energy company, you can hardly be a director for Woodside Petroleum on the side

This again is why you need to know the full story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back